Past the MV

Brought to Life (Drabble Collection)

Word Count: 2,151

 

There was a loud crack behind Sehun, who jumped through the roof, or quite nearly, sending a huge gust of wind behind him and ruffling the prankster’s hair.

“Jongin,” he whined. “The first few times you were trying out your new powers was cute but I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the sound. You know it scares the out of me. Quit before you give me a legitimate heart attack. It’s already bad enough to have Luhan moving my stuff when I’m not looking or Zitao and his time shenanigans,” he complained, pouting. Sehun looked so cute like this and Jongin couldn’t resist stealing a quick kiss.

“Sorry Sehunie. You know I love that cute look on your face, slightly annoyed and embarrassed.” He grinned.

“Would you stop doing that Jongin? The sneak attack kisses are weird and I’m not interested.”

“You know you love it. Besides, Yixing never gets mad at me.” Sehun grumbled some inaudible and slightly resigned answer. “This teleportation thing is really fun and I think I’m getting the hang of it now,” he returned to the subject. Jongin, Joonmyun, Luhan, Jongdae, and Yifan had decent control of their powers, powers they had recently discovered to extend past the music video of MAMA.

Luhan’s got out of control when he was especially angry, but that was rare. Yifan somehow had mastery over his powers since day one, a couple weeks ago and could fly whenever and wherever he wanted, unlike most of the rest of them, who were still learning.

Jongin had only gotten the hang of teleportation in the past two days. On the third day that they had their powers, he had attempted teleporting from his room to the kitchen and ended up in the living room of the Chinese dorms and what was worse is that he found Minseok and Luhan making out on the sofa, something he never needed to see in his life. The loud crack that accompanied his teleportation didn’t faze either of them and they continued as if nothing had happened. After teleporting to the dancing studio in Korea, Jongin ended up back in his room. He decided that at this point, walking was definitely easier.

While it was funny and it helped Joonmyun master his powers, Chanyeol’s accidental spontaneous combustion of potted plants could only be so funny. Once, Chanyeol accidentally set fire to Baekhyun’s hair and singed his hair and his head on one side. This was even less funny and Kyungsoo almost ripped the giant in half with his newfound strength, he was debating whether to punch Chanyeol into next week or smush him with a boulder before Joonmyun calmed him down.

The M members had returned to Korea the week prior, so they asked Yixing to fix things, which he did almost perfectly. He went a little too far and after healing the skin, he went a little too far restoring Baekhyun’s hair so that it ended up longer on one side, significantly so. Baekhyun needed to get a haircut along with getting his hair re-dyed. Apparently, Yixing’s powers reversed any sort of physical damage, including hair dye, and Baekhyun was back to having dark brown hair and taking the lovely red out. Baekhyun decided it was better to re-dye his hair and get it cut than to be bald on one side of his head. They were also constantly asking Yixing to fix all of the poor charred plants once the fires were doused.

Zitao was attempting to run around and pull pranks with time paused but he kept losing control of time in the middle of pranks and always ended up in the strangest predicaments, an example of which was dumping a bucket of water on Chanyeol. Before he could tip it upside down and leave, time un-paused and he was stuck holding a bucket right over Chanyeol’s head from behind.

Chanyeol complained that he wasn’t getting any sleep because for some reason, Baekhyun glowed in the dark, which was worse than his sleep singing. He begged Jongin to switch rooms with him because Jongin slept like a rock but Jongin said the only person he would swap rooms with would be Joonmyun. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and Joonmyun suggested a sleeping mask, which worked pretty well.

Jongdae’s pranks were getting worse now that he could induce static in whatever he chose. He was going around the dorm and charging the doorknobs so that people got shocks when they touched the knobs to open the doors to their rooms. These weren’t little static shocks, they were bridging on the point of physical harm. He also enjoyed charging Luhan’s hair just enough that it wouldn’t smooth out no matter what he did but also that his hair didn’t frizz, which would definitely be the death of him. Luhan said that Jongdae was a demon of mayhem disguised as an innocent-looking boy. For that, he got a sharp zap and severe static in his hair. Sometimes Jongdae’s antics led to power outages in the dorms and it usually led to Luhan holding Jongdae upside down until his face turned red or he figured out how to solve the problem he had created.

Minseok kept accidentally dropping the temperature in the dorms. Chanyeol’s fires always warmed their dorms up, but putting out the fires was always troublesome. One of the more unfortunate occurrences due to Minseok’s powers was that he froze his and Luhan’s lips together during a make-out session. As they thawed slowly, Jongdae took excellent blackmail pictures. No one wanted to risk Chanyeol setting fire to the couple in order to speed up the thawing. No matter how hard Luhan searched, he couldn’t find the blackmail pictures.

Sehun’s powers were out of hand almost as often as Chanyeol’s although they did significantly less damage. Whenever Sehun got emotional, or was surprised by Jongin’s teleportation noises, he release whirlwinds that raged through the dorms, occasionally breaking things, sending papers flying, or rattling the doors and windows. Luhan said that Sehun was always emotional and that he was surprised that the dorms weren’t in a constant state of windy chaos. For this, Sehun sent winds so powerful that Luhan’s hair wouldn’t lay flat even after two showers and a whole bottle of conditioner. Yixing had to fix it, which Sehun said felt like betrayal and that Yixing was too nice for his own good.

Luhan abused his powers in order to get revenge on Sehun and Jongdae for messing with his hair. He oftentimes moved all of Sehun’s stuff around in his room. He sent Jongdae’s clothes out the window to land on the ground outside the dorms and be collected by the sasaeng fans. Jongdae was constantly going shopping for new clothes because of this and it began the war between Luhan and the combined efforts of Jongdae and Sehun. In the end, Joonmyun and Yixing managed to moderate between the two parties.

 

--

 

“Yifan,” Sehun whined. “How did you master your powers? You’ve been able to fly from day one! I can’t even do simple stuff like create wind when I want to,” he complained.

“I just jumped off of a building. I knew that if I didn’t fly by the time I hit the ground, I’d be screwed. After that I remembered the feeling of flying and I guess that’s about it,” he replied in his deep rapper voice.

“Boo. That’s not helpful. Besides, I don’t have a power that can save me from dying if I jump off of a building!”

“Do you know what it feels like when you use your wind powers?”

“Well, kind of...”

“Just try and replicate that.” Sehun gave one of his signature maknae pouts as he tried to figure out what that meant.

Jongin teleported behind Sehun with a crack and Sehun squealed like a little girl, sending a whirlwind through the dorms.

“Try and replicate that without knocking everything off of the walls,” Yifan said, fixing his hair. Sehun sighed in frustration.

“Your powers are really good for making after- hair,” Jongin joked.

“Gee thanks,” Sehun replied.

“It’s better than spontaneous combustion of these poor potted plants and various other things or glowing in the dark. Although that’s helpful when Jongdae screws with the lights, but that’s about it unless someone wants to blind Jongdae while we’re at it,” Jongin added.

“But it really isn’t as good as being able to crush buildings with your bare hands, fly at sonic speeds, or make it rain,” Sehun pointed out. “Or even teleport across the world in a second.”

“Yeah. It is a nice power to have to be able to do that,” Jongin mused.

“Mayhaps you could get some modesty while you’re at it,” Sehun teased, punching Jongin in the arm, a little harder than playfully.

“Ouch! Sehun! That’s not playing fairly. I guess I’m going to have to punish you for injuring the great and powerful Jongin,” he joked, stealing another kiss from the other’s lips.

“How many times do I have to tell you that that’s not okay!?”

“A whole bunch!” He stuck his tongue out before teleporting to somewhere that wasn’t within Sehun’s range. The loud crack caused another whirlwind.

 

--

 

Jongin had teleported Sehun and Chanyeol out into the middle of nowhere so that they could learn to master their powers in an environment in which they could not harm anyone and in which they would do minimal damage.

“So just think of what you want to happen and then try and make it happen. Actually I don’t even know what I’m saying. Where’s Joonmyun hyung when we need him?” Jongin asked.

“You’re the one who brought us here. You’re also the one who forgot to bring Joonmyun,” Chanyeol pointed out.

“You’re right,” Jongin said as if he had an epiphany. Sehun just rolled his eyes. It wouldn’t do any good to complain about something Jongin couldn’t really fix. He’d always be an idiot and there was just no getting around that fact.

Sehun breathed in and out several times before closing his eyes and concentrating on making a whirlwind. It started out about the size of a trash bin but soon grew to a small tornado.

“Sehun! You’re doing it!” Jongin cheered. Sehun opened his eyes slowly and saw a fully controlled tornado right before his eyes. With a simple swipe of his hand, it was gone as if it had never even existed.

“Okay Chanyeol, it’s your turn,” Jongin said.

“I don’t think I can do this...” Chanyeol said in a deep voice full of uncertainty.

“I believe in you,” Jongin said. He was always unnaturally bubbly in Sehun’s opinion, but the fact that he was like a hyperactive puppy was somehow still endearing.

“O-okay.” He focussed and before he knew it, he had a raging tower of flames.

“Uh... I think that might be a little extreme... Can you get rid of it,” Sehun asked nervously. Chanyeol tried to do the same thing that Sehun did, but it only made the inferno bigger.

“Mayhaps you can put it out, Sehun. Just like how you blow a candle out.” Sehun summoned a tornado but that only made things worse. Now they had a tornado of fire raging high above them.

“Now’s a good time to run then?” Jongin grabbed his friend’s arms and teleported them all back to the dorm. As soon as they were gone, the natural disaster disappeared.

“Well that was all kinds of successful, now wasn’t it?”

“I agree that it could have gone better... But at least you have control of your windy powers now,” Jongin said brightly. “Mayhaps on our next excursion to investigate these powers, we should bring Joonmyun-hyung along.”

 

--

 

“How’d your practices go today?” Yixing asked when the rest of the members came back to the dorms. Only Sehun, Jongin, and Chanyeol had stayed behind to work on control.

“I don’t know. I guess they went okay,” Sehun said, realising that he could now very easily harass his boyfriend from a distance. He would have to fully exploit his wind powers and the fact that Yixing had a sensitive neck. “I learned how to do this.” He focussed and created puff of air on the back of Yixing’s neck.

Yixing squealed like a little girl. “Sehun—“ his voice jumped an octave at the end as another burst of air hit his exposed neck.

“Heh. I’m sorry hyung. You’re reactions are just the best thing ever. Mayhaps if you beg for mercy I’ll stop.”

“Please s-stop. Se-hun!”  With Sehun’s windy harassment, Yixing couldn’t get a proper sentence out. Regardless, he looked adorable.

“Okay hyung. I’m sorry.” Sehun hugged him and then planted a firm kiss on his lips that turned from a quick peck to a long French kiss, made longer by Minseok freezing the two together as payback from Luhan.