Shenanigans with the Jongs

Brought to Life (Drabble Collection)

Requested by: AwesomePicEditor67

Word Count: ~ 2.6 k

 

When they heard two screams from the bathroom not too long after the fire tornado fiasco, they found out that Jongin didn’t have as much control over his powers as he thought he did.  Jongin had tried to escape Sehun’s wrath after another stolen kiss but ended up in the wrong place. His destination was supposed to be the Chinese dance studio. Instead, he ended up in the shower with probably the last person he wanted to catch showering: Jongdae. Two of the least manly screams anyone in the dorm had ever heard echoed through the rooms and hallways and both Jongdae and Jongin screamed bloody murder. Shortly after the two screams, the power went out through the dorms and then came a deadly silence.

No one recognised the screams but Jongdae was in the bathroom so they assumed that he was one of the screamers. Sehun knew that the other was Jongin because he had just teleported away and no one could sneak into the bathroom that stealthily except for Jongin when he teleported. Joonmyun was the first person in the bathroom to check on the two. He found two unconscious boys and air still thick with electricity. On second thought, he didn’t want to go in and brave the electricity, having water-based powers. The second to arrive was Chanyeol followed by Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked with extremely wide eyes. Sehun was the next to come.

“I’m pretty sure that Jongin accidentally teleported in here while Jongdae was showering. Jongdae probably got surprised, like any sane person would, and released a giant electricity burst,” Joonmyun speculated. “And because the air was wet with moisture, the electricity was conducted through the room and ended up shocking the two of them. We’ve already observed that we’re not immune to our own powers, as Luhan and Minseok demonstrated so kindly for us by freezing themselves together.”

“Will they be okay? Yixing is out with Yifan and Tao right?” Sehun asked nervously.

“Yeah. He’s not here at the moment so I guess we can either call him or just wait for them to wake up. We’d better at least put them somewhere more comfortable until then. I’ll get Jongdae dressed and taken care of and you can deal with Jongin,” Joonmyun instructed, turning to Sehun. Joonmyun wrapped Jongdae up in a towel before dragging him to his room to get something on him.

Sehun walked across the wet floor to pick up the damp Jongin. He picked up a towel on the way to attempt to dry the other boy off. He wasn’t particularly wet, just his shirt and face. The pale boy then proceeded to pick the limp boy up wedding-style and drag him to Sehun’s Kyungsoo’s. 

“You’re an annoying idiot,” Sehun commented to the unconscious boy. “This wouldn’t have happened if you had just left me alone. Why am I even talking to you? You’re basically a corpse right now, or at least you can’t respond, like a corpse. You know what? I think I like a quiet Jongin better than the loud annoying one that always teases me,” Sehun told the mass on the bed. “I think that Jongdae is just lucky that Luhan is out with Xiumin at the moment. If he weren’t, that boy would have hell to pay for all of the annoying things he’s done over the past few weeks.” Sehun sighed. ‘I just hope you didn’t do any permanent or severe brain damage. The thing is tiny as it is and any more traumas would just be bad, although, in theory, Yixing could just fix it. I wonder if he could fix your stupid.”

“Are you really having a conversation with Jongin right now?” Baekhyun asked, poking his head in the room. “I bet he’s a great conversationalist like this.” He beamed deviously. “Are you really this starved for attention that you’ll stoop to talking to unconscious bodies? Have you decided you aren’t getting enough love from Xingie and you need attention from other sources?”

“Shut up. Go bang Kyungsoo or something. I presume that’s more entertaining than watching me talk to this sleeping lump.”

‘Just don’t get too into your cute little unresisting thing. You could regret it.”

“I’m not some sort of Baek! Get your mind out of the gutter!”

“Hey, you’re the one with his mind in the gutter. I wasn’t insinuating anything. You just jumped to that conclusion,” he chuckled before absconding and narrowly avoiding razor winds emanating from the pale boy sitting on the bed next to the tan boy..

Jongin groaned and his eyes slowly blinked open. “Good morning. Guess we don’t have to wait for Yixing to fix you, you little jerk,” Sehun told him. “But you realise it’s your own damned fault for playing this little game of ours. You didn’t think about where you were going to teleport before doing so and now look what you’ve done to yourself. You went and got yourself electrocuted,” he grumbled.

“What are you talking about? I can’t teleport. That’s Jongin,” Jongin said with a confused facial expression.

“Oh yeah. You’re hilarious Jongin, pretending you’re not Jongin. If you’re not Jongin, then enlighten me as to who the hell you actually are,” Sehun said sourly.

“I’m Jongdae. Are you stupid or something?”

“Wow. You’re hilarious, pretending to be Jongdae. What do you take me for? An idiot? I can tell the difference between you two. It’s something on the magnitude of ten centimetres.”

“Are you just playing with me? I’m pretty sure I know who I am thanks.”

“You should really cut this out now Jongin. It’s not particularly funny. I know you don’t have a real sense of humour but at least cut the crap.”

“It’s you who’s having me on, not the other way around. How stupid do I look?”

“Pretty damned stupid. Especially when you do your stupid fan service.”

Joonmyun appeared in the doorway with Jongdae trailing him. “I think we have a problem.” Jongdae’s eyes widened and they looked bigger than Kyungsoo’s when he heard Luhan speak Chinese.

“How is my body over there!?” Jongin yelled, pointing at Jongdae.

“I should be asking the same question. What the hell happened?” Jongdae yelled back. “You look like me, but I’m Jongdae.”

“What the hell did you do to us!?” Jongdae screamed. The air began to crackle with the sound of static.

“Me!? This isn’t my fault!”

“How is it not!? You’re the one who electrocuted the both of us!”

“That’s because you snuck up on me!”

“I didn’t mean to sneak up on you. I just teleported to the wrong place! Why is it your first reaction to send electricity just everywhere when you get surprised? It’s a stupid habit, especially in the shower. Are you some kind of idiot?” the Jongin in Jongdae’s body asked.

“It’s your fault for not paying attention to where you were going!” the Jongdae in Jongin’s body yelled back.

“Okay, why don’t you try teleporting to the destination you choose and see how well that goes for you!”

“If I knew how to work this body, I’d show you that I’m better at working your powers than you are.”

“Well your powers are easy to use! Teleporting is a pain,” Jongin in Jongdae’s body grumbled.

“You think that electricity is easy to manage?” Jongdae in Jongin’s body snapped.

“What, you mean you think this is difficult?” Jongin in Jongdae’s body held his hand out in front of him as if he were holding an invisible ball. At first nothing happened but in Jongdae’s hand, a ball of electricity began to form, sparks shooting around an invisible bowl, not leaving the ball in Jongdae’s fist.

“I bet you can’t even control my powers enough to get to the kitchen without ending up in the Australian outback or something,” Jongin challenged, smirking.

With a crack that startled Sehun into releasing a small whirlwind, Jongin disappeared. A few seconds later, he came back with an apple, which he tossed at Jongin in his body. The second crack and whirlwind ruffled Jongin’s hair.

“Damn do I look good with after- hair,” Jongin observed with Jongdae’s borrowed voice.

“I think we just proved that somehow Jongin and Jongdae have switched bodies. Only Jongin would actually pause to admire his own face even in a situation like this,” Sehun stated.

“Ugh. It’s so weird seeing and hearing myself compliment Jongin on his after- look. Just stop talking before I puke,” Jongdae grumbled with Jongin’s borrowed voice.

“Why don’t you make me shortie,” Jongin taunted at the boy sitting on the bed, who stood up.

“Shortie? Who’s the shortie now?” Jongin’s body stepped toward Jongdae’s. “You’re the shortie now, Jongin,” Jongdae informed him with a smirk.

“Damn, does my smirk really look this y? I’d never noticed.”

“Ugh. You are so shallow!” Sehun complained. He managed to sort out who was who but Joonmyun was watching the exchange but seemed totally lost.

“So wait... You two switched bodies because of the electrical phenomenon?”

“Well duh,” Jongin’s voice said in the sassiest way it could muster. It sounded weird hearing sass from a voice used primarily for jokes not sarcasm.

“When you talk like that, it feels like you’re abusing my mouth or something. Stop sassing with my voice. It’s weird.” Jongdae’s voice scolded.

“So what do you approve of me doing with your mouth? I wonder what else you can do with this body. Seems stronger than mine.” A devious expression passed over his face.

“Don’t even think about it. Whoever you’re forcing into doing whatever, don’t. It’s wrong and I don’t want to be held accountable.”

“There’s so much potential for naughtiness like this. So I can do things as long as they don’t involve other people?”

“Two can play at this game, even if I’m at a disadvantage from being stuck in this body,” Jongin replied venomously.

“I resent that! At least my body can sing. Yours probably sounds like a fifty-year-old man with no voice lessons.”

“Well you dance like a penguin with its feet tied together so I bet this body doesn’t even have half the strength mine does.” Sehun’s hair was standing on end, half from the electricity running between the two and half because Jongin was charging the air with his new static powers.

“Ugh! Would you two just get a room!? On second thought, I’m just going to leave.” Sehun got up off the bed and stalked off like a primadona.

“I don’t know if it’s just because I’m stuck in Jongin’s body, but you’ve got a fine booty,” Jongdae commented.

“Shut up you ,” Jongin grumbled back at him.

“You’re the , always messing with Yixing’s boy, although admittedly he has a nice ” Sehun pulled a face.

“Well he doesn’t mind so I can have a little fun.”

“Joonmyun,” Sehun huffed at the doorway. “You deal with these two, I think they’re giving me a migraine.” Joonmyun looked on the verge of tears at the thought of dealing with them. “Just keep them in this room and out of trouble until Yixing gets back and hopefully he can fix everything.”

“Okay. That I think I can do. I think that they might just bicker the whole time until Yixing comes back, which will be a relief.”

“I’ll text him saying that we have a problem.” Joonmyun nodded. Sehun headed back out to the living room before sending his quick text.

“Hey, so what’s happening with Jongin and Jongdae?” Chanyeol asked in his deep voice, looking up when Sehun walked into the room.

“It’s nothing. They just kind of ended up switching bodies,” Sehun replied casually.

“What!?” Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun all gasped in unison.

“Yeah. There was electrical stuff and now they’ve switched bodies. It’s kind of complicated but you know. Can’t be helped. We’re just going to wait it out. They’re bickering like a married couple so either they’re going to rip one another in half or shag. I’d be totally willing to take bets on which,” Sehun smiled slightly satanically.

“You would really bet money on two apparently mentally disturbed people instead of trying to find a way to fix this?’ Baekhyun asked in dismay.

“Uh. Yeah, basically.”

“Okay, then put me down for twenty on them brawling.”

“I’m going to say that they end up snogging,” Kyungsoo bet.

“I’m going to agree with Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol said.

“I’m betting with Baekhyun on this one. So losers have to pay winners twenty thousand won each,” Sehun said and they all nodded in ascent.

 

Joonmyun closed the door and came out to join the others in the living room. “I signed up to become an idol, not a babysitter,” he complained.

“Well, it’s too bad that you sold your body and soul to SM. Now it doesn’t matter what the rest of your contract says. You’re now a babysitter and whatever the hell else SM wants you to be,” Sehun replied.

“Ugh, I think I can hear them bickering still, even through the door,” Joonmyun groaned.

“Did they look like they were going to kill each other or bang?” Kyungsoo and Baekhyun asked in unison.

“I’d say neither because they’re still at the banter stage, too difficult to tell at the moment but if I had to guess, they’re leaning toward fisticuffs,” Joonmyun speculated.

The yelling was slowly getting louder and it didn’t sound as harmless as before. The five in the living room rushed back to Jongin and Kyungsoo’s shared room to see Jongdae, who was actually Jongin, shooting bolts of lightning at Jongin, who was actually Jongdae, as Jongdae taunted. The lightning was setting things on fire and Joonmyun began shooting water at the little patches of flame on the walls, not wanting to go in for fear of getting shocked with lightning. It wasn’t helping that Jongdae in Jongin’s body was teleporting back and forth to avoid being hit. Because they were jumping about in their little battle, Joonmyun was not only putting out the fires, but also watering the two fighting boys.

Finally Jongin in Jongdae’s body managed to pounce on Jongdae in Jongin’s body. Sparks were flying everywhere and suddenly an especially large one ran through the both of them, conducted through the water soaking through them. There was a giant flash and both of them flew away from one another. The two lay unconscious.

“You two need to fork over sixty bucks,” Sehun aid rather insensitively to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

“Our friends could be dead and you’re asking for money?” Chanyeol asked, surprised. Joonmyun was in the room, checking for breath and pulses.

“Yeah, they’re alive, in the event that anyone actually cared. And yeah, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo you two owe me twenty each.”

They heard groans from the two boys as they woke up. Joonmyun was standing beside Jongdae’s body. “Which one are you?” he asked. Jongdae looked at him, confused. “Are you Jongdae or Jongin?”

“Are you stupid? I’m Jongdae. Why would I be Jongin? Oh right. There was that brief interlude when I was Jongin.” He was returning to consciousness, but this time in his own body. Joonmyun heaved a sigh of relief. Sehun was standing beside Jongin.

“You’re back to being Jongin?” He asked, back to Jongdae.

“Yeah. Damn it was weird being in Jongdae’s body. He’s so short.”

“Hey!”

“It’s true!”

“Whatever. And Sehun, your isn’t all that great. I think it was the Jongin in me talking and impairing my brain,” Jongdae added as an aside. Sehun puffed his cheeks out in annoyance.

“Don’t worry Hunnie, I think you have a wonderful .” Sehun just rolled his eyes.

 

A/N: Sorry, it's kind of really random. It was meant to be under 2 k words but that didn't happen. I hope you enjoy it even as stupid as it is. XD Leave prompts/requests in the comments and I'll try to comply. I hope you like the series of random episodes of dumb that EXO commit.