Two

The one that got away.
Please log in to read the full chapter

After four 2-hour sessions you were finally done for the weekend. You locked up the practice room and headed home.

When you reached home all the lights were off. You guessed that Aeri went out again. Shaking your head you went to the local store and grabbed dinner to eat.

Walking into your still-in renovations apartment, you felt it. You always thought that Aeri was insane to get a boyfriend in such a way but at least she was trying. At least she was looking for someone.

Who were you looking for?

Why were you still single?

You opened up your ramyeon bowl, put the hot water in, and sat in front of the TV.

You needed a boyfriend.

The next morning you heard your phone alarm go off. You immediately turned it off then opened your sleep-crusted eyes and did your morning stretch. You sleepily walked over to the bathroom and washed your face and brushed your teeth. Finally awake you walked over to the couch and looked at your phone.

“10:30!!” you screamed.

You ran to the bedroom and noticed that Aeri wasn’t there. You fumed and ran to the bathroom. But the door was locked.

“Thank god.” You smiled.

A few seconds later the door opened and Aeri walked out.

“You’re up.” She smiled.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” you asked running into the shower.

“You looked so tired I didn’t want to wake you!” she called out.

Twenty minutes later you were ready to go.

“Ready?” you looked over at Aeri.

She looked great. She had the whole chic yet edgy look going on. With her slim American style clothing and gorgeous wavy locks. She was going to stand out.

“Let’s go.” You nodded.

An hour later you were at the concert venue. There were young girls running around everywhere. The lines for merchandise were insanely long and the concert didn’t start for another 6 hours.

“My goodness.” Aeri exasperated, “Are concerts always like this?”

You nodded. You were standing in line for coffee before standing in line for the floor area.

“Only for popular idols.” You answered.

“This is insane.”

The two of you then walked over to the now growing line.

“Will we get a decent view?” she asked.

“I hope so.” You crossed your fingers.

A few hours later you were finally let in.

“Yes, finally.” Aeri stood up, “I didn’t know how much longer I could take.”

You shook your head and followed the rest of the girls inside. You all waited in the hallway as they let you in line by line. A few minutes later you entered the venue and were only a few feet away from the stage.

“This is great!” you squealed.

“Amazing.” Aeri fixed her hair, “We so lucked out.”

“We did.”

“I hope we can get backstage or something.”

You rolled your eyes.

“Or maybe there’s a party we can get into!” she grabbed your arm enthusiastically.

The lights went off and the stage lights when on. The stadium erupted with screams and yellow lights starting lighting up all around you.

It was starting.

~~

Three

Please log in to read the full chapter