First day (Part 1.)

Complications

 

 
I walked out of the building, feeling foolish. 'What the hell was I thinking. I haven't even started training yet and I already...ugh!' I murmured to myself. He looked pretty talented... And if I were to impress him, I would have to be better than him... Which means that I'm so dead...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the next week, I practiced hard in my singing and dancing. The day before my first training day, I lost my voice and my muscles were sore. Sore to the extent that I was unable to walk without wincing. I banged my room wall with my fist in frustration. I must've been making a racket because when my mother opened the door to my bedroom, the first thing she said was,' You woke your brother up from his sleep. 'My brother was a heavy sleeper so it meant that he wasn't the type to wake up even when there is an ambulance blaring its siren outside of our house. 'Stop your banging Hanmi. We just moved into this apartment three weeks ago and I don't want you breaking a hole in the wall.' I stopped and looked up. 'You're more worried about the wall than me?' 'Yes I am.' I laughed at my mother's infamous humor. She sat down on the edge of the bed, right next to me. 'Now tell me what's wrong,' she asked. I tried to speak but because of my hoarse throat, words didn't come out as easily. 'My...erhem...muscles...erhem ache and throat...erhem not feeling erhem well.' She slightly nodded and sighed. 'There's nothing much I can do... Tell you what, I'll make some lemongrass tea for you and apply some cream on your muscles so you would feel better.'she said. I watched as she walked silently out of the room. I lied down, arms spread, on my bed and groaned. I wanted to practice more. I needed to. But I couldn't. It would only make things worse. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moments later, my mom came into my room with a mug in one hand and a tube of cream in another. She gently placed the mug on my bedside table and squeezed the tube, making some cream come out of it. She moved her hand to my shin but I held on to her wrist, making her stop. 'Its okay Mom, I can do it on my own.'I said. She removed my hand and said,' You need all the rest you can get for today. Let me do it hun.' I smiled. 'Alright Mom, if you say so...' I said. I allowed her to rub the cream on my legs while I grabbed the mug from the bedside table and drank the lemongrass tea. The tea was brewed perfectly and it made my throat feel better almost instantly. I soon fell asleep. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Waking up to the sunlight in my eyes, I sat up and grunted. Then it struck me. Today was the first day of my training. It was also the day of my first evaluation. Even though I haven't started training yet, I would need to show the instructors what I can do so that they will know what to teach me. This is also to see how much initiative I have to train on my own. I rubbed my 'crust' filled eyes and stifled a yawn. Looking out the window, I found that it was still dark outside. My gaze moved towards the digital clock I had on my table. 5.30am. 'I hate waking up in the morning,' I muttered to myself. I realized that even though it was feeling better, my throat hadn't fully recovered yet and that if I tried singing, my voice would still sound bad. I sighed and stood up. My legs wobbled a little and I lost my balance. I fell forward and landed on my face, crushing my nose. I got up and rubbed it. It felt all numb. I hissed and continued walking towards the bathroom. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I closed the door and removed my clothes. I slowly stepped into the bathtub, careful not to slip and fall. After turning on the tap, I sat down on the bathtub floor, letting the warm water relax my body. Closing my eyes, I breathed in deeply and started rubbing against my limbs. I stood up, grabbed the soap, cleaned my body with it, rinse off the foam and stepped out of the bathtub. I wrapped a towel around my body and brushed my teeth. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made my way back to my bedroom and took out some clothes from my closet to wear. I chose a simple t-shirt and some exercise shorts. Grabbing my backpack that had my wallet, phone, earpieces and water bottle in it, I strolled out of the apartment, towards the YG building that was just across the road. I looked at my watch. 7.22am. It was still pretty early. Considering the fact that I only had to reach there at 8am. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CEO Yang had given me the pass to the YG building so I had no problem entering it. 'Ahhh~ Hanmi ssi!' Was the first thing I heard the moment I stepped into the practice room. I bowed politely to everyone in the room and introduced myself. 'Annyeonghasaeyo! Hanmi imnida! I'm the new trainee! It's a pleasure to meet all of you! Please take good care of me.' They soon stood up and introduced themselves too. Apparently most of them were dancers and those who were not, were trainers. CEO Yang hadn't arrived yet and so hadn't HE. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I set my bag down on an empty space on the bench and begin warming up. I stretched my arms,legs and back to make sure that I wouldn't  get hurt in the process of the evaluation. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just as I picked up my water bottle, the door to the practice room clicked open and in came CEO Yang. I immediately bowed down ninety-degrees to him. 'Annyeonghasaeyo sajangnim!' I said. He looked at me and smiled. 'So shall we begi-'CEO Yang started but was interrupted when the door clicked open again. 'Ahhh... You're here!' CEO Yang said, head turned towards the direction of the door. 
 
 
This is chapter 2~ Who is he? Comment and subscribe please~