Hallucinations

Bedtime Stories

3. Hallucinations

I've been into reading a a lot of creepypasta lately and there haven't been any serious problems. Just slight paranoia and fear of the ark, for a couple of days that was fine, staying in the middle of the bed during the night, cuddling up to my elmo teddy. Okay. But last night however, nearly caused me to have a premature heart attack. I was up until 10:45 at night reading creepypasta stories (mainly about dreams and sleep) like normal, when I heard a sound, the sound of scraping metal. Needless to say I was scared, come on, who wouldn't be after reading horribly scary stories at night? I didn't think it was the neighbours being noisy, because it was so late and they'd normally be in bed by then, and the rabbits in the garden were outta the question because they simply could not make the sound I was hearing (plus they were in their hutches). So I lay there in silence, my mum snoring next to me (I slept in my mum's room for previous reasons), when I heard it again, it was frequent, on after another...

Scrape scrape scrape

Scrape scrape scrape

I was a teensy bit terrified, so I shook my mother awake and asked if she could hear it too. Thankfully she did. but in her groggy state, she wrote it off as the neighbours making noise. Mothers know best, so I begrudgingly shed my doubt and believed her. The noise continued for about ten more minutes, the longest ten minutes of my life, but to my relief it stopped. I was glad, I stopped reading creepypasta and started to read fluffy fanfiction. I didn't want to scare my self further than I already was. I was on chapter 7 and trying to forget the pasta I read twenty minutes ago, when I heard tapping on the window, coming from outside. 

The creepypasta paranoia I just managed to get rid of came back in a flood of fear and I froze. I hugged tighter to my elmo and tried to ignore it, but as I ignored the sound, it got a little louder. My mother was tossing and turning beside me so I locked my phone and put it on the nightstand. I let my elmo out of the death grip I had on his throat and just cuddled him, trying hard to ignore the sound.

I then successfully fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

When I confronted my mother about the sounds in the morning and she said she only lied to get me to get to sleep.

Creepy pasta doesn't give me nightmares. Just paranoia, a fear of the dark...

And hallucinations.

                                                      

Based of a true story~