CH4

The Best Friend Zone

(Hani)

 

“what?” I asked all confused

 

“don’t what us, you know what we’re talking about…” Luhan said

 

“really… really… not. Do you think I’d give you this look if I knew?” I said and arched an eyebrow

 

“we saw Chen with another girl.” Sehun deadpanned.

 

Oh… that…

 

“who’s Chen?” Baek asked

 

“no one.” I replied

 

“he’s her best friend and she’s madly in love with him.” Luhan replied and I gave him a death glare.

 

WAY TO SELL ME OUT LUHAN.

 

“are you serious!?” Chanyeol yelled so loud everyone turned to look at us.

 

“sorry!” he yelled again and everyone went back to their usual business. I sighed and propped my elbow on the table.

 

“so… where’d they go?” I asked

 

“they went out right before you came in.” Luhan said and he’s again giving me those sad eyes.

 

STOP THAT LUHAN!!! YOUR EYES ARE VERY DISTRACTING!!!

 

“don’t look at me like that Luhan. I’m sure you both saw how happy he is with her. He’ll be fine.” I said

 

“but will you be?” Sehun asked and I froze

 

“you can’t keep this up Hani. Sooner or later, Chen will ask that girl out. They’ll be together and where will you be??” Luhan asked

 

I don’t know. I’ll be behind their shadows. Loving him secretly and supporting him all the way even if it hurts. What can I do? I’m not the one he likes. And he will never learn to love me like the way I love him.

 

“they’re already going out.” I said and Luhan’s eyes were like saucers

 

“WHAT!?!? WHEN!?!? WHERE!?!? HOW??!!” he yelled, again, everyone looked at us.

 

Sehun gave them an icy stare and they all turned away.

 

“yeah, on Saturday, to Lotte World. Because Chen asked her out. He even asked if I wanted to come that moron.” I said and Luhan sighed

 

“what did you tell him?” Chanyeol asked

 

“I said I had something to do with my brother so I can’t” I replied

 

“but Jinki sunbae leaves every Saturday with his friends right?” Luhan asked and everyone just stared at me.

 

“I know!!” ChanBaek yelled in unison.

 

“let’s go to our place this Saturday!! We can have fun on our own. We can play games, watch movies… etc.” Chanyeol said

 

As much as I appreciate his offer… I really don’t wanna do anything on Saturday.

 

“thanks Chanyeol but no thanks.” I gave a small smile, he looked at me with worried eyes and so did the others but I just pretended not to notice.

 

--

 

“here. Sorry for leaving you there.” Chen said and handed me the paper.

 

“it’s okay. She got hungry.” I faked a smile but he saw right through it.

 

“I’m really sorry Honeybee. It’s just…”

 

“I get it man. You like her, that’s why you’d do everything to impress her. It’s fine.” I smiled again even if my tears were threatening to spill any moment now.

 

I placed the paper in my bag and slung it on my shoulder, class was over and I didn’t even look or speak to Chen all throughout the last classes. I just couldn’t.

 

“Honeybee…” he called and hugged me

 

My heart started to beat frantically, I felt heat rush to my cheeks. DAMN YOU D:

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I know you’re mad at me. I’m sorry. Really, really sorry.” He said and buried his head on my shoulder.

 

-insert long deep sigh of exasperation here- how can I even begin to be mad at you??

 

Sure I am annoyed… but I can’t stay annoyed at you for so long….

 

That’s how much I love you Kim Jongdae…

 

“Honeybee?” he asked once more when I wasn’t saying anything.

 

“It’s okay you big baby. I understand. I’m not mad. Maybe at first but now I’m not.” I said and patted his arms that were wrapped around my waist.

 

“really??” he asked and I nodded

 

“promise??” he asked again

 

“promise.” I replied

 

“swear??” he asked and I rolled my eyes before elbowing him on the stomach.

 

“OW!!!” he whined

 

“want me to get really annoyed??” I asked

 

“andwae!! I was just kidding!!!” he said and waved his hands in front of my face.

 

Such a cutie.

 

--

 

The days passed by in a flash, and it was Saturday.

 

I didn’t bother get up for breakfast, Jinki left about an hour ago and here I am, still in my room. Face first on the mattress.

 

A few seconds later and I started to do some chores. Even if we’re a bit high-end, Jinki and I prefer to live without helpers much to our father’s protests.

 

I did the laundry, washed the dishes after I ate and cleaned the house and my room.  I was making the report when I heard knocking on the door.

 

Who the hell??

 

I went down and opened the door, not bothering to look in the peep hole.

 

I was then crushed into a bear hug and I fell first on the floor.

 

“HANI!!“ the sweet deer voice I know rang in my ears.

 

“LUHAN!?!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?” I asked in disbelief and Sehun helped me up.

 

WHAT THE----

 

“we can’t get you out of our heads so we just HAD to visit you!!” Baekhyun yelled from the door.

 

ARE THEY SERIOUS??? THEY WENT HERE JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE WORRIED ABOUT ME???

 

“guys, you don’t have to worry I’m fine.” I said

 

“we know you’re not. So get dressed and we’re leaving!!” Luhan yelled

 

“and where are we going??” I asked with an arched eyebrow

 

“BOWLING!!!” they all yelled (except for Sehun)

 

--

 

“STRIKE!!! AGAIN!!! You guys !!” I yelled, ChanBaek pouted, Luhan whined  and Sehun just rolled his eyes.

 

“you’re good at this!! No fair!!” Luhan said and I laughed.

 

Of course I am good at this. Chen and I used to play here all the time back when we were young---er. I was 14 then I think…

 

Speaking of Chen… I wonder how his date is going??

 

“HA!!! GUTTER BALL!!!” Chanyeol said and that’s when I noticed I had rolled the ball in the wrong direction…

 

AISH!!!! DON’T THINK ABOUT HIM RIGHT NOW HANI!!!

 

--

 

“It was fun you guys, thanks.” I smiled and Luhan suddenly hugged me.

 

“we’ll always be here for you Hani. Don’t forget that okay??” he said and I nodded before hugging him back.

 

“I’ll see you at school.” I said and waved before they drove away in Sehun’s car.

 

Today was really fun, being with those four made me forget about things.

 

I sighed as I went in my room and plopped on my bed.

 

Even if I did forget… it’s still there… I wonder what happened with their “date” ?

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

FAST UPDATE AGAIN? YES >:D