It started with Good Morning, and ended with Goodbye.

Last Words

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It started with Good Morning, and ended with Goodbye.

 

When I opened my eyes, I was blinded by the sunlight. My eyes squinted as they tried to look around, so I would know where I was. All I heard was, ‘She’s awake!’ ‘Hyung, be quiet!’ ‘You’re going to scare her!’ ‘You idiots shut the hell up!’

All of their voices were familiar, voices any fan would recognise like the back of their hands. It was none other than EXO. I tried to get up, but they all stopped me, “NO DON’T GET UP YET!” They exclaimed. Like every other normal girl, of course I was shocked. But I sat up anyways. My eyes moved from one member to another, having a confused look on my face.

“You might not be feeling well yet,” Kris stated, and then turned his headx to EXO, “Where’s that deer and the soup?!” He shouted to s. I accidently stifled a laugh, and they all looked at me. That laugh was caused by the fact that Kris sounded so sincere to me, and then he sounded so mean to s. 

So that's what you say about me, you dragon. Luhan thought, narrowing his eyes at the book as he thought of Kris' attitude in that scene.

“Uhmmm…” They couldn’t say another word and an awkward silence engulfed us. Only the sounds of birds chirping could be heard until I decided to speak, “Uhm, I should get going. So you can go to your schedules or something,” I said before getting the blanket off me.

“What? But you’re still sick,” Xiumin said, “You can stay here until you get better.”

“Yeah!” Sehun exclaimed, “We don’t have any schedules today anyway,” He continued, “Not after what happened after the fansign event last night. The managers cancelled all our schedules.”

“Oh but-”

“Good morning!” I heard Luhan chime from the doorframe of the room, whoever owns that room. My heart started racing once more. That was when I noticed they were all in their pyjamas, and they looked more charming. Especially Luhan. He was wearing a white shirt and baby blue striped pyjamas, “I brought the soup!” He sounded like a child, to be quite honest, “What was all that yelling I heard from the kitchen?” He asked, slowly walking towards us as he held onto the tray with the soup on it.

“She wants to leave already, hyung,” Kai whined. Luhan was looking at Kai when he was speaking, but then after what he had said, Luhan’s eyes shifted to me.

“But I brought soup…” he said in a child’s tone as he lifted the tray higher, “You should still stay for a while. The sasaengs would also be around this time of day,” he said, putting the tray down carefully on the bed.

I remember you getting a bit mad at me after knowing that was an excuse. He chuckled and then continued reading, but s had interrupted him. 

"Hyung, time for dinner," Sehun called after he knocked on the door and opened it, "We have meat."

Luhan knew that if he told them he didn't have an appetite, they'd bring up Hyunmi again, so he got up and went to the dining room... with the book. They all looked at him as he sat down, his thumb acting as a mark of the page he was reading. He sat down and then waited until everything was served onto his plate; as he waited, his eyes were glued on the book.

"Seems like Luhan-hyung got hooked into the book as well," Baekhyun commented as he stared at him in awe, "He can't even hear us now."

"He has totally blocked us out," Xiumin commented, already munching on his food set in front of him, "Let him be."

"But you know... the book is really detailed," Kyungsoo stated, looking in space as if he was thinking, "Too detailed... 'The Girl Who Never Grew Up' sounds as if she was writing as the real Hyunmi," he continued. 

"Maybe she's Hyunmi noona's friend," Kai argued, "We never know."

"Guys, let's not mention her name around Luhan," Kris interrupted, "We're lucky he can't hear us right now."

You idiots, all I've been doing is listening in closely. Luhan thought. How could you not recognise it's her when you know her just as much as I do? Is it not obvious enough, guys? Luhan directed his eyes back onto the book and tried to read but he just couldn't. Without closing the book, he put it upside down; still open on the page he was on and looked at s, "Let's eat."

They started eating and the two maknaes decided to quarrel once more, arguing about which of them sounded more childish in the book, or, in Luhan's mind, sounded the most childish in the book and in reality. He rolled his eyes and grabbed the book again. He read as he continued to eat.

“We’ll go eat our own breakfast, so you eat yours here,” Suho said with an angelic smile. The rest of them stood up and headed for the door, with Luhan following behind.

“Wait!” I shouted before they could all exit, “Can I just ask? How did… I get here?”

“One of us carried you,” Chen replied, and the rest of them headed outside.

“Who?” I asked.

Luhan, the one who was last to leave the room, looked back before fully leaving, “Me,” he smiled a little and then fully exited the room.

My eyes widened a little bit and then they started batting continuously as a result of not knowing what else to do. My eyes drifted to the soup laid on the bed. I might as well do what they say. I thought.

I reached for the tray, being careful not to make too much movement so that the soup wouldn’t spill and make a mess on the bed. No, I didn’t want that. I stared at the tray, and then the soup, and then the spoon. My hand made its way for the spoon and lifted it, preparing to dip it into the bowl of soup.

When it did, I still hesitated to taste it. It took me a few seconds before I had decided to try the soup. I had a spoonful. And then another. And another, until the soup was all finished.

You seemed like you were enjoying it, to be honest. Luhan said in his thoughts. He remembered how he didn't fully close the door of the room before he exited and he peeked at her. When the members noticed, they also joined him and watched if she even touched the soup. Smiles crept onto their faces when they saw her lift up the spoon and started eating the soup.

I put the bowl back down, and as if on cue, the boys entered.

“Did you like the soup?” They asked.

I nodded shyly, “Who made it?”

“Believe it or not, Luhan hyung did,” Sehun stated, sitting down on the edge of the bed. I gave Luhan a look and he avoided my gaze. I thought the soup was just bought but it turns out an EXO member made it.

I turned back to look at the other members and said nothing.

It was silent again; no one was uttering a word. “I really should get going,” I broke the silence and tried to get up.

“But-” They couldn’t say another thing; I guess you can say they didn’t know how to stop me and get me to stay.

“Are you feeling better, though? You might still be sick.”

Good excuse, Xiumin.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Luhan bursted out laughing. He even dropped his spoon and chopsticks to clutch his stomach. s gave him weird confused looks with raised eyebrows. He looked at Xiumin as he laughed, "She so totally knew you were lying!"

They raised their brows even more, "What?"

Luhan showed them the book, "In here," he said, "It was that part when you made an excuse to Hyunmi."

"Oh... at the start," They replied as they nodded, "You were so totally caught, hyung," they commented as Xiumin bowed his head down in shame.

“I’m much better than last night,” I replied with a slight smile, “Thanks for what you’ve done.”

“Don’t mention it,” Chen stated, “But we really wish you could stay longer,” he ended his sentence with a slight pout which I found really adorable.

“Why?” I asked, curious, “Am I not a bother?”

“Of course not,” Suho replied, “We just want to know more about you.”

I sighed, “I’m a girl whose aunt has errands for,” I replied with a smile, “She’ll get really cranky, especially because I didn’t go home last night,” I stood up, the boys in my way moving out of the way so I can get off the bed.

I found my bag lying on another bed in that room, so I went towards it, carried it and looked at the boys. I waited for one of them to lead me out, and Chanyeol took the initiative. He led me out and the rest of EXO followed me outside.

I turned around and hung my bag on my shoulder. I flashed a smile, “Thanks for taking care of me,” I did a small bow. Luhan pushed through s and made his way to the front, “Bye,” I said.

“Goodbye.”

But that wasn't really goodbye, was it, Hyunmi? Luhan's lips curved into a smile as he finished the chapter. But it soon turned into a frown. Because the real goodbye comes later on in our story, right?