Silly selcas, really? Well, so totally worth it.

Last Words

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silly selcas, really? Well, so totally worth it.

 

Upon arriving home, my aunt had rushed to me, asking what had happened, why I didn’t call the previous night.

“I called your phone last night, but boys answered it,” My eyes widened at what Auntie had just said, “But they assured me you were okay, so I trusted them. They sounded nice too,” She continued, “But young lady, I have called your phone for about twenty times now, why weren’t you answering?!”

I tilted my head, “Auntie, I didn’t hear it,” I said as I rummaged through my bag to look for my phone.

“How many times did I tell you not to put your phone on silent?” She asked in a concerned tone, “I get worried when you don’t answer your phone. Especially because you’re new to Seoul,” She said, watching me go through every single thing in my bag.

“Aniyo, I’m sure I didn’t put it on silent,” I replied, now emptying my bag on the ground, “It’s not here,” I said, heaving out a sigh. I must have left it at EXO’s dorm.  I sighed again, How could I have left it there?

I'll give you a hint, Luhan thought, we stole it, of course.

“Maybe those boys have it,” Auntie replied.

“I guess so.”

“Get it back as soon as possible, Hyunmi-ah,” Auntie told me, “You need it when you go around Seoul. I don’t want anything happening to you and then not being able to call me for help.”

“I will, Auntie,” I replied and then put everything back into my bag. Auntie had gone back to the kitchen and I headed upstairs. It’s funny because I’ve been here for over a semester and she still says I’m new to Seoul.

 I walked through the tiny hallway and walked inside the room to the right. The door opposite my room’s opened and Hyunjae, my sister, came out, brightened to see me.

Come to think of it... how does your sister look like? You never introduced her to us.

“Unnie!” She exclaimed, “You’re safe! You really had me and Auntie worried last night!”

“I know, Hyunjae,” I replied, “I’m sorry. Something came up.”

“I told you that you shouldn’t have gone to that fansign,” She scolded me, “As much as I wanted the albums signed, I care more about your health, unnie.”

You should listen to her more often, Hyunmi.

“Okay, Hyunjae-ah, okay.”

“Omma and Appa won’t be too happy about this,” She told me, poking her tongue out at me.

“They don’t have to know.”

“Not unless you give me the signed album,” This cheeky girl.

“I don’t have it signed,” I told her and her shoulders then deflated. Wow, that was my reaction too, “The line was too long.”

I know this is wrong, but I was thankful it was too long. I would've never have met you if it weren't because of that.

“Arasso, unnie, arasso,” She said, and then patted my shoulder, “Go rest, unnie,” she then started to walk away but she added, “Chunhei called… she sounds pissed. You’re screwed, unnie.”

I let out a groan as I entered my room and my sister walked away laughing evilly. My pain is her entertainment, really. I went for the home phone and dialled Chunhei’s number. When she picked up, well…

“YAH, PARK HYUNMI!” Chunhei exclaimed over the line. I even had to move the phone away, “YOUNG LADY, WHY WEREN’T YOU ANSWERING YOUR PHONE?! WHY DID BOYS ANSWER YOUR PHONE?! ARE YOU WITH SOMEONE?! LADY, EXPLAIN!”

Ahhh, yes... The legendary Chunhei. I swear, she's always too loud.

“Chunhei…” I called her name, “I WOULD EXPLAIN IF YOU’D LET ME. CALM THE HECK DOWN, WOMAN!”

After some explaining, it was silent on the other side, “Uhhh… Chunhei?” She wasn’t answering.

“You mean to say…” She finally replied, “EXO took you home?!”

“Uhm, not- yes…” I finally gave up when I realized that there was no way out of this, “But only because they needed to. I passed out, so it’s just right. I mean, you have to be thankful they didn’t just leave me out there.”

“You shouldn’t even be out there in the first place,” Chunhei argued, “You’re sick and you went to the fansign? Pabo, Hyunmi, pabo.”

“I know. I was just desperate.”

We had a small conversation before Chunhei reminded me that we have class in a few minutes, so I had to get ready and rushed to Seoul University. With the year almost ending and having been sick for a few days and missing out on so many Italian classes, I couldn’t afford to slack off.

Once I entered our classroom, our teacher ‘Ms. Innocenti’ – Italian for innocent – greeted me and told me she was relieved I came back already and that I got better. After a few minutes, more and more of our classmates arrived and rushed to their seats and then she initiated the class.

Minutes passed by so quickly and I was so busy taking down notes about a better way of understanding subjunctive Italian verbs to even notice that the class had almost reached its end.

When the bell rang, everyone rushed outside and it felt as if there was a stampede. I was just about to exit the room when Ms Innocenti – or ‘Signora Innocenti’ as she liked to be called – stopped and had told me to go to her.

Signora handed me something… my phone. I looked up to her in confusion as to why she would have possession of my phone, “A few boys gave it to me when I was on the way to class. Said I should give it to you as you left it with them,” Signora stated as she carried her folders and led me outside.

I bid her a polite goodbye in Italian and then went on my way. I immediately checked the contents of my phone. My wallpapers didn’t seem to change, my notes were still there and my applications were still complete. I then checked my photos and my eyes almost escaped their sockets when I saw the number of photos saved on my Camera Roll.

There were at least a thousand photos saved and it was originally only five hundred – pictures of sceneries and selcas I took with my best friends. I looked at the photos and holy crap somebody hold me. Those boys took five hundred selcas of themselves being silly. My gallery is filled with silly selcas of the EXO members. I knew I was so totally screwed at the time if a sasaeng saw those photos.

Soft snickers were heard from my right, so I turned to see what was there. To my surprise, twelve guys wearing long coats, hats and glasses were standing right next to each other, obviously trying to hide from me.

I faced them and crossed my arms, “If you’re wanted criminals, you’d get caught so easily,” I stated, “Really? Is that the best disguise you can do?” My voice echoed through the place, but luckily I – or rather, we – was the only one there.

They finally sighed and removed their disguises, walked up to me and said, “We just had to,” Chen told me, “We had to return your phone, but we didn’t know where else to find you, so we went here.”

“How did you even find out I study here, you stalkers,” I joked. Surprisingly, I felt comfortable talking to them. My friends took months to get me to talk comfortably to them.

“Your friend… Chunhei… she kept calling,” Kyungsoo replied, “At first we didn’t want to because it’s your personal life, but after about fifty missed calls from that woman, we knew we had to answer.”

I stifled a laugh, “Fifty calls, are you serious?”

“Yes,” Sehun nodded, “We got so scared because my mother rages at me when I don’t answer my phone after she called me just five times.”

“Trust me,” I told them, “If you think mothers are scary when that happens, my friend is worse… and now… fifty missed calls… Still doesn’t explain how you knew where I study, though.”

“Easy,” Kai replied this time, “We asked her and she told us you study Italian with her and a few other friends here at Seoul U.”

I gave them a nod to show them I understood, “Why the disguise, though?”

“Are you kidding me?” Lay asked sarcastically, “With the number of sasaengs lurking around in pretty much every corner of the city, disguises are a necessity.”

“And pretty useless if you wear disguises but stay together as you walk in the streets,” I told them, “Twelve boys wearing disguises aren’t that hard to miss. It’s obvious it would be none other than EXO.”

“And that’s coming from a fan,” Xiumin said, “You actually made sense.”

After that chat, I bid goodbye because I told them I haven’t finished my errands for my aunt yet – not that it was just an excuse, Auntie really had some errands for me.

On the way home, I checked my phone and realized there was one more thing I didn’t check… my contacts.

I pressed on the application and my eyes widened immediately. What used to be about fifty contacts had now become sixty-two. I swear, those boys were really getting on my nerves. I checked each of their contacts and the pictures that they added to them were so whacky and… derpy.

I chuckled to myself… These boys, really.

I guess I was very lucky to have met them the previous night, but then again, as soon as the sasaengs find out, my life would become a living hell.

We didn't know what we were thinking. It didn't even come to our minds what the consequences would be, Hyunmi. Luhan thought. All I have to say is that it was so totally worth it stalking you, yet at the same time, we wished we didn't have.

"Hyung, your food is going to get cold," Sehun commented, having Luhan divert his eyes onto him. Then, his eyes scattered the whole dining room, only to witness Kyungsoo lifting up the tablewares and bringing them to the kitchen sink for washing. He was the only one remaining sitting down. "We know you want to read badly, but you still need to eat. What would noona say?"

"If you don't finish quickly, I will take that book away," Kyungsoo threatened, placing another set of plate and chopsticks onto the pile he was already carrying and balanced his way to the kitchen.

"You're meant to takeaway my food, not the book," Luhan replied.

"Yeah, well, which one's going to make you feel more miserable, hm? Losing your food, or your book?" The latter shouted from his spot as he began washing the dishes.

"Losing Hyunmi," Luhan responded in a straightforward tone.

Everyone paused what they were doing and all heads turned to him, "Hyung, too soon."

"How dare you, Luhan," Xiumin asked from the living room, clutching his chest as if to relieve it from an almost heart attack.

"Don't make comments like that. Even if it's a joke, it's not funny," Baekhyun stated, pouting at the older male.

Luhan scrunched his face at the sight, "You're acting like you're the ones who lost her," he told them.

"Luhan, stop it," Kris had that tone in his voice saying 'do not continue any further' as he looked directly into Luhan's eyes, "Stop it now. You're going to hurt yourself. That book is simply a work of fiction. Do not let it get to your head and take control over your emotions."

"It's..." Luhan muttered. His head bowed down and his mouth refused to utter another word, "it's..."

"It's what?"

"It's Hyunmi," and at the mention of her name, a secret teardrop fell down Luhan's cheeks.