Baekchen

EXO-drabbles

Most of Baekhyun's expression is hidden behind the large black sunglasses he chose to wear today, but Jongdae can practically hear the eyesmile in his voice as they walk through the airport. They're side by side, one of Baekhyun's arms resting lightly on Jongdae's back, and he couldn't have held back the smile splitting his face in two even if he wanted it. There are hundreds of screaming fangirls around them, cameras recording everywhere, flashes going off constantly. Jongdae couldn't care less. His full attention is on Baekhyun.

Their managers have warned them about acting too affectionate in public, and they had been scolded when pictures of their little shopping trip a few days ago had appeared online. Today, Jongdae doesn't offer neither his managers nor their fans any attention. He knows Baekhyun feels the same way. Today is their day.

It has been exactly a year since the day Jongdae confessed and Baekhyun asked him if he wanted to go out with him, the two of them talking at the same time. There had been a moment of awkward silence as they both realised what the other had said, before they had broken out into identical smiles. They'd snuck out that night, without anyone knowing, and gone on their first official date. Jongdae still remembers the feeling of Baekhyun's hand in his as they strolled through Seoul, keeping away from the brightly light, crowded streets, talking about anything and everything.  They are planning to repeat that experience tonight.

A sudden pinch to his lower back brings him back to the present. Turning to Baekhuyn, Jongdae can see him side-eyeing him even from behind his sunglasses.

"I swear, your thoughts are literally written on your face. Keep it up and everybody will know, and we won't be be able to go anywhere."

Despite the hash words, Baekhyun's tone is a mix of worry and affection and excitement. Jongdae gives him an apologetic smile and schools his face into a more normal expression. They walk the last few hundred meters to the car in silence, but it's not tense or awkward. Baekhyun's hand is still on the small of Jongdae's back, and they're still walking as close as possible without causing suspicion.

As soon as they enter the car, Baekhyun slips off his sunglasses and turns to Jongdae. They look at each other for a moment, matching grins on their faces, before someone else enters the car, and they automatically slip back into more neutral expressions, Baekhyun putting his sunglasses back on and Jongdae pulling his cap further down over his face. But they're both thinking the same thing, and they know it.

Soon.

Tonight.

 

 


 


A/N: Ugh, why do I keep doing this to myself? \T^T/  Another really bad drabble I just wanna delete and never pretend happened, but I don't think I'll be able to write a much better one even if start over, so whatever ><
It's a drabble, it doesn't have to be perfect, right? ;A;

Based off this picture:

 

(Edited 131201 because I absolutely hated the ending and couldn't live with myself the way it was. I'm slightly more satifsied now.)