Laychen II

EXO-drabbles

His heart is thundering in his chest like a hundred drummers high on sugar and caffein, and Jongdae can only hope Yixing doesn't hear it. He's tucked under the dancer's arm, shoulder pressing lightly into the side of his abdomen, trying his best to focus on the book lying open in Yixing's lap. But he can feel the heat radiating from the older male and if that's not distracting, Jongdae doesn't know what is.

He's had a small crush for Yixing for a while, only that he's starting to suspect it might not be just a crush or not a particularly small one, anyhow. The sound of Yixing's low voice in his ear correcting his pronounciation as he reads, is making it extremely difficult for Jongdae to keep his eyes -and mind- on the rows on neat little characters littering the page in front of him, and not straying to that oh-so-very-handsome face oh-so-very close to his own.

Taking a tiny break at the end of a sentence before starting a new one Jongdae finds his thoughts drifting, just for a moment, to Yixing's plump lips just above his head and how it would feel like to-

"Jongdae?"

Yixing interrupts his thoughts. He looks up at him, a little red. "Yeah?"

"You just said 'kiss me'."

Yixing's voice is soft, tone midly curious. Jongdae's face turns the color of a brilliant winter sunset. He stammers unintelligibly for several seconds before gathering himself. Almost.

"I was just, I mean, there wasn't, I didn't, it was, you were just so-" At that last part, Jongdae cuts himself of sharply, before starting over. "I mean, it wasn't anything, it doesn't, no, uhm, I mean-"

"You meant it," Yixing states calmly, confidently, and Jongdae is so flustered he nods without thinking. Then his brain catches up. Blushing profusely, he tries to move away from the brunette only to be stopped when Yixing gently craddles his face with both hands.

"It would be my pleasure," he smiles, and Jongdae is momentarily distracted by his dimple before Yixing leans closer.

The slight pressure on his lips causes his brain to stop working all together, and his eyes close almost without his permission.

The kiss is short and sweet. When the dancer pulls away, Jongdae's eyes flutter open again and looks straight into Yixing's.

"I really like you," he announces. It takes Jongdae's dazed brain a few moments before it registers the words. Then Jongdae is hugging Yixing, hiding his red face in the older's chest. 

"I really like you too," he mumbles. Still keeping his face hidden he misses Yixing's wide smile and sparkling eyes as he puts his arms around the singer.

The Chinese workbook lays forgotten on the floor.

 

 

 


A/N: I'm posting this before I get a chance to reread it later and regret everything and probably delete it or something. This was not what I was planning on writing, but I just happened across this Laychen-picture after a while:


which is kinda funny, because I've tried coming up with a 'story' to it before, but couldn't, and then this idea literally just jumped out and slapped me in the face. Seriously.

But anyway, this happened. Hope it's not as much of a mess as I think.