5

Smile Again, My Housekeeper.

 

Taehyun 'WINNER' - Tonight

 


Hua Jia Li.

Kris softens.  He stunned in his place while his gaze never changed from the grave. Today is his birthday and he chooses to come here instead to celebrate with wild party as he always did in years back.

Hua Jia Li.

The owner of name was changed his life for years ago.

“How are you honey?” Kris his dry lips. Bow and put the white roses, her favorite but he stops when his eyes catches a banquet of tulip lay there.

Kris frowned.

“Whose was coming here?  And tulip? Why tulip? I thought Jia Li hate tulip.”

 

Sara was coming home early than expected. She noticed the red velvet cake that she baked last night already inside the bin. Her heart feels empty. That guy never changed for once.  Act usual, she did cleaning the house and prepare dinner for Kris, even though that she pretty sure the guy is not coming tonight. Just in case.

Finished with all her jobs, Sara walks near the piano at the living room. She touches the white piano with her long fingers. She liked white. Everything in white. For her, white is pure. Innocent but beautiful.  That’s what she thought for long time ago. Before everything turned to black.

She sat on the bench and starts to press the keys.

Slowly she plays the old song. The song that composed by herself for someone. For his birthday. Only special for him.

 

 

 

Kris chose to come back home early. He has no intention to celebrate his birthday this even thought his friends was prepared a huge party for him. Kris just in time gets off from his car when his ears suddenly catch the beautiful melody from his house. The song itself enough to make him stunned in place. Maybe he just missed Jia Li too much, because of that he was illusion that the said girl was playing for him but the song keeps playing never stop.

 

“What are you doing here?” said Kris with a pout.

 

Kris slowly walks near the uncovered window. With shattered heart.

 

“To wish your birthday. What else?” She smiled with her expensive smiles.

“It was past twelve. Not my birthday anymore. You’re late.”

“No, you’re wrong. It’s not the end but it is a new beginning.”

“Whatever. So where is my present? At least you have something for me, right?” Kris tilted his head to peek if the girl has something in her hands but he just more disappointed when she showed her empty hands to him. “What?”

“You already have everything, so I don’t know what I should give you. Plus, I’m pretty sure my sister already gave your favorite gift.” She smiled.

“But, it’s not same. Both of you shouldn’t share same thing to give me. I want something different. Give me one!” Kris starts to whine like a child. Big child.

“Aww.. Yi Fan, it’s not cute for you to make that face.”

“Yahh!!”

She stop chuckled and held out her hands making Kris confused. “What? Now you want to hold my hands?” Kris smirked.

“No. Maybe I don’t have special gift for your birthday but I have my hands that can make you smiles like idiot.”

“Yah! No funny thing!  I warned you.”

She just ignored him and walks to the piano. “Better you record this, because the song just crossed my mind right now. No one hear it, and I also don’t know if the result will be better or not. I just play it.”

“Errm… okay. Let’s me be a judge. What’s the title?”

“Since it’s your birthday, I named it Happy Birthday to you.”

Kris narrowed his eyes, “As always, you never learnt to give a better title. But whatever let me hear it first.”

 

Kris widened. His body starts to shiver. He hopes his eyes seeing wrong person. He hopes he’s just dreaming. But from outside, he can clear see the person who playing with his precious piano is her.

 

“It’s beautiful.”

“Who? Me? Thank you!”

“No! That’s song. It’s fantastic. It’s the best gift that I received for my birthday.”

She just smiled.

“Happy Birthday, Yi Fan.”

“Thank you, Jia Li… and I love you too.”

 

 

She’s Sara, his annoying maid.

 

Kris's tears fall with mix feeling. The feeling that he thought will never feel again, was touch his lonely heart tonight. The feeling is same like that night.

* Tell me, it's impossible.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Stay strong, Yi Fan. I'm always right here for you even you can't see me. Happy birthday.