The First Confessions

The Last Orange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Joo Chan's POV*

Today is our first day of school as senior students. It's our last year as high school students though. 

I woke up as early as 6:30 am because our schedule will be distrubuted by 8 am. I don't wanna wait through a long line and just waste time. It's unnecessary.

Soon as I have finished dressing up, I hurried to get the last bus for the early morning. 

*phone rings*

It's Chen Oppa.

"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Ya! Joo Chan-shii, I've already got your permit and schedule. We're classmates once again! Isn't that great? You're going to sit next to a very handsome oppa for 10 months again. Haha." he said.

"Gomaweupsimnida Oppa. But I think you meant ugly eyh? Nahh just kidding. I'm on my way to school. Wait, you're usually late. aren't you? So what made you come to school this early? Do you have fever or something?" I laughed.

"Anieyo! For all I know, the market has its freshest oranges during early Monday mornings. That's why I woke up early so that I could buy a dozen." he answered.

"Yahh, Oppa, are those for me?" I said with a cute voice.

"Anie!" he said with fierce hesitation.

"Ohh. Keure." I muttered with a saddened voice.

"I'm just kidding Joo Chan-shii. Yah, I must be going now. A lot of students are arriving. Take care Joo Chan-shii. Oppa loves you! Annyeong! Take Care! See you!" he said with a very energetic voice. 

"Annyeong Oppa! Sara---" I answered. But good thing he already cut off the line. 

I was supposed to say Saranghae, not because I love him as a brother, but I love him more than that.

He was always there for me, though he's a bit of a troll. Sometimes he really pisses me off but I just can't resist such a sweet guy when he gets serious. Everytime I get sick, he'll always buy a dozen oranges for me. And I guess that's why I fell in love with oranges and him, too.

*FLASHBACK*

"Joo Chan-shii! Oppa's here with your fresh oranges!" yelled Chen.

Oh this Oppa sure has an irritating loud voice but a very sweet one.

"Oppa!~" I said weakly.

I've been suffering from fever for almost three days. I can't make myself any better coz' I always get exhausted from school. 

Chen Oppa said that resting myself would make me feel better that's why I didn't go to school today, for the sake of my recovery.

"OMO! You're still hot. Tck. Tck. Tck. Did you take a bath with the heater once again?" he asked jokingly.

"Anieyo! I really feel hot inside but cold outside Oppa. I don't know why I'm feeling like this." I said with a sad voice.

"Tsh. If you won't get better I'll bring you to the doctor. Joo Rin noona will surely kill me if you wouldn't get better." he said.

Joo Rin eonnie is my elder sister. She's also with eomma and appa back there in the States. I was alone left here in Seoul and they asked Chen Oppa to look for me and take care for me while they're away.

Two years from now I'll be joining them there, and I know it will really be difficult for me to bid goodbye to my bestfriend, Kim Jong Dae.

"Yah! Are you okay?! Do you want me to bring you to the doctor immediately?"

"Ah! Oppa! Mian~ I just thought of something. By the way, where are my oranges? Hmm."

"Here you go you lil' citrus brat." he said as he pinched my cheeks.

"Aww! I'm already sick and yet you still find time to pinch my cheeks eyh? Anyways, gomaweupsimnida for taking care of me Chen Oppa,." I said with a smile.

"Why are you so being dramatic Joo Chan-shii? I'm just obliged." he muttered.

"So does that mean you really don't care for me after all?" I said with a saddened voice.

"Yah! What's with the sad face? I'm just joking! Oppa loves you and will never get tired taking care of you. Arachi? Now, you rest and I'll peel those oranges for you." he said as he got the oranges and kissed me on my forehead.

I blushed and chuckled as he did that. Yet, I felt sleepiness within my eyes. I wrapped myself up with my blanket and went into my dreamland.

*CHEN's POV*

"Yaaah! Joo Chan-shii, here are you----" I yelled as I reached her bedroom.

I lowered my voice as I saw an angel fast asleep.

She really looks adorable even if there is tireness in her face due to her fever.

I placed the oranges on her side table. I sat beside her bed and stared at her face for some moment.

Whenever I get the chance to see this very calm face, I can't help it but my heart starts to throb so hard.

Then a very sincere wide smile comes from my mouth. Then my brain slowly processes everything.

I am indeed inlove with this citrus angel.

But how can I tell her? If I know she'll just avoid me? 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter