chapter 2

When Things Get Complicated
"Ama, how much longer?" asked Jamie as we drove to our new apartment that the company had got for our family.

"Un poquito màs," I replied to my youngest. I looked back to see that the other two were asleep which was reasonable because we had gotten to Korea pretty late. Jay was rubbing his eyes while yawning.

"Go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we get to where we're going to live now." I smiled reassuringly to him. I turned towards Luan who was driving us towards our new apartment.

Luan had decided to move with us to Korea because he had been nervous about how people here would react if they knew that I had three kids and was not married. It also didn't hurt that he was starting a new branch for his conglomerate company here in Korea. He had come two weeks earlier to set everything up for us.

"So how is the place where we are going to in?"

"Well since you are going to be leaving with me in my penthouse apartment. You pretty much know how amazing it is going to be. Oh and before I forget your 'wedding ring' is in the glove compartment and remember you are now Mrs. Cecilia Catarina Nguyen Sanchez. Don't forget that ok?" I rolled my eyes. That was part of the stupid plan Luan came up with to hide the fact that my kids were Jay's kids which didn't really make sense to me. I mean how many people in Korea would look at my kids and say 'Gee, your kids look just like that celebrity Jay Park?' or "Are they Jay Park's kids?".

I opened the glove compartment and got out the rings. I sighed and put on the rings I guess I'll just go with the flow.

Ama=mom Mexican dialect

un poquito màs=just a little more in Spanish