Chapter 16 : Creepy race

Monday Couple...or should we say everyday?

   " Okay guys, our team rented this whole block of hotel for our filming" PD Jo pointed at the newly constructed hotel which is not open for stays yet. " I think this place will be really challenging for the Running Man to do their mission, the facilities are fully filled and all of us will stay at the first floor." he clearly instructed again. "The room keys will be with PD Myeok, go prepare yourself and gather at the lobby two hours later for lunch. And for now, enjoy all you can." he told them again, with a creepy smile. Through that smile, the Running Man all knew the mission was going to be something surprising again. 

     "Wow! The room is really big!" Jihyo blanked out seeing staring at the huge hotel room she stepped in. They all, including the staff each got a very big and comfortable room. Since they rented it for two days, why not use it fully. She unpacked her things from the luggage and sat alone on the king sized bed. Her manager Unnie did not join her along as she has to take care of the new recruited artist at her company. 

*Ding dong*

    She was about to fall asleep at the fluffy bed when the door bell rang. Without hesitation, she casually open the door. "Oh! Jaesuk Oppa.." she bow down in respect upon seeing Jae Suk standing at her doorstep. "Jihyo yah,your manager is not here with you so if you need any help, ask from any of the Oppa or Kwang Soo alright?" he told her. "Ah~ Thank you Oppa...No worries!" she smiled, a little touched by the caring Oppa. "Gary's room is directly opposite of your room, Haha's room is beside..just disturb them whenever you want." he laughed at pat her head then walked away after hearing the staff calling his name, leaving Jihyo standing at the opened door. "Aish..how can he walk away like that.." she laughed at her Oppa and blankly stood there and look towards the direction Jae Suk ran to and see if he has got more to say. "Aigo.. my Mong Ji waiting for me?" surprisingly, Gary who said he was tired and needed some rest few hours back opened his door widely and laughed at her. "Ani..who wants to care about you." she jokingly back and laughed. "Stop lying you pabo...Why would you stand in front of my room door peeking then?" he reply her and walk towards her room. "I was talking to Jae Suk Oppa! Ah Stress!" she explained herself and imitated him. He casually pinched her cheeks and walk in. "Your room view is better.." he pouted and jumped on her fluffy bed. " Then we can exchange rooms, I don't mind. Why are you here huh? I thought you said you need rest." she chuckled at him while he look as peaceful as ever lying on the bed. " No..we don't need to exchange. I can sleep with you. And I am resting myself now...being with you is the most relaxing thing." he replied her with a peaceful smile. " Aish. Kang Gary.. you're always so....adorable!" she said and jumped on top of him. He is just too cute and she couldn't resist it.

    "Mr.Kang..Mr.Kang" she started squashing and squeezing his chubby cheeks while lying on top of him. While he just wrap his arm over her petite body and enjoy letting her girl plays his cheeks. "Mrs. Kang...Mrs.Kang" he replied her after her callings. "Mrs. Kang suits you well, just marry me already.." he effortlessly speaks his wish and smiled after his own sentence. " In your dreams Mr.Kang" she chuckled and rested her head in between his neck and shoulder. "You can't fall asleep now. We got to go to the lobby for lunch." Gary said while patting the almost falling asleep Jihyo on him. 


 

     "Everyone..finish eating?" PD Jo speaks to the loudspeaker while everyone shifted their attention to him. "Okay. I will start telling you guys what to do now." he said and smile. "Today..it's not an ordinary race..."

     With curiosity filled in the seven of the Running Man members, the race start. They were told that there will be people with bells tied on their legs chasing them and they just have to hide. "You can use the whole building, the last survival will be the winner." he said and started the race. "Yah..who will be catching us?" Jong Kook curiously asked while seven of them walk together. Everyone shrug their shoulders and started making noises. "Let's not separate.." Jae Suk worriedly said and they all nod.

   They walk up and down trying to find a best spot for all of them to hide but each spot to hide could either fit one or two person. Seven of them walk through the dark corridor on the 7th floor. The lights were all very dim except for the first floor where the jail for the loser was placed. "I got this creepy feeling...off the lights.." Haha instructed the VJs to off their camera's flashlight and moved closer to the strong and brave Jong Kook. 

*bell rings*

  "Yah yah..someone is coming!" Gary whisper-shout to the rest of them. They ran off in all directions to avoid getting caught. They were all separated due to the bell sound. "Ah where is this place." Ji Hyo worriedly asked the camera man filming her while he shrug his shoulder. She took out the rubber band in her pocket and tied up her hair which is in a mess after running. After tying her hair, she turn around and her VJ is gone. She is left alone at the dark and creepy place. 

*A creepy song played throughout the hotel building *

   "Ah! What is the PD planning to do again..some creepy episode?" she mumbled herself with a little fear. "Anyeonhasseyo Running Man..from now, no one will be with all of you. This is a ghostly race of death. No camera, no staffs, only You and I. Hide well. I will be finding for you.I will seek for you.." a mysterious voice started speaking after the song stop and it ended with a creepy laugh. 

"Min-Soo Hyung?!" Jae Suk startled and fell on the floor also left alone without his VJ in a store room.

"ANDWEEEEE..(No)" Kwang Soo shouted in fear at the rooftop of the building.

"I better hide..yah..this is creepy.." Haha move around and become panicky in one of the hotel room.

   They were all moving around the dark and scary building with scary stuffs hung around as an effect. " Wow.. looks like this is really a serious race.." Gary walk and ran into a room, planning to hide in the cupboard. " AHHH!" he screamed his lungs out and a woman in white and long black hair floated out from the cupboard. It took him awhile to realize it was one of the staffs disguise as a ghost. "This race is no joke.. I think the PD is going serious in training us.." he pat his own chest calming down his fast heartbeat. " I better find Ji Hyo.." he suddenly felt worried for her. He ran up and down avoiding the creepy bell sound to find where Ji Hyo could possibly hide. The more he explore the place, the creepier he finds it. The staffs prepared the place really well that they put all kinds of props around the building. Pool of red water on the floor as blood, wigs hanging around the ceiling, and also girl ghost strolling around the hotel. This makes him even more worried about Ji Hyo. He ran and ran until he found a small and hidden pathway near the emergency exit. That pathway is so narrow and dark that it seems like only people with thin and petite body could walk through it. He barely squeezes himself through the pathway and found himself in another empty and not furnished space. It looks more like an unwanted room. He slowly creep to a suspicious looking stack of boxes and peek his head behind it. 

   "AHHH!!" Gary shouted again when he sees a girl crouching on the floor with his hands covering her face. "Eh? Ji Hyo?" he calm himself and look at the girl closely in the dark room. The figure look a lot like Ji Hyo. "Gary Oppa...?" she lifted her head. Indeed, it is Ji Hyo. "Oh! Ji Hyo yahh!" he immediately ran towards her a lifted up her face. "You alright? Are you afraid?" he asked her. "You're the one that made me scared. Jinjja..." she slightly pinch his arms. "This time the mission is quite scary...so I thought you would be afraid." he explained to her. "Looks like the PD are just training our hiding skills for better effect in the future episode." she replied.

"LEE KWANG SOO OUT,LEE KWANG SOO OUT"

    Suddenly,an announcement can be heard. "Ahh. This is getting really creepy..at least there is camera usually..now it does sounds like horror story."Gary panicked and hide behind the stack of boxes with Ji Hyo. "Oppa! Don't scare me. Its just normal race!" she hit his head. He finds it a little fun to make her scare and continued. "You know..when I came looking for you, I saw a lady in white..and her hair..." he tries to sound as scary as he could. "Hajima!(Stop it)" she place her hands on his mouth. " I will seriously get scared sometimes you know!" she pouted.

    One by one,the Running Man members were ousted and both of them,were safely hidden at the place. It was a long and tiring race. The fact that they couldn't simply run anywhere but have to hide in the same place for hours is even more tiring. Jihyo fell asleep on Gary's shoulder and the dark rises. It was already dinner time and yet the 'catcher' still couldn't find them.

"SONG JI HYO-SSI,KANG GARY-SSI..MISSION TIME END. PLEASE PROCEED TO THE LOBBY."

   The announcement was made again after an hour. The staffs were probably tired searching for them already. " Ji Hyo yah! We can leave now.." Gary wakes her up and they slowly move outside. They walk through the still, dark hallway towards the elevator.

* BELL SOUND REACHING.*

   "Oppa! The PD just fooled us out!" she was shocked and they quickly ran. Ji Hyo ran with Gary holding her hands in front of her. The bell sound was getting louder and she managed to turn her head behind while running to see who was it. What scared her the most is, a creepy man with a mask on and a black cloth was chasing them. The mask was really disgusting and it freak her out terribly. The worst part is, it looks a lot like a zombie which makes her even more afraid as she is always afraid of zombie. She fell on her knees and her legs lose strength. "Ji Hyo yah....!" Gary turn around and also saw the figure moving towards them. That man was about to drag Ji Hyo away, he pulled her leg with no mercy but Gary quickly stop him. The strong looking man then dragged Gary and they disappeared elsewhere, leaving Ji Hyo alone at the corridor. No matter how tough she is,this time she was really afraid. She sat at the long hallway by herself forlornly,still not able to move her trembling legs.The lights were on after few minutes.

"MISSION END. SONG JI HYO,SUCCESS"

She let out a sigh and barely pushed herself up to walk to her lobby. The elevator's door slide open and she could see everyone,and Kang Gary standing and clapping for her. They all look exhausted,probably that man was too strong to handle. Still in trauma, she forced out a smile to them. Not wanting them to worry. Her fake smile was noticed by Gary,and the straightfoward him quickly ask her. "Are you alright?" he gently asked her when they all gathered around her. "Oppaa.." she move towards him and hugged him, right infront of everyone. That moment,the Running Man members and the staffs probably all knew they were actually dating already. They promised to keep it as a secret and act as if nothing happened after that. The quickly gobbled up their dinner and Ji Hyo was given a trophy specially made for this event that says 'Best Running Man Survival'.


    "Thank You everyone for cooperating today. We will film the next episode of Running Man tomorrow morning. Today was a great test and a mission. Goodnight." PD Jo shouted through the loudspeaker and everyone started moving to their own rooms. "Gary yah.. take care of her tonight. Even us as mens are a little freaked out of what just happened, I bet she is a little shocked too." Jae Suk hinted Gary. "Arasso Hyung.." he smiled. Everyone moved in to their rooms and Gary quickly took his luggage from his room and move out to Ji Hyo's room, planning to accompany her. It's been long since he cuddle her into sleep anyway.

    "Ji hyo yahh.." he pressed the doorbell and immediately, Ji Hyo opened the door welcoming him. "Oppa..you will be with me tonight right?" she asked worriedly. "Yesss Mong Ji. Can't you see I even brought my things here." he said and moved in to her room. "Go take a bath first and sleep." he told her. "Oppa..you can stay here...but don't look okay." she said. He almost forgot the luxurious hotel room's toilet is only seperated with a glass.

 

He started blushing when he realize it. It is somehow like Ji Hyo is going to bath infront of him. "Kang Gary! Stop blushing !" Ji Hyo quickly slap his head and she too blushed heavily seeing him. "You either close your eyes or look up the ceiling." she quietly move to the bathroom while starring at Kang Gary. She slowly removed her clothes piece by piece while starring at him so he does not look. After removing all her clothes, she stepped in the shower stall and pulled the curtain closed. "Ahh!" Gary immediately let out his breath he was holding after hearing the curtain in the shower stall closed. He accidently took a glance at the bathroom and luckily she was still inside but he could see her shadow formed on the white curtain. He blushed again after seeing her slim figure.

"KANG GARY! YOU ERT!" he slapped himself.

[End of Chapter 16]

 


  Author's Note : Okay, an update after so long. I'm really sorry again guys. But hey, my finals is going to be over next week..which means. Endless updates! (Or maybe not) Hahaha. I'll update more by then :) Hopefully this chapter doesn't disappoint you guys?