Of Happy Viruses and Impending Challenge

Entering the World of Anima

Author’s Note: (Hye Eun/ Hui En is Red Writer’s OC.) Last boat to voyage before the storm breaks. – Red Writer

Recap:

“There, this one should be the right one.” He threw the glass away and it disappeared in the huge body of water.

“I wonder when my wielder will come.” He sighed, not noticing a scorpion slipping another glass to the water. It mirrored a person eating baozi.

***Beyond the Bridge***

A messenger was patrolling the moonlit seaside area. Upon scanning the area, he began to settle for the night. On his way back, he saw a mirror and a letter lying on the sand. He picked them up and ran to the palace.

“Royal advisor, the Dragon Temple sent a message.” He hands them to said advisor and bids him goodnight. The royal advisor nods as he read the letter. In a moment, he shouts.

“Hye Eun! I’m taking the chef with me on a trip. Your deer brother needs help.” As he finished that statement, he started cracking up. A scoff can be heard from the other room, and then the door opens. A young lady walks in. She wore white and peach colored clothing. Her black hair was pulled up by a hair pin; short red streaks framed her face.

“You’re leaving me in charge? Remember what happened last time.” She crossed her arms.

“I know, but there’s no one else who can. I’m going somewhere. Besides, it’s not like the kingdom is at war, right? Tao said no war’s going to happen for the next century.” Hye Eun mused for a few moments.

“Fine. But when gege comes back, I wasn’t here. It was bad enough I was kicked off the bed when I tried to apologize that time.” Hye Eun shudders at the memory. She left the royal room and a few minutes later, the sound of metal can be heard from the opposing room.

“Kyungsoo! We are leaving, my friend!” A head pokes behind the door, looking into the room. He was wearing a changshan.

“Where are we going, Chanyeol?”

“Why, we’re going to see his highness!”

“Do you know where he is?”

“Uh…” Chanyeol looked at the letter again.

“Give me that. It’s a map to the Land Village… Oh, he’s at Suho’s Inn.” He turned around and sees Chanyeol all packed up.

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s leave now! And, yes, I have packed your things too.” With that, Kyungsoo shook his head.

***Suho’s Inn***

Sehun P.O.V

The next morning, I woke up to the sun shining at my face. It was bright. I waved my hand, moving the curtains. I softly snoozed for a few minutes. But then, I felt the wind from the open window. Alright, Alright, I’m up. I stood up and wearing a white overcoat, I looked around the room. My eyes land on Luhan’s side of the room. He is under a huge layer of blankets that I can’t even tell if he’s still breathing. I moved closer to him, cautiously. Just then, Kai bursts into the room.

“Good morning, my beloved guests. Oh, wrong room. Top of the morning, Sehun!” He shouted at me. I looked from Kai to Luhan. He stirs but seems to be still asleep. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kai smirk. Suddenly understanding his motive, I stirred a strong wave and pushed him out of the room. Once he was out, I locked the door. When I turned around, I saw Kai about to sit on Luhan’s bed. He was still asleep. I couldn’t even understand how he can sleep through this. Before I could stop Kai from disturbing Luhan, it happened. Still sleeping, Luhan turned around, elbowed Kai’s side and pulled the blankets, making him drop to the floor. After the entire scene, I hear Luhan light snores. Kai rubbed his sore side and left the room. Chuckling to myself, I moved towards Luhan’s bed and sat down. To my surprise, he didn’t throw me off. He moved towards me and hugged my waist. I patted his head, my face heated up, even while knowing he was asleep. I slowly move away but his grip was really strong. I looked at his peaceful, sleeping face. Slowly melting my cold heart, I allowed myself to smile for the first time in years.

***Downstairs***

“Did you wake them up yet?” Suho asks Kai.

“I tried to wake up Luhan but I got bruised instead. Sehun was already up when I entered.” Kai said as he put an ice pack at his bruising side.

“It looks like we’ll have company by noon. Do whatever you feel like. I’ll handle everything.” Suho smiles as Kai just lies on the couch, groaning in pain every other minute.

***Time-Skip: Noon***

I didn’t even notice that I fell asleep. In a few minutes, I noticed that I was beneath warm covers and an arm was wrapped around me. It felt oddly comfortable and familiar. Turning my head, I saw Luhan’s smiling face.

“Good morning, Sehun.”

“Morning? It’s past noon.” I moved away from his hug and stood up. Luhan stares at me and nods.

“The color fits you well. It looks nice on you.” I stare at him and then I headed for the door.

“Let’s go. It’s time for lunch.” He nods. Moving the blankets aside, I saw his dark blue cloak. It was tattered.

“What happened to your cloak?”

“Oh, you don’t remember? We had a battle yesterday. I was surprised you suddenly attacked me.”

“What?”

“I’ll tell you about it at breakfast. Buy me something.”

“Well, there’s nothing here so get ready. We’ll go to town café and get some bubble tea.” He saw Luhan freeze for a second but it was gone as soon as it came.

“Sure, let’s go. Do you, perhaps, have an overcoat?” With that, we headed downstairs.

“Hyung, we’re going to town. I’m getting Luhan another cloak.” Suho looked at the pair, smiling as he saw them head out the door.

We left the inn and entered a café. It is good to come here at noon but it gets a little crowded. I noticed that a lot of people looked at me when I passed by with Luhan. It was all because of those fools. They challenged me when I was feeling the most irritated. Anyway, Luhan told me what happened. It’s funny ‘cause I don’t remember it happening. Everything is just weird with him. Who is he exactly and why does he make me feel this way? Everything seems messy since he came. In a deep thought, I didn’t see what happened. All I knew is Luhan is holding my hand as he follows a guy out. The stranger turns around and he points at Luhan.

“I challenge you to a Wielder’s Duel. Whoever wins gets to wield this anima!” He declares.