Aftermath 3

Photographs (past title is pictures)

Chanyeol cannot really understand why Baekhyun's ring is with him. As far as he knows, Baekhyun's ring was buried with him and now here it is, right in the palm of his hand. Chanyeol was horror stricken as he held the ring on his hands. It was already 2:00 in the morning and he is not yet sleeping. He was too focused on Baekhyun's ring. After hours of staring, his eyes felt droppy as they were tempted to sleep. Chanyeol didn't want to sleep because he was afraid of losing the ring. He thought that once he slept, Baekhyun's ring will not be with him.

Chanyeol finally drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up with sunlight grazing his face. Groaning, he stood up and stretched his arms. He saw all the compiled boxes around the room.

"I guess it's time to open them."

Baekhyun lazily opened the cabinet and took out a cutter. He walked towards the biggest box first for that is where his clothes are then followed by the medium-sized box then lastly, the smaller boxes. Baekhyun pranced around the room to fix his things. He folded his clothes and placed them inside an antique closet then compiled his books on one of the old shelves. It took him an hour or 2 to finish his room.

"Whew... what more if I fixed the living room?" He slowly went down with his bangs tied highly to avoid it from covering his face.

He cleaned the dusty living room that were left behind by the past owner of the house. He cleaned the kitchen right after by which he had no problem of cleaning. He saw the dull living room and the colorless kitchen.

"What should I do to you?" Baekhyun thought as he scanned both rooms. He walked upstairs towards his bedroom and it seems that he accidentally stumbled on a small box that he didn't notice earlier.

"What is this?" Baekhyun said as he rubbed his forehead.

Baekhyun opened the box and saw 3 things that looked awfully familiar.

A camera, a candle, and a teacup.

He looked at the teacup first. It had a cute carving of a flower on the side of the handle. A candle that was obviously used too much because it was at least 2 inches. Then lastly, the camera. He looked curiously at the camera as he turned it around.

"I never recalled buying a camera but I do know that I once owned a camera..." Baekhyun said as he opened the camera. "I guess it ain't bad to try this camera out." Baekhyun said as he stood up to change his clothes and take a stroll.

It was his 2nd week in the neighborhood. He decided to tour and enjoy himself as he used his bike to stroll around. He passed by a river bank first and took a picture of it.

"What a pretty river..." Baekhyun said as he took a picture of the crystal clear waters.

Later on, he passed by an old coffee shop. It was closed and looked very run down. Baekhyun can't help but feel sad that the shop was closed. He decided to take a picture of the shop as a memory. He became a lost a little while later as he passed by tall trees and bushes. Only small establishments surrounded the area. He stopped biking as he reached the wooden ledges and saw a white field.

"It's not snowing but... why is it that the field is white?!" Baekhyun looked at the field curiously as he took a photo.

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the boy in front of him as he tried to keep himself hidden. He followed Baekhyun as the moment he saw him biking along the river. With his bike, he followed Baekhyun towards to where the field is. He never really expected for this Baekhyun to discover the field he and the departed Baekhyun found. As Baekhyun turned around, Chanyeol saw the camera he was holding and he saw the camera Baekhyun owned. Unable to control himself anymore, He ran to Baekhyun and turned him around so that he can see the boy's face. With one swift movement, he swooped down to catch Baekhyun's lips.

Baekhyun was startled at the fast moving of events. One second he was looking at the photo he took and then suddenly he was being yanked by the guy who hugged him at the park. He was struggling at the man's hold around him but there is a small voice at the back of his head saying that he must stay and cherish the moment. He recognized the soft lips that touch his but not the owner. After a few seconds he saw a blurred image of a room full of photographs that hang on the walls. That is the only thing he saw but it made him feel scared yet excited. With all his strength, he pushed Chanyeol away and wiped his mouth.

"Who are you? W-what are you to me?" Baekhyun asked. He only felt a tinge of fear and confusion engulfed him. He wanted to know who this guy is and why he impacts him this much.

"B-Baekhyun... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." Chanyeol stuttered.

"ANSWER ME! WHO ARE YOU?!" Baekhyun shouted louder to overshadow Chanyeol's wavering voice.

Chanyeol looked down as he answered Baekhyun's question.

"Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol."