Aftermath

Photographs (past title is pictures)

Chanyeol took photography as his job after 3 years of Baekhyun's death. In this way, he can remember Baekhyun all the time. He never ceases to visit Baekhyun in the cemetery. He would bring a Baby's Breath to Baekhyun every time he visits. Chanyeol has his own studio right now because of hardwork and spectacular talent when it comes to photography. He lived a comfortable life until one day, it all changed.

 

Chanyeol walks around the cold neighborhood and visited all the places he went with Baekhyun. With a camera in his hand, he took each scenery and admired his work. He took a picture of the large tree Baekhyun wanted to picture. The large tree has withered leaves and the owner already died 3 months ago making the property unused. Later on, he went to the field Chanyeol promised Baekhyun to go to everyday. The field doesn't need the snow to look white for the flowers did it's job. The flowers were like the field's grass and it made the field wonderful. He went to the auditorium next but he can't take the picture of the auditorium since it was being closed. The auditorium was being renewed again. They will make the auditorium larger. Lastly, he went to the park where they started the theory of the stars. It was morning so Chanyeol decided to just go home and come back later at night where the view is great. The town where Chanyeol and Baekhyun lived changed a lot but Chanyeol didn't. He still had the photos Baekhyun took and all of it were still present on the walls. The candles they used as they kept their promises to one another were used by Chanyeol but Chanyeol never really used Baekhyun's candle but instead he only used his. Baekhyun's old camera was still with him, kept under his bed. Last but not the least was the ring they both shared. Chanyeol never took it off. It seems that it was already a part of his body that if he took it off he will lose a piece of himself. He will lose a piece of Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol returned to the park at 11:00. That was the time Chanyeol and Baekhyun went to see the stars. He went to the place where he and Baekhyun lied down and stare at the stars. He missed Baekhyun. He misses his best friend so much. He misses the best friend he loved and will always love. He stood up and decided to take a picture of the night. As he focused his camera on the scene, he shot and took a look at his photo. He expected it to be wonderful knowing that he always takes beautiful pictures. As he looked at his photo, he saw a blond, petite boy standing not so near him neither he is far. The petite boy looked at Chanyeol with shocked eyes as Chanyeol ran towards the boy to say sorry.

 

"I am so sorry for doing that. I wanted to take a picture of the park but it just so happens that you passed by." Chanyeol said as he rubbed his camera lenses without looking at the boy.

"No not really, I'm just surprised that someone took a picture of me. No big deal." The blond said.

 

Chanyeol was stunned. He knew this voice. He knows this accent and way of talking. Slowly looking up, he saw a familiar face right in front of him with a smile.

 

"B-Baekhyun?"

 

 

 

 


Continue or not?