Photographs

Photographs (past title is pictures)

Chanyeol went inside his cold apartment and the soft steps of his feet became the music of his silent-filled room. He sat on his bed and changed his black clothes into new ones since they were wet from the rain. After changing, he stood up and got a tape from his cabinet. With pictures in his hand, he walked around the room. He placed a picture on a certain spot on a wall. He stepped back a bit and stared at the picture he just posted. Later on, he looked at the other photographs that color his grey scale walls. He took one picture and admired it for a moment.

 

March 16,2012

This is where I met you.

 

The picture was a shabby coffee shop along the corner of the street where Chanyeol lived. Sadly, the shop was closed down weeks ago and had no hope of opening again. Chanyeol placed one of the pictures he had and placed it near the old picture.

"Channie, what are you staring at?" Baekhyun wrapped his small arms around Chanyeol's waist an looked at the picture Chanyeol was holding.

"That's where we met right?" Baekhyun smiled. "The shop is closed now? That's such a shame Channie..." Baekhyun's smile faltered as the moment he saw the new picture.

 Chanyeol slightly smiled then nodded at his lover's response.

 


 

Baekhyun was quietly sipping his caffeine during a cold winter morning. He was always like this. He likes to start the day with a coffee to help him relax his mind. He loves photographs. He loves to take pictures of scenarios and views that takes his breath away. He looked up and saw white fluff everywhere. It was morning and the snow decorated the cold streets. The snow complimented the sky's bright color and of course, Baekhyun took out his camera and took a picture. He expected great results so he looked at his picture and saw a tall man. He looked up from his camera and saw the tall man staring at him like he was a criminal. Baekhyun stood up and walked to the entrance of the coffee shop to talk to the man.

"I-I'm sorry but it's not what you think!" Baekhyun stuttered as he explained further. "I actually wanted to shot the scenery outside the window and it just so happens that you came walking by." Baekhyun bowed a multiple times but the man stopped him.

"Okay okay I understand. I am also sorry for ruining the scenery. " Chanyeol said as he also bowed down.

Neither did they know that they will meet a few more times after that. They saw one another with a bike on the riverbank. They even saw one another in the church. They saw one another on occasions that they don't really expect to be meeting but those occasions made them more closer and later on they found themselves as friends who had an unbreakable bond.

 


 

Chanyeol placed the picture back and looked for another photo.

 

April 08, 2012

The first time you heard my voice.

 

"My voice cracks that time Yeol..." Baekhyun said as he hid his face in Chanyeol's shoulder.

"It was very beautiful Baekhyun, trust me." Chanyeol said as he looked at a poorly angled picture of a stage with a red curtain behind it and a microphone present in the middle.

Chanyeol took out a fresh photo and it was actually a modernized stage with a screen projector on top of it. A large screen was at the back and no red curtains were present on the stage.

"I like the old stage Chanyeol... this one looks fake." Baekhyun said as he emitted a deep breath.

 


 

They were running away from an old man since Baekhyun wanted to take a picture of his tree that was inside the man's backyard. Baekhyun wanted a better view of his tree so he jumped over to the white fence and crawled towards the tree. Without Baekhyun knowing, the man came outside his house shouting "trespasser!". It resulted to Baekhyun and Chanyeol running away from the man and Baekhyun not being able to take the picture. They ran around and they reached a school auditorium.

"Baek, what did you find so great about the tree anyway?" Chanyeol asked as he tried to stable his breathing.

"It was large that's why I wanted to take a picture..." Baekhyun pouted.

"Where are we anyway?" Chanyeol looked around and saw rows of chairs and a stage in front.

"An auditorium?" Baekhyun said as he walked towards the stage.

Chanyeol had an idea.

"Do you know anything else besides photography Baek?" Chanyeol curiously asked.

"Well, I can say that I can sing." Baekhyun shyly replied.

"Sing for me Baek!" Chanyeol clapped then sat on one of the front row chairs.

"I don't know Chanyeol... It might crack from all the nervousness... It's been awhile since I last sang on a stage." Baekhyun said as he tried to convince Chanyeol.

"Then sing again Baekhyun. Take all your nervousness away and be confident. You can do this!" Chanyeol said as he clapped his hands once again and gave Baekhyun a boost.

After a few seconds, Baekhyun sang.

 

I do believe all the love you give

All of the things you do

Love you, love you

I'll keep you safe don't you worry

 

I wouldn't leave wanna keep you near

Cause I feel the same way too

Love you, love you

I want you to know that I'm with you

 

I will love you and love you and love you

Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you

I will please you, for all times

I don't wanna lose you and lose you and lose you

Cause I need you I need you I need you

So I want you to be my lady

You've got to understand my love... ohh oh ohh

 

You are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl

You are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl...

 

Even though Baekhyun's voice did crack a few times, Chanyeol disregarded it and found himself shedding a tear after hearing Baekhyun's voice.

 


 

Chanyeol placed the picture back to it's place along with the new photo and looked for another photo.

 

May 06, 2012

Our first date and my first birthday with you.

 

"I thought that date sounded more better than 'meet up' Yeol..." Baekhyun said as his were hands now clasped together with Chanyeol's.

The picture was a view of a feild with dry grass. The field was now surrounded by flowers called Baby's Breath. The white colored flowers were scattered nicely on the feild. Even though the flowers are small, the large quantity of it made them visible.

"I hope that you could see the feild now Baekhyun, it was very pretty compared to the last time." Chanyeol whispered as Baekhyun sadly smiled.

 


 

Baekhyun wanted to show Chanyeol a view he just found out. He actually saw this view when he was exploring the neighborhood. He wanted to share Chanyeol the happiness he felt as he saw the beautiful view. The feild has fresh grass and the sun added beauty to the place. It lightened up the whole place.

"Whoa! Baekhyun this is amazing! Look at the feild! I settled here 2 years ago and I never knew that such place existed!" Chanyeol said as he placed his arms on the ledge. Baekhyun took a picture of the feild and showed it to Chanyeol.

"In this way we won't be forgetting this place." Baekhyun laughed.

"What are you talking about Baekhyun? We could always visit this place!" Chanyeol said as he felt the nice breeze that caressed his face.

"Everyday Chanyeol?" Baekhyun smiled at his friend who was now facing him.

"Everyday. Consider that as my birthday gift to you Baek."

 

 


 

Chanyeol placed the 2 photographs back to their places as he once again looked for another picture.

 

June 14, 2012

Our first fight.

 

Chanyeol can't help but smile at the picture of a coffee being spilled over a picture.

"That is when we fought right?" Baekhyun chuckled. "You spilled coffee over my newly printed photos. Do you have any idea how angry I am?" Baekhyun playfully acted like he was angry at Chanyeol.

"Yeah Baekhyun... I'm really sorry for that. Here, I made better versions of those photos." Chanyeol said as he showed 3 vividly printed photos to Baekhyun.

 


 

They were at the old coffee shop where Baekhyun and Chanyeol met. Baekhyun was showing Chanyeol newly printed photos and Baekhyun gives each photo a definition. The photos were messily spread across the round table making the table obviously not capable to be put on. Just in time, Chanyeol's coffee came and he had no place to settle his coffee so he moved some photos away to provide some space and it seems that Baekhyun was too engrossed on explaining his pictures. As Chanyeol moved the photos, he actually didn't notice that the way he held his coffee was slanted and it made some coffee spill down on some of Baekhyun's photos. It's a good thing Chanyeol moved the photos or else most of the pictures are wet.

"CHANYEOL! MY PICTURES!" Baekhyun shreiked in terror as he saw his pictures getting wet.

"OH MY GOD BAEKKIE I'M SO SORRY!" Chanyeol just noticed that he accidentally spilled his coffee over Baekhyun's photos.

"You should be careful! Look what happened!" Baekhyun grabbed the now damp photos with their colors coming off a little as well. The pictures are newly printed that's why the colors were not fully absorbed by the paper.

"I will go and get a new one for you Baekhyun!" Chanyeol scrambled over to Baekhyun but he only received a cold shoulder.

"Baek?" Chanyeol tried to tak to Baekhyun but Baekhyun didn't reply.

After a few attempts on catching the brunette's attention, he left the cafe sadly but unknown to his eyes, Baekhyun took a photo of the spilled coffee and the damp pictures.

 


 

As Chanyeol placed back the 4th picture he looked at, Baekhyun walked towards him and showed him a picture of a c.d.

 

September 09,2012

Our first kiss.

 

"You're very cheesy Baekhyun." Chanyeol said as he took the picture from Baekhyun's hand and laughed at his lover's attitude of being a romantic.

"Not as much as cheesy as you Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said as he snuggled his face in Chanyeol's chest. "You kissed me first!"

Both of them looked at the picture of scattered photos on a wooden floor.

 


 

 

Chanyeol gradually took Baekhyun's liking of photography. He even got himself his own camera just because of Baekhyun's influence. They were at Chanyeol's place now and both of them are busy explaining the details of their pictures. They have their photos scattered around the place.

"I think my photo has a better angle Channie..." Baekhyun said as he pointed at the side angle of the flower.

"I think top is better though. It shows how the flower alternates it's petals to give off a nice design." Chanyeol pointed at his own photo.

"Yah! Don't act like you know everything about photography! You only got yourself a camera a month ago!" Baekhyun let out a mean laugh like the one in the movies where the villain succeeds.

"At least I'm trying!" Chanyeol puffed his cheeks in annoyance.

"You're not trying hard enough~" Baekhyun said in a y tone.

This made Chanyeol move to the edge. Chanyeol stood up and he neared Baekhyun. Baekhyun stood up too as Chanyeol towered above him. Both of them stared at each other as if they are having a conversation between their eyes. The conversation was finished when Baekhyun ran around with Chanyeol chasing behind. Little did they know that they are stepping on their photos already. The photos are actually the cause of something awkward between them. As Baekhyun ran, he accidentally slipped because of the photos. Chanyeol was right behind him and caught him single handedly but he also slipped. Before falling, Chanyeol managed to flip Baekhyun so that his body will be the one to hit the floor. With a loud thud, Chanyeol fell with Baekhyun on top of him.

"Channie are you okay?!"

Chanyeol opened his eyes and saw Baekhyun's worried face only centimeters apart. He saw the soft, pink lips that invite him. Chanyeol can't help but lean forward and kiss the pretty lips. Baekhyun was surprised as he felt Chanyeol's lips touch his. He was rather surprised at himself more than the mere fact that Chanyeol was kissing him for he was not pulling back but instead he kissed Chanyeol back.

They decided to reminisce the moment for a while.

 


 

Baekhyun went to the other side of the room wherein the pictures are quite fresher than the last one's they looked at. The side was also filled with photos but not scenarios and other things but it was full of their pictures. Pictures of them eating together, holding hands by the riverbank, feeding one another, kissing each other's cheeks, all of the pictures were them. Those pictures indicate the time Chanyeol and Baekhyun fell for one another. Those little moments they had only made them fall for one another further but none of them had the courage to say for they are afraid of losing their blossomed friendship. They can't risk their friendship for love. Only then that they will realize that it will be the gravest mistake they will ever do in their entire lives.

 


 

Baekhyun pulled out a photo of stars. He showed it to Chanyeol while the latter looked away. Baekhyun smiled bitterly at his lover.

 

November 27, 2012

Today, we actually celebrated your birthday under the stars.

 


 

"What do you think of stars Baek?" Chanyeol asked as they lay on the soft grass.

"They are twinkling brightly Chanyeol." Baekhyun giggled.

"Give me a serious response Baek!" Chanyeol groaned.

"Well, I really like stars Chanyeol..." Baekhyun said as he stared at the dots in the night sky.

"Why?"

"They shine so bright so that we can see them Chanyeol. They are doing their best for us to notice them but then why do they twinkle? Why are they acting like they are turning off and on? Maybe it's because they want us to notice them and at the same time they don't because they are afraid for us to see them." Baekhyun smiled. He had thought of himself like the stars. He wanted Chanyeol to just notice his feelings but at the same time he was scared for losing his friendship with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol seems to be shocked by Baekhyun's reply so he decided to make the topic realistic.

"Stars are actually hot Baek, they have fire so that they can shine." Chanyeol said as a matter of fact. "Without fire there's no light. Just like me and you Baek, without me, where will you be?"

"I will be nothing Chanyeol, I will be nothing without you."

Baekhyun then pulled out his camera and took a picture of the night sky.

 

 


 

Chanyeol didn't look at Baekhyun as he returned the photo to the wall. Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol is hurting by the moment they recalled each fragment of their time together. 

 

March 16, 2013

This is when we promised that we will be together forever.

 

Baekhyun was shaking as he took a photo of a 2 candles and a plastic ring on each side. The first candle is taller than the second one. The second one has a fire that looks weak compared to the fire the first candle has. 

"We resemble the candles very much Yeol!" Baekhyun laughed. Little did he know that Chanyeol whispered something. 

"I know Baek, look at how the fire on my candle looks great while yours looks like it gonna come out any second."

"You still wore the ring Yeol..." Baekhyun took out Chanyeol's hand and examined it. Chanyeol didn't move his hand and he let Baekhyun moved it around. He had the urge to touch Baekhyun's face but he can't. Baekhyun placed their hands together and stared at the matching rings.

"Chanyeol, I will never put this ring off me. It is the only thing that connects us." Baekhyun kissed his ring as he also kissed Chanyeol's until he finally can't control his emotions. He let out hot tears along with Chanyeol's quiet sobbing.

 

 


 

"Happy Anniversary Channie! We've been together for a year now!" Baekhyun shouted as he hugged Chanyeol inside his room.

"I know Baek haha. Happy Anniversary!" Chanyeol said as he took out a small box.

"Yeol, what's that?" Baek said as he looked at the small box.

Chanyeol took out 2 plastic rings and took Baekhyun's hand and slipped a plastic ring on his ring finger. He also placed a plastic ring on his ring finger.

"I know it's not enough. It's not gold nor silver but I hope that you'll still wear it. I'm sorry for giving you such a cheap gift." Chanyeol said as he clasped their hands together.

"No Chanyeol, it's perfect. Even though it's fake, I will treasure this forever." Baekhyun said as he tried to hide his grin. 

After a few moments, they decided to spend the whole day in Chanyeol's room. As if they are in there on little world. 

"Ah! Chanyeol what's that?" Baekhyun said as he pointed candles on top of Chanyeol's shelf.

"Candles Baek. What about it?" 

Baekhyun stood up and went to the shelf to get 2 candles that are different in sizes. Baekhyun placed the candles on the floor and lit it up using matches. Hurriedly, he ran to the light switch making the room dark except for the candles that try to give the room light.

"What are you trying to do?" Chanyeol asked. He was confused why Baekhyun was using candles.

Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol but Chanyeol wasn't able to see since the room is dark. 

"Remember the stars Chanyeol? Look at these candles, they practically try to lit up the whole dark room. They are also giving us warmth. Without fire, we won't be able to see anything."

Chanyeol smiled at the things Baekhyun just said.

"This fire Baek, will always be present to give off light." Chanyeol said as he looked at Baekhyun's face in the poorly dimmed room.

"And this this light will always be the reason why fire exists." Baekhyun also looked at Chanyeols face.

"Promise me Baekhyun, that you will always be there for me and I will always be there for you."

Baekhyun smiled sadly at Chanyeol.

"Promise. I will be with you forever."

 

 


Chanyeol is crying as he looked at his ring finger. The tears kept on coming down his face as Baekhyun turned to hug him tightly. Chanyeol doesn't want to hug back for he doesn't want to know and feel that Baekhyun was not really there. Baekhyun was just a memory that existed inside the photos. That the Baekhyun right now was just a mere imagination, nothing more, nothing less. The reason why Chanyeol is wearing black is because he went to the cemetery to visit Baekhyun. Even under the freezing rain, Chanyeol still stood where Baekhyun's tombstone is.

 

 

Date: October 27, 2013

Time: 3:00 in the afternoon

 

A boy lied down on top of a hospital bed with a camera in his hands. Another boy was beside him, sobbing horribly and saying the words I love you all over and over again. The boy died in a sickness called Alzheimer's disease. The illness to cause the person forget easily about dates, time, and places. The boy suffered for a year and a half that is until an instant came wherein he had such massive headache and it seems that the boy could not take the pain that caused him to die.

 

 

The reason why Baekhyun takes pictures of everything because he forgets them easily. Later, by the end of the day, Baekhyun will look at his photo album and scan through the pictures. He also adds the dates and even writes down messages when these pictures are taken so that he'll remember.

 

Baekhyun lets go of Chanyeol and sadly smiled. He leaned in and kissed Chanyeol on the forehead, down to his nose, then to his cheeks, until it reaches his lips. It was only an imagination but Chanyeol felt that it was real. The sweet yet bitter kiss felt actually real. Chanyeol hated himself for not telling Baekhyun how much he loved him. How important Baekhyun is to him.

 

"Chanyeol, always remember that where ever I go, I will always have you here in my heart. Keep me in your heart too as well. Take care of those pictures like how you took care of me. It pains me to see you cry so please stop crying. One day, you will find someone better than me. Don't be afraid to love. I want you to be happy because I love you, I always have and I'll always will. I hope these pictures remind you of me. I hope these will remind you of our moments together. I love you Chanyeol, goodbye."

 

Without fire, there's no light. How about fire? What will happen to fire? Fire will have no reason to exist anymore for there is no light just like how Baekhyun is without Chanyeol and just like how Chanyeol is without Baekhyun. There will be no Baekhyun if Chanyeol doesn't exist and Chanyeol will have no reason to exist without Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 


 

I hope you like that guys :) Comment if you want to make this chaptered or not.

Dedicated to Baekyeol fans out there.