stranger 4

Changed

Preview for Stranger 4

 

 

“luhan, is that your name?”

“yes...”

naeun observed him as he sat on the window sill, his confidence deflated , and she could tell that he was sensitive. Vulnerable, even. He didn’t belong in this group of kids. It was crazy, but she almost felt protective of him.

“i’m Naeun. Son Naeun” she said, reaching out her hand and looking him in the eye.

He looked up, surprised, and his smile returned. He shook her hand firmly. A tingling sensation ran up her arms as she felt his smooth skin envelop her hand. She felt like she melted into him. He held her grip a second too long and she couldn’t help but smiling back.

 

***

The rest of the morning was a blur, and Naeun was hungry by the time she reached the cafeteria. She opened the double doors and was taken aback by enormous room, the incredible noise of what seemed like a thousand kids, all screaming. It was like entering a gymnasium. Except that every twenty feet there stood another security guard, in the aisles, watching carefully.

As usual , she had no idea where to go. She searched the huge room, and finally found a stack of trays. She took one, and entered what she thought was the food line.

“don’t you cut me, !”

Naeun turned and saw a large, overweight girl, half a foot taller than her, scowling down.

“i’m sorry, i didn’t know-“

“line’s back there!” snapped another girl, pointing with her thumb.

Naeun looked and saw that the line stretched back at least a hundred kids. It looked like twenty minute wait.

As she started heading to the back of the line, a kid on the line shoved another one, and he went flying in front of her, hitting the ground so hard. The first kid jumped on the top of the other and started punching him in the face.

The cafetaria erupted in a roar of excitement, as dozens of kids gathered around.

“FIGHT! FIGHT!”

Naeun took several  steps back, watching in horror at the violent scene at her feet. Four security guards finally come over and broke it up, separating the two bloody kids and carting them off. They didn’t seem to be in any hurry.

After Naeun finally got her food, she scanned the room, hoping for a sign of Luhan. But he was nowhere in sight.

She walked down the aisles, passing table after table, all packed with kids. There were few free seats, and the ones that were free didn’t seem that inviting, adjacent to large cliques of friends.

Finally, she took a seat at an empty table towards the back. There was just one kid at the far end of it, a short, frail chinese boy with braces, poorly dressed, who kept his head lowered and focused on his food.

She felt alone. She looked down and checked her phone. There were a few twitter mention from her friends from her last town. They wanted to know how she liked her new place. Somehow, she didn’t feel like answering. They felt so far away.

 

***

 

Sorry, its late update. this is only the preview for next chapter bcus i'm gonna make long chapter for Stranger 4. thanks guys for waiting and your comments. i'll post tomorrow, stay tuned~

 

ps: i'm so glad if i can meet and talk on my personal twitter ac @dewaayuI thanks~