stranger 3

Changed

 

“here”

Naeun turned.

In the last row, beside the window, a tall boy stood from his desk.

“sit” he said. “please”

The room quieted a bit as the others waited to see how she’d react. Naeun walked up to him. She tried not to look up into his eye-large, glowing brown eyes but she couldn’t help it.

He was gorgeous. He had smooth, olive skin, she couldn’t tell if he was white, chinesses or some combination but she had never seen such smooth and soft skin, complimenting a chiseled jaw line. His hair was short and brown and he was thin. There was something about him, something so out of place here. He seemed fragile. An artist, maybe.

It was unlike her to be smitten by a guy. She’d seen her friends have crushes, but she’d never really understood. Until now.

“where will you sit?” naeun asked

She tried to control her voice, but it didn’t sound convincing. She hoped he couldn’t hear how nervous she was.

He smiled wide, revealing perfect teeth.

“right over here” he said, and moved to the large window sill, just a few feet away.

Naeun looked at him and he returned her stare, their eyes fully locking. She told herself to look away but she couldn’t.

“thanks” she said, and was instantly mad at herself.

Thanks? That’s all you could manage? Thanks!?

“that’s right, Luhan!” yelled a voice. “give that nice white girl your seat!”

Laughter followed, and the noise in the room suddenly picked up again, as everyone ignored them once again. Naeun saw him lower his head, embarrassed.

“luhan?” she asked. “is that your name?”

 

***