Traitors

Love Still Goes On

I sigh as I close the door behind me. “Seems like Kai fell in love with this Zara girl,” I say, rolling my eyes. “What is with that girl and seducing all our good guys? First Taemanry, now-”

“I heard he quit,” Eun Mi interrupts me.

With a flick of my hand, I wave both her and her statement off. “Why? Because Zara brought him to the good side?”

“Zara found out he’s working with us and the Lucifer, so she fired him.”

I sigh. “What does that have to do with quitting?”

“And because he liked her so much, he decided to quit,” she shrugs her small shoulders.

“Don’t need wimps like him, anyway,” I say, crossing my arms.

“Wimps like who?” Taeyeon asks, walking in.

“Kai-why are you late?” I ask, turning to her.

She smiles as she removes and trashes her latex gloves. “Places.”

“You’re still watching Zara, aren’t you?”

“Yes,” I nod, pleased “and no.”

I stop. “What do you mean?”

Smiling again, she fluffs her hair. “I can have secrets, can’t I?” and walks past me out the door, her perfume wafting behind her.

With a quick sigh, I inhale some of the aroma and my eyes widen. Suddenly, everything clicks. “That b----.”

“What?” Eun Mi pokes her ignorantly innocent head out.

“She’s a traitor.”