Bad Boy

Love Still Goes On

Listening to: Bad Boy by BIG BANG

 

Taemin’s words sink in and I watch Zara walk back into the living room when my phone rings. “Yeobseyo?”

“Kai, so how’s the job going?” Hyoyeon asks, I hear her smirking.

“It’s fine.”

“Have you been able to get close enough to her? Have you found out anything?”

I shake my head. “No. But-”

“Well report back to us when you do. We’re counting on you, Kai!”

“I know, but-”

The dialtone rings in my ear and I end the call.

“Who were you talking to?” Zara asks, turning to me.

I shake my head and put my phone back into my pocket.

“Oh look, a drama’s on,” she says, happily jumping onto the couch. “Do you want to watch with me?”

I nod and go over to sit next to her. When she scoots over to me and rests her head on my shoulder, the truth stares me in the eyes. I don’t think I can do this anymore. I like her too much....

+++

I wake up the next day to see Taemin’s not back. “Ok?” I say, confusedly as I go to brush my teeth. After I finish brushing my teeth, I walk over to the kitchen when I notice the door open. “Tae-Kai? Why are you here so early? It’s 11,” I say, watching him.

“No reason,” he smiles.

I laugh slightly, nodding. “Oh wow,” I say, before starting to walk back to my room to change.

“Zara, do you want to go shopping today?”

I turn back to him. “Yeah...why?”

“Just wondering.”

“We’re going shopping?”

He nods.

“Wait for me,” I say, briskly running into my room to change. I walk back out a minute later and stand next to him. “I’m ready.”

“You look pretty,” he comments, smiling.

“Oh thanks,” I say, walking towards the door. “We should go now, though,” I say, trying to sound normal and not shaken up.

He nods and we go off into Cheongdam-dong, and shop for a pretty long time. And by we, I mean he just watched me shop and commented shyly. I mean, I tried to get him some stuff, but he would always say we should buy me stuff first. So I obliged.

“Thank you for shopping with us, please come again,” the lady smiles as she hands me my bags.

Kai starts to take them, but I take them instead. “Thank you,” I say, bowing slightly to her before we start to walk out of the store.

“Zara, can we...talk?” he says, biting his lip slightly.

I nod, a bit scared, but follow him over to a corner. “What happened?”

“I...I have no other way to say this...but I like you.”

---

And so we started going out, it’s been great. But then I started seeing Taemin less and less, to the fact where I would stop seeing him.

“I’ll meet you back home, ok?” I say, giving Kai a hug.

He nods and smiles as he starts to walk off.

“Yah, Taemin!” I run to catch up with him and when I do, I grab his shoulder to stop him.

“Oh, Zara. Hi,” Taemin says, sounding far away.

“Where have you been? I haven’t seen you for awhile,” I say, smiling.

He shrugs.

“Is something wrong?” I ask, confused, as I try to figure out his body language. “It can’t be about Taemanry, he’s...dead.”

He sighs, shaking his head. “It’s not about him.”

“Then what?”

Grabbing my hands, he walks me over to a corner.

“....”

“It’s about Kai. I’m worried.”

“Why? He’s so great. He’s just like-”

“He worked with the Lucifer.”

I have a hard time keeping my jaw from dropping and try to recover, but can’t.

“And I don’t like him.”

“Why do you always have to have a hard time liking the people I love?”

“Because I don’t trust people who are going to hurt you!” He hits the wall and sighs. “I wish you two the best, but I’ve got to get going.”

“Taemin-” I don’t get to finish my sentence before he shoves his hands into his pockets, walking off into the distance.

---

I close the door behind me and throw my bag.

“Zara, are you o-?” Kai starts.

“Are you with the Lucifer?” I ask, watching him.

He clutches something and puts it into his back pocket.

“Answer me. Please.”

“Zara,” he walks towards me.

“Kai. Are. You. With. The-”

“Yes,” he says, finally.

I back up. “What?”

He nods. “I’m sorry.”

“Out,” I say, pointing to the door. “Right. Now.”

“Zara, I want to tell-”

“Kai. No.”

“I wanted to-”

“I’m sure you heard of me and Taemanry from your Lucifer buddies. Just. No. Out. Now,” I even move to the side so he can have room to walk through the door.

He sighs, sadly, and nods. Kai picks up his jacket and starts toward the door, handing me something as he leaves. “It reminded me of you,” he says, before walking out.

I slam the door behind him and open the box. Inside is a ring. My eyes widen. “Why does this look like the ring Taemin gave me?” I ask, gasping at the sight.