Solar's Confessions

Touch Love

Dolce Vita Pension

 

“YA! I am NOT gay!” Taeyang exclaims while whacking Seungri’s head.

 

“Ouch hyung,” Seungri yelps in pain before continuing, “Yes you are! I saw you smiling to yourself when you read that text message from a person named Prince Jackie,” Seungri adamantly insists as he rubs his head.

 

“I am NOT gay. Guys, I am not gay,” Taeyang declares again.

 

He can sense the members looking at him as though he had grown an extra head. They are not sure on how to respond to Seungri’s claim of him being gay. Jiyong who has been insistent on knowing his secret, is suddenly quiet. The expression on his face is unreadable. To make things worse, Taeyang could sense s somewhat accepting that possibility. After all, he is the only one among them who has yet to really date a girl. Despite them trying matchmake him and arrange blind dates for him, he has yet to find a girl that suits him. Hence it won’t come as a surprise if he is also gay.

 

“I am not gay guys. I am really straight.”

 

“But what about that Prince Jackie? I know what I saw. You were smiling and grinning like an idiot when you were reading the messages from him,” Seungri claims.

 

Jiyong is too quiet, too still like a statute and it is making Taeyang uncomfortable. TOP and Daesung are also quiet but the expression on their faces are more of curiosity. It almost feels like an eternity before Jiyong finally speaks, “Bae, who is Prince Jackie?”

 

Taeyang slowly looks at Jiyong. He hesitates. He is not sure if he should tell Jiyong about his encounter with Jackie. Telling Jiyong about Jackie would also means him having to mention about his current creative slump. He doesn’t want the members to think that he is being petty or self-centered, that he is not happy for their successes so far. To him, it is just his own personal insecurities.

 

“Bae, who is Prince Jackie?” Jiyong asks again. There’s a slight concern with a hint of vile threat in the way he asks that question.

 

Everyone just keeps quiet, including Seungri. They know better than to interfere when Jiyong is in this mode. They do not want to be the alternative punching bag for him.

 

Taeyang hesitates again, “Ji…”

 

“Bae, don’t make me ask again.”

 

Taeyang sighs. He knows he has no other choice than to tell the truth. No use lying to Jiyong who can easily decipher whether he is lying or not.

 

“So much for keeping this a secret,” he mutters unders his breathe before speaking out loud.

 

“Prince Jackie is just a friend I met recently,” he starts. Everyone merely listens quietly.

 

“Just someone I met. And don’t worry. I was under disguise. I was not recognized.”

 

“But before I explain any further about how I met Prince Jackie, maybe I should explain to you guys about my current situation.”

 

“Make yourself comfortable guys. It will be a long story to explain,” expresses Taeyang, in a soft tone.

 

It takes Taeyang about an hour to explain everything that he has been facing with for the past few months. The members merely listen attentively. Daesung and TOP nod occasionally. It is a rare thing for Taeyang to openly share his personal concerns as Taeyang always keeps his problems to himself. He just does not want to burden s, especially Jiyong, who has been with him for the longest time.

 

He shares with the rest on how he was feeling frustrated while working on his latest album. He describes the emotional and creative slump that he has been in; about him losing his passion and sense of direction; about him worrying whether his album will reach the same success at Jiyong’s and Seungri’s albums; about when he heard Jackie sings at Coffee Prince Café and how it reminded him about his passion again; about her sharing with him that he is her “inspiration” and finally to him deciding to keep in contact with her.

 

“Jackie reminded me of the time when I was a trainee and it made me realized how pure my passion was during that period,” Taeyang finally says.

 

He then individually looks at s. The atmosphere is so still and silent that one could hear a pin drop. His eyes stop at Jiyong, waiting for him to say something.

 

“Bae, why didn’t you say something before?” Jiyong’s voice eventually breaks the silence.

 

Taeyang shrugs and sighs.

 

“I don’t want to appear petty in front of everyone. Plus I also do not want to burden you guys.”

 

“Ah hyung, we are here for you no matter what,” Daesung assures him before giving him a side hug.

 

“Ya Bae. You are my dongsaeng. And as a hyung, I should be there for you,” TOP quietly says. He feels guilty for isolating himself from his dongsaengs for the months. He ends up not knowing the current ongoings among them.

 

Taeyang weakly smiles at TOP. He feels lighter after sharing his concerns with the rest. He regrets not sharing this earlier with the members. He knows that it is just him being the way he is – always wanting to resolve his issues by himself.

 

“Bae, I’m always here for you. After all, we are best friend. Arasso?” Jiyong sternly expressed.

 

“Thanks Ji. I’m sorry I didn’t say anything earlier.”

 

“So… this Jackie, how talented is she?” Jiyong curiously enquires after Taeyang’s issue has been aired out. He is definitely curious about her. This would be the first time his best friend ever showed any interest in the opposite gender.

 

Taeyang sheepishly smiles before answering, “She’s quite talented actually. You should hear her cover of our song, Café. TOP hyung will like her. She shares his quirky weird humour.”

 

“TOP hyung will like her huh?” Jiyong cheekily teases Taeyang, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Taeyang immediately flushes red.

 

“Aish! I shouldn’t have said that. Now they think I’m interested in her,” Taeyang mentally mutters while trying to stop himself from blushing.

 

“Omo… Bae hyung is blushing!” Daesung hollers, making everyone snicker and chuckle at Taeyang’s tomato-red face.

 

“So Bae hyung is not gay?” Seungri wants confirmation.

 

“Prince Jackie is a girl?”

 

“Yes maknae, I am most definitely NOT gay. And even if I am, you don’t have to worry. You are not my type,” Taeyang firmly states.

 

“Ah hyung, I am everyone’s type,” Seungri shamelessly retorts while the hyungs snort.

 

“Okay okay. Since we now know for sure that Taeyang is not gay, let’s go eat and drink some soju. I’m hungry and saw some ice cream in the fridge just now,” TOP voices out, shoving both Daesung and Seungri towards the kitchen.

 

“Ah HYUNG!!” both Daesung and Seungri whine.

 

Taeyang merely smiles. He is happy to be together with s. After all, it has been a long time since they gather together. He puts his arm around Jiyong’s shoulder as they both make their way towards the kitchen as well.

 

“Bae, I want you to promise me to not be distracted because of this girl. You are about to have your comeback now. Everything needs to be perfect and in order,” Jiyong voices out his concern to Taeyang.

 

“Geogjeongma (Don’t worry) Ji. I won’t. I found back my passion and I want to give my best for this comeback,” assures Taeyang.

 

“As for Jackie, she is the one who reminds me of my passion again. So I won’t want to disappoint her. After all, I am her inspiration. I do not want to embarrass myself in front of her,” Taeyang continues, not seeing the concern expression on Jiyong’s face.

 

“I hope this Jackie doesn’t distract Bae from his preparation.” Jiyong thinks to himself. He is worried that Taeyang might be distracted as this is the first time he expresses any interest in any girl.

 

Coffee Prince Café

 

“Pabo (stupid). Pabo pabo pabo,” Jackie silently berates herself.

 

Ever since she realizes Ding Dong Bae’s real identity, she has been incessantly mentally scolding herself. How can she not realised that Ding Dong Bae is Taeyang and Taeyang is Ding Dong Bae. He is after all her “light”, her source of inspiration. She must be an idiot for not recognizing him.

 

“AISH! PABO!” Jackie frustratedly bursts out.

 

“Ya. Gwenchana (you okay)?” Scar asks her, shocking her out from her mental scolding.

 

“Ah. Scar ya. Nan gwenchana (I’m okay),” Jackie assures her. Suddenly she feels like an idiot for bursting out like that.

 

“Then why are you scolding yourself idiot?” Scar asks.

 

“Ah…” Jackie hesitates. She can’t exactly tells Scar about what she just discovered. The secret is too huge to just be blurt out in public and not without considering the consequences. Furthermore, she suspects that Taeyang must have his reasons for not telling her his real identity. Or maybe she is just an idiot for not recognizing him in the first place.

 

“I’m starting to regret to this second performance. Maybe I’m just nervous about it, that’s all,” Jackie weakly explains.

 

“Ah… relax. You be fine. You did great yesterday. But can I give you one advice?”

 

“What advice?”

 

“Well, more of a request actually. Can you sing at least one of your original song?”

 

“Micheoseo (Are you crazy)?! My songs are not ready for public hearing!” Jackie bellows.

 

“YA! Can’t you don’t yell? I’m not deaf you know. And why not?” Scar annoyingly enquires while rubbing her ringing ears.

 

“Well… well…” Jackie flusters, trying to come up with a good reason.

 

“See, even you can’t think of a reason not to. Just sing at least one song. You be fine. Jingja.”

 

Jackie is not sure if she is ready to let everyone hears her self-composed songs. She is still insecure about them. What if they are not good enough? What if the crowd finds her lyrics lame and cheesy? But if she never try, she would never know.

 

“What would Taeyang do at times like this?” she asks herself.

 

Moon-jah wat-shong! Moon-jah wat-shong!” *(Secret Garden Gil Ra Im ringtone)

 

“Jackie, got a message. Ya. It’s time you change your ringtone. That’s so 2010.” Scar calls out to her before walking back to the counter.

 

“Aish. Who is messaging me right now? I’m already stressed out.”

 

Jackie pointedly takes out her phone from her apron and checks her message.

 

From: Ding Dong Bae

Message: It’s almost 9 pm. You are performing soon. Prince Jackie HWAITING! ^^

 

Jackie smiles upon reading the message. Somehow Bae seems to know her current state of mind.

 

From: Prince Jackie

Message: Komawo, Ding Dong Bae. ^^ Can I ask for your advice?

 

From: Ding Dong Bae

Message: Sure ^^ If I could help.

 

From: Prince Jackie

Message: Should I sing my original song?

 

Jackie waits nervously for Taeyang to reply her text message. She hopes to get his reply before she has to perform. She only has a few minutes left before she has to take the stage.

 

Moon-jah wat-shong! Moon-jah wat-shong!

 

From: Ding Dong Bae

Message: You totally should! Wish I could be there to hear it. I’m stuck here with my members. >.<

 

Jackie smiles at his reply. Taeyang is really adorable when he is messaging. But he gets awkward in person.

 

From: Prince Jackie

Message: Ok! I sing my original song. I’ll let you know how it when k. And no worries. One day I sing for you personally. ^^

 

She immediately regrets that last line that she types.

 

“Aish. Now that sounds like I’m hoping for something more from him. PABO!”

 

From: Ding Dong Bae

Message: Jingja? I’m be waiting for that day then. ^^

 

Unknowingly, Jackie blushes at Taeyang’s last message.

 

“Jackie, you are up in 5!” Gong Yoo oppa calls out to her.

 

“Ne!” Jackie replies back.

 

Jackie takes a deep breath to calm her nervous heart down. She mentally filters through the songs that she has composed, wanting to choose the best song for her performance today. After all, it would be the first time she be singing her original song. It has to be perfect.

 

Dolce Vita Pension

 

Taeyang has been fiddling and checking his phone for the past 2 hours. Jiyong is starting to feel irritated with his behaviour. He has been planning and preparing for this party and yet his best friend is more interested with his phone. He is now bored as TOP hyung, Daesung and Seungri are out to get more ice cream and soju.

 

“Bae, can you stop checking your phone? It is not everyday I can hang out with you,” Jiyong whines.

 

“Ah mianhae (sorry) Ji. It’s just, Jackie is performing again tonight at Coffee Prince. She is performing her original song for the first time. I’m waiting for her message on how it went,” Taeyang explains.

 

“Are you really interested in this girl?” Jiyong cautiously asks.

 

“I don’t know Ji. All I know, she has this passion about her when she sings.”

 

“And her sense of humour, it's uniquely hers,” Taeyang bashfully sighs. Jiyong can see that Taeyang is infatuated with Jackie. He almost never interacts with any girls. His shy nature makes it hard for him to talk to them. But somehow, with this Jackie, he seems to be at ease.

 

“I just feel comfortable around her. With her, I am just me, Yongbae. I don’t feel the need to be this smooth and confident singer named Taeyang.”

 

Jiyong is confused, “But Bae, you are Taeyang and Taeyang is you.”

 

“I know Ji. Hmmm… how do I explain this?” Taeyang ponders for awhile.

 

“Okay. You remember that one time where you said in an interview that you wish people will just see you as Jiyong, and not as this musical genius? That you are just a normal person who compose music and has a career as a musician?”

 

Jiyong slowly nods. He is not sure where Taeyang is going with that statement. He always feel that people unnecessarily give him titles like that. As much as he is honoured, it puts a certain kind of pressure on him. It is a good and a bad thing.

 

“Well, it is like that. There are times where I just wish people would treat me as Dong Yongbae and not as Taeyang. Not the guy who JYP declares to be the best dancer in Kpop.”

 

Jiyong finally nods in understanding. He totally gets where Taeyang is coming from. Being artistes, they constantly have to watch their behaviours and manners in public. It is hard to just be themselves without getting judged.

 

“Arasso (understood). Jackie makes  you feel like yourself,” Jiyong comments, rephrasing what Taeyang has shared with him.

 

“But what if she finally finds who you really are? How do you think she would react?”

 

Taeyang rubs his chin thoughtfully and sighs. That is one issue that he does not want to think about. He is afraid that his friendship with Jackie will change if she knows that he is the Taeyang. She might treats him differently. He is not stupid. He knows that his life as an artiste does not permits him to have a personal life. Even a simple friendship with a girl may be misconstrues as something else. Furthermore Jackie might even hates him for lying about his identity. But at the same time, he hopes to tell Jackie his real identity as he wants her to attend his comeback stage performance. It is because of her that he finds back his direction. And now with his comeback around the corner, he feels confident that the other fans will love his new album.

 

“I don’t know Ji. All I know I do not want to lose her friendship.” Taeyang expresses with a heavy heart.

 

Jiyong merely keeps quiet. He too wonders on how Jackie would react when she knows the truth. At the same time, he is still worried that Taeyang’s preoccupation with Jackie knowing his true identity will affect his preparation. He knows Taeyang to be a conscientious person. He will agonize over his performance and suffers from insomnia due to it. He really hopes that this Jackie issue won’t add on to that growing list of worries.

 

“Ah! She finally texted me,” Taeyang’s voice brings Jiyong out of his reverie.

 

“What did she say?” Jiyong asks.

 

From: Prince Jackie

Message: Ding Dong Bae, the crowd loves my song!!^^

 

Taeyang smiles and immediately types his reply.

 

From: Ding Dong Bae

Message: Ah! Congrats!! ^^ So this is like your own solo stage!

 

Jiyong cringes at Taeyang’s use of ageyo in his message. He shakes his head before walking towards the kitchen, leaving Taeyang alone in the dining room. Taeyang doesn’t mind it as it will give him more privacy.

 

From: Prince Jackie

Message: Yup. My first solo stage. Anyway, how’s your debut preparation coming along?

 

From: Ding Dong Bae

Message: It is going well.^^ Starting Monday I have a full schedule. Haiz. More sleepless nights. >.<

 

From: Prince Jackie

Message: You do fine. Omo. That means you be too busy to see me perform. >.< But it’s okay. ^^ I can’t wait to see your debut performance.

 

From: Ding Dong Bae

Message: Ya. (T__T) I can’t see or hear you sing your songs. But I be there in spirit! ^^ HWAITING! o.OV

 

From: Prince Jackie

Message: Komawo! ^^ Ding Dong Bae HWAITING!! o.OV

 

Taeyang chuckles to himself. Jiyong, who has been observing him from the kitchen, frowns. Despite Taeyang’s assurance, Jiyong can’t help but be worried about this new development. It is his responsibility as a leader to ensure that all s are in tip top condition. He can’t afford for any of s to be distracted from their duties as an artiste. It is their promise to their fans to be at their best.

 

“Hmmm… We’ll see how things develop. If Taeyang is able to handle this properly, that’s fine. If not, as his leader, I might have to interfere, even if it affects my friendship with him. It is my responsibility,” Jiyong promised himself.

 

Taeyang who is happily messaging Jackie, does not know what his best friend and team leader has planned out for him.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Annyeong readers! Hope you are enjoying this stories so far. Do let me know in the comments section below. Anyway, I would want to thank you for your love towards this first fanfic of mine. It may not be the best one written but I hope it has a good place in your heart. And this fanfic is slowly coming to an end. I'm so gonna have a writer's withdrawal depression after this. Kinda what TOP-shi went through after his filming ends.