Ultimatum

O B S C U R E

Obscure
`Maybe next time you open your eyes everything has changed`

{Lee Hae Rin's P.O.V}

My letter had now come to an end. I have put everything I have onto this letter and so I hope the outcome would be great. The only thing left is for me to send it off to Korea; to Mr. Lee Soo Man: the CEO and founder of SM entertainment. But before that, I`ve decided to attach small picture of me during my happy days with a big smile on my face. My face showed no sorrow nor does it contain a single touch of sadness. Nothing can be seen but delightfulness! Now, this letter is ready to take its journey to Korea. It is set to go.

The moment I have sealed the letter, there was a knock on my door.

“Come in” I cheerfully said.

It was my mother; she walked inside my room quietly with her head bowed down looking on her feet. Usually she would come inside my room with a massive grin on her face alongside her joyful greeting. She had never failed to do those things, not missing a day, but...

Today she didn’t! The moment I saw her like that I knew something was not right –

I could tell in an instant she was no longer her usual self. The self of hers that always smile, no matter what the situation is.
Her optimistic side I loved and adored the most, is now...GONE. It disappeared like bubbles; it vanished quietly in a blink of an eye without anyone realising it!

Now, I can only feel and see sadness on her, nothing else!
She looks as if she was carrying the entire world’s pain and burden on her shoulder and would collapse and break any second.

I couldn’t stand my mother being like that! Seeing her like that pains me as well for: “HER PAIN IS ALSO MY PAIN!”

Even though I knew nothing that was happening, the reason she became so saddened. I tried and brighten her mood up. So then I told her my jokes, which she often find funny and would always end up cracking herself up from laughing. But to my surprise, she did not react! She was in deep thought of something else.

For sure, something is bothering her.

There was a long silence between us. However, I broke the long silence by talking to her as well as showing my glistening smile,

“Mom what’s wrong? You don’t seem good; maybe you should go home and rest! I’ll be totally fine by myself. Don’t worry about me too much!”

My mother’s head moved onto my direction. She gazed at me, for the longest moment, I could see through her eyes clearly; she was trying to hide her agony and she was forcing, pushing her tears back to where they were originally from.

But in an abrupt second, she cried and broke down in the floor. She could no ‘longer’ hold it in and she then let it all out. She was crying like there was no tomorrow.

{END OF Lee Hae Rin's P.O.V}

{Lee Hae Rin's Mom P.O.V}

Looking at my dearest daughters smile brought me in tears. She looks so happy, even though she is suffering an unbearable grief. Enduring every single pain, she feels; hiding it with her sincere bright smile.

Knowing the fact that she is suffering so much than a girl of her age should be, made me anxious and angry!

Just why is it that my ever so loving daughter has to feel this daunting distress?
Why, does it have to be her? She is only a 16 year old innocent girl?
Everything she wishes to be and to do; she could not do now.
She is so young yet her time is limited.
JUST WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HER?

[Lee Hae Rin's Mom’s Flashback]

I knocked on the door of Hae Rin's doctors. I waited for awhile outside until they have told me to go in.

“Hello! Good afternoon” I greeted them as I bowed to them one by one.
“Hello Mrs. Lee. Good afternoon to you too” the doctors all answered.

They have told me to go and sit down, for we are about to talk about something. I was getting excited and nervous at the same time. I was hoping they would say, “We had found a cure on your daughter’s disease”.

However those thoughts quickly burst.

“The result from Hae Rin's blood test is very bad!” Dr. Frank said in a very serious tone with a hint of disappointment. Dr. Frank is the person in-charge on Hae Rin and also he is the head of the team who continues on researching and finding the cure on Hae Rin's disease.

“What do you mean bad?” I asked whilst my voice started trembling

“Mrs. Lee, we now known each other for many long years and we have been a really good friend since then. So I will not linger around anymore and just tell you the truth behind your daughters’ blood test and disease” Dr. Frank said as his voice spoke distress.

“Please, Dr. Frank! Please do go ahead and tell me what is wrong with Hae Rin!” I answered agitated to know. I wanted to hear everything he had to say.

“The truth is Mrs. Lee. The condition Hae Rin is in; she may be weak right now. But, one of these days she will weaken even more, also she will start to refuse eating, until her five senses slowly stop working and lastly, as you may now know...her face will slowly retract! Her disease is spreading rapidly, quicker than any of us had ever expected. There is not much of living cells left inside her –”

I immediately cut Dr. Frank’s explanation.

“So what are you trying to imply? Are you saying there is no hope with my daughter? Are you saying she will die?” I was losing my temper.

Dr. Frank sighed and continued, “In short Mrs. Lee. There is not much time left for Hae Rin. Her time is now very limited. Looking at her condition right now, she will not last more than 3 months. It would be a miracle if she would last longer. But for now we know, she only has 3 months to live!” As Dr. Frank said this I could see pain in his face as well.

He also added “I’m sorry to inform you this! However, I guarantee you this; I and the team will not stop on trying to find how to prevent this! We will continue to work hard until the very end!”

I could not utter a word. I was astounded. It felt like the glass barrier around me had shattered. Hearing those words made my heart bleed non-stop! There is now a massive hole engraved onto my heart.

My daughters precious life is now limited within 3 months and by the end of it she will leave this world!
I couldn’t ACCEPT it. I didn’t want to BELIVE it. I wanted to pretend everything I heard were all LIES!

But they were indeed the hurtful truth.
As people say, “Truth always hurt.”

I exited the room with a blank expression and headed back to Hae Rin's hospital room.

[End of your moms flashback]

My daughter only now has 3 months left to live!
I want her to enjoy every single second of it, that’s all I can do for her.

If only I could die in place of her I would definitely accept it. I will sell my very own ‘SOUL’, just for her to continue on living. I have never imagined that my daughter will be the first one out of us two who will first say 'goodbye'!

For sure ‘god’ is being too CRUEL! Alongside her destiny toying with her!

{END Lee Hae Rin's Mom P.O.V}

{Lee Hae Rin's P.OV}

I was deeply shocked! Observing over my tough mother’s shocking action. It made my heart ached. It felt as I was being stabbed by millions of sharp knives.

I have NEVER, EVER seen my mother cry. She never showed me this weak spot of hers, but today I witnessed it with my own two eyes. It was DEVASTATING.

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what happened. I was clueless about the situation.

The only thing I know and can do is to comfort her. I helplessly tried and move my very weak, fragile body to where she was. I stumbled countless of time on my way; however, I ignored it and carried on. All I have in mind was to comfort my suffering mom! It sure took a long time for me to get to her. But I managed. As I got to her I hugged her tightly.

My hugged somehow made her tears stop from flowing down. Then she looked up and her eyes met with mine. Her eyes spoke for it. She was surely, hurting deep, deep down. She looked as if heart was being cut in half and was left bleeding with a massive wound that cannot be healed.

We sat there for awhile staring onto each other’s eyes. Reading and scanning each others thought. There was nothing that can be heard except our very own heartbeats. A dead silence grew.

That silence was then interrupted.

Faint clamours and ponderous footsteps were starting to echo in the serene hospital hallways. It was getting closer and closer; as the clock hand move motionless, in the middle of the desolated afternoon. And there was again a knock on my door, it was: my father, my brother and the doctors.

Everyone looked at me with their pitiful gaze!

I knew it can only mean one thing...

MY ULTIMATUM HAS NOW BEEN DECIDED.

-

Well hello there people ;D I thought I should leave a little message here. So, I hope you guys are enjoying reading this fanfic, and I sure do hope someone is reading it. Well, I get this feeling that no one is reading this, but it's probably just me being all paranoid ;___; Let me feel your presence readers or silent readers, aye?

To those 4 guys that subscribed, I'd like to give you all a big shout out and just wanted to say thank you very much and I hope you all continue reading this until the very end. Again, thanks you guys, I really do appreciate it. Anyway, I guess that's it from me. Oh guys, comment when you have time; it’ll make me happy and will give me loads of ‘inspiration’; however, I will not force or oblige you to do so. See you all laters.
 

Reply:

doodlemonstar: You're such a sweetheart. Thank you for your lovely comment, it really did made me smile. It was also my first ever comment here in asianfanfics, so, thank you. I appreciate it a lot. Also, here you go, I updated. Hope you like it :D