Dreams

Tough Love

Sunghee's pov

Lee Miyoung...

"Hey..." Jaeseop oppa walked into my room. "Oh hey." I looked at him. "Babe...what are you thinking about?" He kissed the top of my head. 

"Nothing really...just stuff." I laid down on my bed with my eyes closed. I heard him chuckle. "Manager hyung says that your uncle Minsoo is coming in about 15 minutes." He softly caressed my hand. 

"Hmm. Arraso." I answered tiredly. "Just take a short nap and I'll wake you up when he get here okay?" He kissed my forehead and left. 

Soon, I fell asleep.

 

2nd Grade

I was just getting out from school. I was waiting for the bus to come when this lady grabbed me. 

She sat own onto the bench and was at eye level with me.

"Hi sweetie." She smiled at me. I didn't know what to do. Who is this lady? "What's your name?" She quietly asked. "Uh.." I didn't know whether to answer her or not.

"It's okay sweetie. Just tell me." She sat me on her lap. "K-kim Sunghee." I answered. "Ah..Sunghee? Is that right?" She gave me a lollipop. "Where's your father?" The lady kissed my head. "Appa?" I tilted my head questionly. 

"Yes. Appa. Where is he?" She looked at me. When she asked me about daddy, I began to miss him. "D-daddy? *sniffles*" I started to tear. "Aw what's wrong?" She was shocked by me crying. "I miss daddy. Where's my daddy? T.T" I started bawling in front of the lady.

"You don't know where daddy is?" She wiped my tears. "N-no. *sniffles* He left *sniffles* a lo-long time a-ago." I cried. "Really?!" She looked shocked. I nodded while wiping my tears away. I held onto her shirt crying. 

"Sunghee-yah! Kim Sunghee! Where are you?! Come here sweetie!!" I heard the lady that works at the orphanage call me. "Neh~" I got off of the lady's lap.

"Auntie's calling me now. I have to go." I told her. "Auntie? From where?" She asked. "The auntie that lives at the orphanage that I live at." I answered.

"Oh! Kim Sunghee! Omooo I thought you were missing! Aigoo are you okay?" Auntie checked me to see if I was okay. "Neh!" I nodded. Auntie held my hands as we were going home.

"Good-bye~" I waved to the mysterious lady. 

Next Week

SPLAT

"Hahahahaha!" The other kids laughed as I slowly wiped the milk off of my face."Kim Sunghee~~ Why don't you go cry to your mommy?" This boy teased. "Oh oppa. She doesn't have one." His sister laughed.

I held my tears and walked out of the cafeteria. "Sunghee!" I turned around and saw this lady walking towards me. "Neh?" A tear fell unconciously. 

"Why are you crying sweetie?" She came up and wiped my tears. "S-some kids were teasing m-me because I don't have a mother or a f-father." I sniffled. "Aw..." She picked me up and brought me to the bathroom. "That's not very nice of them now is it?" She started to clean me up.

"Ah~ I remember you now." I spoke unknowingly. She smiled. "School's over now isn't it? Let's go shopping. We'll go buy new clothes for you." She picked me up. "But can we drop by and tell Auntie first?" I asked. "Sure sweetie." She kissed my cheek.

"Sunghee-yah~ Sunghee-yah~ YAH KIM SUNGHEE!" 

I woke up to Kevin oppa yelling at me. "What?!" I was clearly upset. You don't wake me up. You just don't. "What do you want for dinner? Hyung's coming after dinner, but your uncle's still coming in 5 minutes." He asked as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"I don't care. Pizza, whatever, it doesn't matter." I boredly replied. "Okay..." He knows I get cranky when someone wakes me up. "Can I please go back to sleep~~~~?" I pouted. "Aw okay sweetie." He chuckled and patted my head. He left as I went back to sleep.

3rd Grade

I was walking home from school. America is different than back home. Even thought I'm adopted now I guess, people don't treat me like when I was in Korea. 

"Hey stupid!" My so called sister threw a rock at me. "What?" I answered her. "Mom and dad wants to see you." She smirked. "Okay then~" I walked inside the house when someone threw a punch at me. 

"Hey you~" My father, I guess, slurred. Ah~ They're drunk. "You know? You ruined everything~~~~" Mother leaned on the wall holding a cup. "Why'd we bring you here into our family? You aren't good for nothing~" Father laughed.

"AH!" She threw the cup at me. "ALL YOU DO IS SING AND DANCE! THAT'S YOUR SISTER'S JOB!~~" She yelled. "WHY DON'T YOU GO DO SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN MUSIC?" She added.

"Oh honey. It's not like she had a future in music anyway. Our sweet baby Soojungie will succeed." Father laughed as Soojung walked in. "That's right Kim Sunghee. You'll never succeed. As long as I'm here. You'll never be famous." She whispered in my ear.

Soojung always wanted to be a singer. Just one problem. She can't sing.

Is that mean? Sorry not sorry.

We both entered the talent show at our school's. I got 1st at my talent show, where else she...was last.

Her parents thinks I'm getting in the way of her future. Honestly, what future? She can't really sing and her personality . Just saying people.

She has vocal lessons 3 times a week and dance lessons twice a week. Even I can tell her teachers want to give up on her.

I felt a sharp pain on my side. "Ah!" I looked and saw that mother has dragged a knife down my side. "Hahaha oops~" She smiled. All of the sudden father grabs my neck and started to choke me.

"S-top! P-leaseee...." I tried to pry his hands off of my neck. "Let's go sweetie." Mother and Soojung left. "You're worthless, trash. What good have you brought into this family?" He threw me onto the kitchen floor.

"You ruined everything. You don't deserve our love. Our wealth. You're just here for our money aren't you?" He picked up a chair.

"I hate you." He threw the chair in my direction. "AHHH!!!"

"AHHHHH!" 

"Yah! Wake up! Sunghee-yah!" 

Minsoo's pov

"Yah! Wake up! Sunghee-yah!" I shook her trying to wake her up. 

"What happened?" AJ ran into the room. "I think she's having a nightmare." I heard her cry. "Shhh. Babe I'm here. Don't cry." AJ patted her back and whispered into her ear to calm her. 

I stood there amazed by how quick he managed to calm her down. He continued to rub her back. "You okay now baby?" He quietly asked.

She slowly sat up on her bed and nodded while rubbing her eyes. She still looked a little traumatized from her nightmare.

"O-op-oppa." She sniffled. I didn't notice that she was tightly holding onto her right side til she sat up. "Sunghee-yah..." I quietly called. She sniffled and looked at me.

"Uncle Minsoo...."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys! T.T Sorry for not updating for like a month. Stupid exams.... I hope this chapter makes up for not updating! 

Good? No? It'd be awesome if you guys give me some feedback on how I'm doing so far. I'm starting a new semester at school next week so it might be a while for me to update again. :( But I'll try my best to update at least once a week for you guys.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! <3