Mom...?

Tough Love

 

Sunghee's pov

'To Jaeseop Oppa'

-When do you think you'll be home?

The oppas are at practice and it's just me and my dad at home. "Daddy's been acting a bit strange lately..." I mumbled as I got a text message.

'From Jaeseop Oppa'

-I don't know babe. Why? You bored?

I looked at the time. 11:30 PM "They should take care of their health..." I sighed as I began typing a reply back.

'To Jaeseop Oppa'

-Not really...I'm just worried about you guys' health that's all.

You've been gone since this morning.

I decided to take a small walk to the park. "Daddy!" I called. "Yes?" He peeked from the kitchen door. "I'm gonna take a walk to the park." I told him while putting on my shoes.

"Are you sure?" He looked worried. "It's late sweetie." I kissed his cheek. "It's okay daddy. I won't be out for too long." I smiled. "Arraso." He kissed my forehead.

"Later!" I walked out of the door. 

At the Park

*Vibrate*

'From Jaeseop Oppa'

-Don't fret young one.

Hahaha just kidding. Don't worry babe, I'll be home soon. 

I smiled after reading the text message and decided that I'd text him back later. 

"Everyone's so busy nowadays." I sighed. "Maybe daddy's a bit stressed out." I thought about how my dad's been acting the past few days. 

I sat on the swing and looked at my surroundings. "It's so pretty at night." I smiled at the stars. 

Flashback

"Uncle Minsoo. Is she, Lee Miyoung, my mother?"  I asked. 

"...uh" Uncle looked at me wide-eyed.

"Well?" I urged on.

"Well... Sh-" 

"I'm home!" Daddy came home.

"If dad didn't come home at that time, maybe I would've found out if that lady is my mom or not." I messed around with the ends of my hair. 

"Mom?...umma?...mommy..." I slowly spoke. It feels weird since the only people I call mom is Gyul umma and dad's wife. I never once felt that Soojung's mother was mines. Why would I? 

Now that I think about it, do I even want to know if Lee Miyoung is my mother? The woman that left me? "Well...appa left me too...and I still love him." I tried to reason. 

Does he even want me to know my own mother? "This is so complicated..." I hid my face in my hands. "He looked like he really doesn't like that lady at the store..." I remembered my father's face when he saw Lee Miyoung at the store. 

"She sounds mean..." I also remembered how she talked to me after I bumped into them.

Yah kid! Watch where you're going!

I tried to recall her face. "She's really young..." I spoke after a long silence.

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate.

*Incoming Call*

Daddy <3

I picked up the phone while getting off the swing.

"Hello?" 

"Sweetie." He called. "Yes daddy?" I started walking back home. 

"Are you on your way home?" He sounded serious. "Yes...?" I slowed down a bit, curious to why he sounded so serious all of the sudden.

"I w-wanted to talk to you..." He said. "Hmm? About what?" I asked curiously. 

"A-about your mom...your real mom." He told me. I stopped walking to process in what he said.

"Mom...?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~