Prologue (Part 1)

Silver Lining Turned Gray

“Are you sure you can do it?” He said, smiling really wide to his little sister, whom is only 6 years younger than him. He sat on the dark wooden floor, sweat marks all over his shirt, especially on the back and chest part.

“Of course I can! Just watch me!” His little sister said, sounding so full of herself. She jumped off her brother’s bed and positioned herself in the middle of the room. Her brother hit the music and she danced. She danced the exact same steps at the exact same time that her brother just did, moving gracefully and confidently. Every movement was perfect. She finished with a silly pose, the exact opposite of what her brother did. Her brother laughed but clapped at her performance nonetheless.

“That was great! Besides the silly pose, everything was perfect. Aish, I hate to admit but you’re better than me.” He scratched the back of his neck while saying so. He wasn’t really bothered by it, though. All he knows that he’s proud.

“Kids! Dinner time!” Their mother called from the dining room, followed by the clatter of plates and utensils being placed on their dining table. Both siblings looked at each other.

“Race you!” She suddenly exclaimed then bolted out of the room while giggling, leaving her brother behind. He stood at the doorway, shocked.

“Hey! You didn’t say ‘go’! That’s not fair!” He called to her as he followed behind, catching up with his little sister.

-----

Hugging her stuffed Mickey Mouse close, she sat on a chair near the kitchen bench, watching her mother work wonders in their kitchen. Her head moved from left to right as her mother moved around in the kitchen, lifting this pot and placing it somewhere else.

After a few moments or so, she got down from her chair and walked to the coffee table in their living room, which was close to the kitchen in their apartment. She sat on her heels, took a book and started looking through it. The book was of no interest to her; it contained a lot of words, big words, most of them not making sense to her. And there were no pictures, which she really loved in books.

The click of the front door’s lock and the sound of footsteps made her spring up in joy. Clutching her Mickey Mouse’s hand with hers, she ran to the front door, greeting her father with a hug.

“Appa! You’re home!” She cried, hugging her father close along with her stuffed toy. Her father hugged his little daughter back, happy to be welcomed home with a warm embrace.

“Ne, little pumpkin. I’m home.” He said, swinging his daughter one round and kissing her cheek. “How was school?” he asked, placing her back down and taking her hand in his as they walked further back into their home.

“Boring. I don’t like math.” She pouted, puffing her cheeks cutely.

“But it’s good for you to learn about it.” Her father said. “Math is everywhere.” He added.

“Everywhere?” She asked, her eyes showing disbelief and shock. How can such a boring subject be everywhere around her?

“Ne. It’s everywhere.” Her father replied, smiling. He pointed to a vase perched atop their coffee table, surrounded by a few magazines. “How many flowers are there popping out of that vase?” She started counting the roses, sunflowers and other flowers present in the vase.

“15.” She answered proudly.

“See? You just did math. You counted the flowers.” Her father said, poking her lightly with his finger on her stomach. “My, aren’t you good at math.” He winked. She only giggled at her father’s touch in reply.

-----

“Do that again, hyung! That was awesome!” His little brother said, clapping his hands together in glee. He smiled wide at his own brother. No one mattered to him other than his little brother. Not only was he a brother to him, he was also his best friend.

“Why don’t you try doing it?” He teased his little brother and grinned.

“Ani! You know I can’t do it!” His little brother inched back a little from his seat on the floor in their backyard. He shook his head side to side to add more to his refusal.

“Oh come on!” He said, disappointed. “I’ll do it slowly and you follow me. How about that?” He offered, smiling again. His little brother sat there for a moment, looking at him while thinking about his brother’s offer.

“Okay, fine.” He finally gave in and hesitantly stood up, dusting off dirt from his pants with his hands. “Don’t be too fast.”

“Yeah yeah.” He grinned again.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Hope you guys enjoyed the Prologue! To be honest, this was supposed to be posted yesterday TT_TT I'm so sorry, evilmastermaknae D: At least it's up now, right? :D" And yes, I'm leaving Part 2 to my friend as well XD" I'm terrible, I know :> XD

-the-badguy-or-hero- ♥