Rain Tears

Broken in Love

Part II

Vanishing Act

Chapter V

Rain Tears


 

Woohyun looked to his side and felt a pang in his chest when he saw an empty bed.

He ignored it completely though, he knew where Sunggyu was—Sunggyu was with Woohyun.

Yes, Woohyun did know about the condition he was in. He knew that he had acquired minor OCD in the months without Sunggyu... except he was never without Sunggyu but Sunggyu was never there.

This confusion resulted in him having a longing for something that’s impossible, a longing so strong that he tried to fix it, and slowly he found himself doing all he could to bring back the feeling of being satisfied.

But since Sunggyu was never there he never felt fully content.

And suddenly Woohyun found himself shaking. He stopped himself and by habit he found himself cleaning the bed of Sunggyu, he sighed and wiped the wrinkles off of the duvet nine times before he sat on his own one and decided that things didn’t look good enough—that something was utterly off.

Along with OCD Woohyun had Localised Amnesia, which meant he couldn’t remember a specific event.

Although, he did remember one thing, but it wasn’t put into much consideration to be diagnosed as Selective Amnesia because all he remembered was a sentence he considered to be a promise.

I’ll be waiting.

Now Woohyun didn’t exactly know what he was waiting for and it frustrated him.

He just wanted to know where Sunggyu was, but Sunggyu was with Woohyun!!

Nothing made sense and it was driving him to the point of insanity. Literally.

Suddenly a door barged open and Woohyun sighed as Dongwoo came in. He went over to the door and opened and closed it eight times.

“What Dongwoo?”

He asked in an annoyed manner but Dongwoo did nothing but drag Woohyun out of the room. Woohyun tilted his head.

Dongwoo tugged his arm.

Woohyun counted the steps as they passed.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

“Nine.”

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

Skip.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

“Nine.” Skip.

Repeat.

Dongwoo sighed at his friend’s compulsive actions but he knew that Woohyun couldn’t help it.

He knew that this was the only thing Woohyun could do to keep him from going bat crazy.

He quickly ushered the younger boy into the car. Woohyun watched his surroundings and furrowed his eyebrows as he realised the strangely familiar route they were taking.

“The Hospital?”

Dongwoo nodded and so Woohyun shrugged and let his head rest onto the window, not minding the way his head would bang against the window each time they crossed a bump in the road.

He rested his left palm over his right palm and stared out the window.

Watching every tear drop roll down the glass.

Blurred shaded figures past by and all colour from the world had been washed away by the salty water, a river of tears that the angels has shed.

Objects began to form together and everything just happened in a flash, nothing was going to slow down for Woohyun—but Woohyun was the one moving.

So he merely watched, and didn’t think, he just watched as the angel cried tears that would wash away the evil in this world.

“Woohyun?” Woohyun hummed a reply, yet his eyes remained perfectly trained to a falling drop of rain.

“Do you remember where Sunggyu is?” Woohyun had heard this question a million times.

“Yes, with me.” Woohyun answered this question a million times. So Dongwoo sighed and decided to tell him later, because Woohyun would not believe a word he said unless he saw it for himself, so he decided to tell him that his lover was not actually with him but in a hospital at a later time.

Well, he wouldn’t really tell him. Like previously stated, Woohyun would only believe if he saw something for himself.

This meant Woohyun didn’t know where Sunggyu actually was, but he had this feeling that Sunggyu was in his heart. So he believed in this feeling and let his lover stay with him in his heart and mind.

He loved it and hated it. It caused him so much grief, he yearned for something that was almost there. So close... but so ing far.

It was agonising, like someone had decided to slowly his soul out and watch in satisfaction as pieces of his heart decided to leave him.

It felt like he was running to Sunggyu on a path where Sunggyu was right there, right at the end, where the bright light shined magnificently and Sunggyu was right there on that horizon but with every step Woohyun took towards his lover the older stepped two away.

Away from Woohyun, away from life.

But Woohyun he couldn’t even remember why his lover wasn’t there and no matter how many times he was informed, it just slipped from his mind again.

All he knew was that someone had died and all he knew was that it wasn’t Sunggyu.

Because Woohyun was waiting for Sunggyu not the other way around—therefore Sunggyu wasn’t dead.

He thought Sungjong was dead, but it turned out Sungjong had been the one who killed the person and suddenly Woohyun had become a hundred times more confused.

He just wanted to know what was going on.

This situation was like an hourglass he had placed on top of his desk and on this simple hourglass there was a crack and with every passing minute, small grains would leak out and it was a matter of time before they had all disappeared into the wind.

He liked to say that the sand was like Infinite. They were all slowly slipping away from him and Woohyun could do nothing but watch. He couldn’t grasp the situation and all he could do is just watch each grain fall and drift off in the wind—and even if he did, it would all just slip from his fingertips anyway.

He found himself acquiring that same sense of powerful craving that could never be fulfilled.

“Woohyun-ah, we’re here.” Dongwoo snapped him out of his reverie and Woohyun looked up at him with confused eyes, still not piecing together why he was there.

Even so, a black abyss made its way to enter his torso and he felt a lump appear in his throat. Something felt off.

This time the tears that thudded against the ground resounded clearly in his mind—something was definitely wrong. A feeling of trepidation washed over him quickly.

Out of nervous habit he began to bite his lip and with every step he took he imaged Sunggyu leaving him in the distance, and with every image the cut grew deeper.

In his heart and on his lip.

He watched the white walls flash by him and he held on to Dongwoo tighter who whispered comforting words, but none calmed him down—not even a single bit.

Woohyun watched with careful eyes as they approached a door but he was shocked by the sight before him as it  slowly creaked open.

“Sunggyu?” He croaked, the sob that he had been biting back escaped from him and he rushed to his lover’s side, escaping from the grip of Dongwoo.

“Sunggyu! I missed you so much!”

Sunggyu had finally turned around and stopped walking, he finally let Woohyun into his embrace. Woohyun had waited long enough, he had waited for so ing long.

He ignored that disgusting feeling in his stomach and let out a breath that he had been holding since the day he woke up from an event he had forgotten.

He felt that desperate longing escape him as he felt the arms of a loved one. The loved one. The one person he had been in love, the one person he needed for his entire life.

But everything had been too almost perfect.

And just like that Woohyun had his happiness ripped away from him—just like that, he was crazy again. Nothing could ever be ‘alright’ could it? Not anymore, Woohyun had finally come to realise that nothing could ever turn alright ever again.

Not after that stupid day where everything had been so stupidly stupid but he had stupidly chosen to ignore the stupid messages that led up to the inevitable stupid ending. He knows that they should’ve just disbanded the band—but they were just too damn stubborn to admit that something was wrong and now everything was wrong.

Happiness was so close, too close, it was so damn close to Woohyun. He had it, right there, in his ing arms but with one sentence it was gone, vanished. With one sentence Sunggyu had been ripped out of his hands, with one sentence Sunggyu was out of his reach.

Yet he was so ing close. He was but a mere hologram in front of him. It was Sunggyu—but... It wasn’t ing him.

This time he was actually there but this time, his Sunggyu was nowhere to be found. 

"Wh-Who are you?" 

And just like that, three words spoken by Sunggyu made Woohyun crumble so easily.


"They both have Localised Amnesia.

Woohyun had forgotten the event that made Sunggyu forget Woohyun. 

How beautiful is tragedy."  - The Crying Angels