Christmas Eve

In Love with my Nemesis [HIATUS]

∞29

 


 

Jessi flinged out her phone and dialled for Taemin's number,reconfirming whether he's actually coming today. "Yeoboseyo?" a tired voice echoed through the phone. "Ya! Are you coming to the dinner or not? It's 5pm and you're still sleeping?" Jessi snarled. "Oh...I forgot." he said,making Jessi literally face palm. "So are you coming?" she asked. "Yeah..." Taemin replied tiredly before he streched again. "Alright. See you then." Jessi said before she hung up.

She went out of the staff room and continued doing her work. "So what did Taemin say?" Sunggyu nudged her. "He's coming." Jessi said before she took more cups off the rack. Hearing the bell at the door ring,she flashed a smile and looked up. "Hello may I place your orders?" she asked before recognizing the familiar figure in front of her. "Yoora?" she arched an eyebrow.

"Jessi..." she mumbled and narrowed her eyes to Sunggyu,and then back to Jessi. "Hey." she smiled sadly. Seeing this,Jessi was downright taken aback,a million of questions filled her mind. Why was Yoora so kind all of a sudden? Is she up to one of her nasty tricks again? "Can I have an americano please..." she asked politely. Jessi just nodded,still dumbfounded by her use of tones. "Why's she so nice? You don't think that she's planning something bad...right?" she whispered to Sunggyu.

"No...she isn't. Don't worry." Sunggyu smiled at Jessi,making her even more suspicious. "Are you perhaps dating her behind my back?" Jessi raised an eyebrow. Sunggyu flicked her forehead,hard. "Where do you come up with such ideas?" he snapped. "Then why are you suddenly so nice about her?" Jessi asked as she rubbed her forehead.

"She's the one that told me to go for you. She finally gave up on the performance day." Sunggyu said. "You mean the day when we first kissed?" Jessi asked again,straightforwardly. Sunggyu turned away as he blushed. "Yeah." Jessi chuckled at his cute action. "You don't have to be so shy about it ya know." she said then turned in front to notice Yoora was still there. She turned away in embarrassment and in guilt.

She still loves him and i'm talking so freely like this in front of her face...Jessi do not be a . She silently thought before she went to grab the cup of warm americano. Feeling that she should say something,she bit her lips. "Hey Yoora,how about let's have dinner together? With Taemin and Ilhoon? And maybe Sunggyu?" Jessi asked. Yoora looked up to her,waves of regret passed through her. I've been so nasty towards her...and she's so nice...she thought.

"Really?" she said. Jessi looked at Sunggyu and then back to Yoora. "Of course. You didn't think i'd be joking about this,do you?" Jessi raised an eyebrow once more. "Okay...where?" Yoora asked softly. "Bar&Grill at MyungDong." Jessi gave her a small smile. Yoora smiled back at her. "I'm sorry for everything..." she apologized. Sensing that it was sincere,Jessi patted her shoulder. "It's okay."

"JIN AE DO YOUR WORK!" the boss yelled from the office,causing her to flinch. Jessi gestured Yoora to sit down as she began taking other orders. "Why are you so kind?" Sunggyu whispered. "Perhaps i'm born like this..." she shrugged. Even though Jessi was rough and tomboyish,she is also a very forgiving person.

"Sunggyu,do you want to meet on Christmas night?" Jessi asked. "To cuddle and kiss?" Sunggyu grinned. "You are seriously a erted person. I never thought you had that side of you..." she made a face as she got another cup from the rack. "You are the dirty minded one! Isn't cuddling and kissing a common thing for couples to do?" Sunggyu argued back.

"Whatever. So are you coming or not?" she asked again. "I can't." he pouted. "I have to spend the whole day with halmoni and Myungsoo." he said. "Ahh.." Jessi nodded disappointingly.

 

Soon enough it was 7 pm,Sunggyu and Jessi left the cafe for the dinner. He grabbed Jessi's hand and grinned like a mad fool. "You know i'm really happy when i'm with you." he said. "You don't say..." Jessi said sarcastically. "Do you have to ruin the romantic moment?" Sunggyu hit her head as he pulled his hand away from hers. "Whatever." she stuck her tongue out as she tucked her coat's pocket.

But however,they still ended up hand in hand one way or another. They were walking towards the restaurant peacefully as they looked at the christmas decorations,not until someone bumped into Jessi so hard,she almost felt that her shoulders dislocated. "YA!" she yelled as she pulled the guy back by his hoodie. She didn't want him to bump into her and run away without an apology.

"It hurts for you information. Aren't you going to apologize?" she snapped as she rolled her shoulder. Then she realized who it was. It was the blonde guy with the purple highlights that was at the wedding. He scoffed but kept quiet. "Well? Are you going to say anything blondy?" she asked,earning a tug from Sunggyu.

"The hell is wrong with you. Retarded rabbit hopping crazy girl." he remarked before he walked away,only to get pulled back by Sunggyu this time. "What did you call m girlfriend?" he asked,clencing his jaw at the same time. "Hands off dude." he pushed Sunggyu's hand away and glared at him. "I called her a retarded rabbit hopping crazy girl. Do you have a problem?" he smirked. "You son of a bi-..." before Jessi could continue,her phone rang.

"Then you are a rude guy." Sunggyu argued back. He laughed pathetically. "Then you are a stupid rodent looking guy." he challenged. "Why you..." Sunggyu was going to punch him in the face when Jessi stopped him. "Ya we're late,Ilhoon is already there. Let's go." Jessi pulled him away. As they walked away,Jessi looked back,giving him a death glare. "The next time I see you,I'm going to kick the daylights out of you,you !" she yelled.

 

===

 

"You guys are late!" Ilhoon whined as his girlfriend chuckled. "Hey Joohyun." Jessi smiled at his girlfriend,ignoring Ilhoon completely. "Ya at least greet your long lost bestie!" Ilhoon whined again. "Oh fine shut up Ilhoon. Taemin and Yoora isn't even here yet." Jessi rolled her eyes. "Why are you so mean?" he pouted. "Aigoo,now you know?" Jessi laughed,earning weird looks from Joohyun and Sunggyu. Only Ilhoon and Jessi could understand what was going on,it's somehow like a bestie talk.

Taemin came in a few moments later and narrowed his eyes towards Yoora. He sat down in front of Jessi and looked at Yoora who sat down beside him. "Why is Yoora here?" he asked,confused. "I invited her." Jessi smiled. "What?! Why would you invite her after all she's done to you?" Ilhoon pointed. "She apologized okay. Sincerely. And I forgive her." Jessi said. "Sometimes you're too soft for your own good." Taemin made a face before he turned to Yoora. "You...don't sit so close to me,you disgust me."

"Ya Lee Taemin." Jessi began. "Don't be so mean!" "How do you expect me to be kind to her after her wicked deeds? I will try to not hate her but you have to give me some time! Geez." Taemin grimaced once more as he inched himself away from Yoora. "Mianhe." Yoora spoke softly. "Aish...it's okay. They'll accept you sooner or later. If not i'll kick their ." Jessi grinned,making Taemin click his tongue.

After much consideration,they finally ordered something,and after waiting with empty stomachs,those 'somethings' came.

Ilhoon watched the food intensely as the waiter placed it in front of him. He was so hungry and the food looked so good. Sunggyu cut a piece of meat and placed it in front of Jessi's mouth. "Say ahh." Feeling embarrassed,she shook her head,but he urged on,so she didn't have a choice but to accept it.

Seeing this,Yoora subconsciously flashed a sad smile. They look so happy together. she thought silently as she ate the food. Besides Sunggyu and Jessi,Ilhoon and Joohyun was also 'lovey dovey-ing'. The two singles looked around awkwardly before their eyes met. Taemin immediately looked away before he harshly put the meat in his mouth. If only the girl beside me wasn't Yoora. Aish. He mentally scowled.

"So Jessi,how was your mother's wedding?" Ilhoon asked as he chewed on the meat. "It was the first time I attended a wedding,and it was so...lovely." Jessi smiled as she imagined what would it look like if it was her wedding. But thinking of the wedding,her thoughts moved on to the blonde guy with the purple highlights. Just who the hell is he? He's rude and all...but why was he at the wedding? Her mind flashed back when Hansol and her mom was suppose to kiss,she clearly saw the guy avoiding the scene as he looked down.

Then she remembered that,that wasn't the first time she saw him. She remembered that when she was picking up her dress,she had a mood swing so she was jumping like crazy and she saw this guy...the same guy with the blonde hair and purple highlights. No wonder he called me crazy hopping rabbit! She mentally face palmed as she once thought at that moment,why rabbit out of all the animals? And why hopping?

"Jessi what are you thinking?" Taemin asked. "Ah...nothing." she shook her head.

 

===

 

After the dinner,Jessi went back to her old home as she wanted to do the countdown with her family. She knocked on the door and it opened to reveal a very happy woman. "Umma!" she exclaimed as Mrs Hwang pulled her daughter into her arms. "Hello Jin Ae,I missed you." she mumbled before she pulled away. "How's Sunggyu?" Mrs Hwang asked.

"Still cheesy as usual." Jessi laughed before she went in. She went to her room on the second floor and noticed her furnitures gone. "Umma? Where are all my furnitures?" she asked. "Oh they're all in the storeroom." Mrs Hwang said as she hesitated. "Why are they in the storeroom? Are you renting this room?" Jessi asked. "Or is it for...uh...appa?" she mentally cringed when she said that.

"You know Jin Ae...you don't have to call him Appa if you're still a little uncomfortable..." Mrs Hwang carrassed Jessi's cheeks. "I have something to tell you...come down to the dining table." she said as she went down the stairs.

"Oh...Hansol ssi..." Jessi bowed politely as she saw her step father. "Hello Jin Ae." Hansol smiled as he settled on the chair opposite Jessi. "Now...actually you have a-..." before Mrs Hwang could continue,the door bell rang. "I'll go get it." Jessi said as she stood up. "That must be him..." Mrs Hwang mumbled softly.

Jessi unlocked the door.

1...

2...

3...

Her jaw dropped as the boy glared at her. Jessi raised an accusing finger at him.

"YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

 


 

And so the step sister and the step brother meets...ANTICIPATE FOR THE EPIC MOMENTS PEOPLE,MUAHAHAHA. Please don't be silent readers. Subscribe,comment or even vote! Saranghae guyzz~

-Mi Eun