Christmas

In Love with my Nemesis [HIATUS]

∞30

 


 

Jessi was down right dumbfounded when he just pushed his way in. "YA!" she shrieked,pulling him by the collar. She dragged him back outside. "Who the hell do you think you are? Barging into my house like that?" she hissed. "I cannot believe you're my–" before he could finish his sentence,Mrs Hwang came. "Oh Byunghun ah,come in." she said invitingly. Jessi's jaw dropped as she watched the guy by the name of Byunghun,coming in,getting invited by her own mother.

They all sat at the dining table quietly,so quiet that it was pin drop silence. "Can anyone tell me what's going on here?" Jessi spoke up after 5 minutes. "Jin Ae,this is your step brother,Byunghun." Mrs Hwang said. "What?" she muttered in disbelief. Hansol definitely looked young,yes,but she didn't expect him to have a son. "Byunghun,this is your step sister,Jin Ae." Hansol said.

L.joe heaved a sigh before he turned towards Jessi. "Nice to meet you,I would rather you call me L.joe." he said,sticking his hand out for a hand shake. That even frightened Jessi more. He was such a jerk the other time and now he's actually talking nicely? It must all be an act in front of his father. Jessi inwardly scoffed before she smacked a fake smile across her face. She shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too. And I would like to be call Jessi instead." she said.

"Jin Ae,why were you yelling at him just now?" Mrs Hwang asked. "Because I didn't know who he is and he just barged into the house." she said,bending the truth. Well it wasn't a lie,he did barge right into the house without saying anything. "Ah I see. Well I'm going to cook the turkey. Hansol ah,come with me." Mrs Hwang said,leaving to the kitchen with her husband.

Jessi's expression darkened as she stared at him. "Get your stupid eyes off me." he mumbled. At that moment,she felt like punching him in the damn face,what wrong has she done anyways? "Why the hell are you so rude? I didn't even do anything to you!" she said. "Yeah,but I shouldn't like you either right? I mean,what's there to like? A sister with a different mother." he scoffed pathetically.

That shut Jessi up.

He's right...she thought silently. At that moment,she felt all the hatred for him vanish. Something must've happened to his mother. she concluded. She silently waited for her mother to finish cooking the turkey,but the silence was killing her. "I'm sorry." she said,not even knowing why she was apologizing. Even L.joe was shocked.

"Why are you saying sorry?" he asked rudely. "I don't know. I felt that I should." Jessi shrugged. Suddenly,L.joe felt guilty. He always had a weak spot for soft hearted people,but he didn't want to like her anyways,he even promised himself that he will never get along with her and if he did,he would hate himself for the rest of his miserable life.

"Jin Ae,can you buy some garlic for me? I forgot!" Mrs Hwang said from the kitchen. "Byunghun! Follow her!" Hansol yelled. L.joe clicked his tongue in frustration before he got up from the chair,reluctantly following Jessi out of the house.

They were walking on the cold streets that was decorated with lights all over. There were Christmas trees near the shops and Christmas carols playing all over the place. It definitely had a Christmas feel. Jessi shuddered more as the wind blew,her nose was now a little pink from the cold,which made her look like a rudolph.

L.joe scanned her from head to toe,he remembered how she was jumping crazily that day,and he hated these people that always wanted attention. But he couldn't deny the fact that she was pretty. He watched as she took her phone out,pressing it against her ear before she broke into a smile. "Gyu ah,merry Christmas. How is halmoni doing?" she asked.

Gyu? Who's Gyu? He thought,then he remembered that there was one guy that followed her that day,he's probably her boyfriend. At the wedding,he even caught a glimpse of them kissing and man,he was disgusted. "She wants to see me? She can see me tomorrow." she laughed. L.joe warded off the thoughts about her and looked at the side,noticing that they already walked past the supermarket 10 minutes ago.

"Ya,we missed the supermarket!" he yelled. Jessi wanted to hit him in the head for being so loud,but she retrained herself. "Who's that guy? I hear a guy." she heard Sunggyu said at the other side of the phone. "Ani,he's my–" before she could continue,Sunggyu cut her off. "Are you cheating on me perhaps?" he asked. "No! Sunggyu stop jumping onto conclusions! He's my step brother!" she exclaimed.

"Really?" he asked. "Yeah and he's a jerk. Why would I ever lie to you,Gyu?" Jessi said as she turned her heels and walked back to the supermarked. L.joe stared at her in disbelief before he shook his head.

 


 

Taemin went to the food court again. He was alone on Christmas this year,reason being cause his parents are away on some business trip that wasn't even compulsory. He stuffed his hands in his pocket before he walked to one of the stalls. "Ahjumma,bulgogi please." he said. There were alot of people in the food court,maybe because it was Christmas. Why the food court? Don't people go to fancy restaurants instead? he inwardly scoffed.

He quickly took the tray of food and paid the ahjumma before he went to find an available seat. "Excuse me,it's hot!" he yelled,trying to get through people who were squishing here and there. He saw a seat but someone was sitting at the other side. He couldn't care less,he settled the tray down on the table before he sat on the chair.

He started eating almost immediately. "Lee Taemin?" he looked up and realized who it was. "Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be celebrating Christmas with your family?" she asked. "I'm alone." he found himself actually talking to her. "Why are you here?" he asked. "I'm alone too." she shrugged. Well of course she's alone. She's Park Yoora. he continued eating,not bothering to talk to her for another second.

 


 

"How do you think Byunghun is doing? He's probably being a jerk towards his sister right?" Niel asked as he plucked out the petals. "Why do you care so much about his sister." CAP smacked his head. "I just want to know how she looks like!" Niel protested. "Hey guys." Ricky tugged onto their sleeves. "Isn't that L.joe?" he said.

"Where?" Chunji jolted from his phone. "There!" Changjo exclaimed. "And that's his sister!" Niel assumed as he ran towards them. "Aish that guy." Chunji shook his head in embarrassment before he stood up from the frosty floor. "L.joe!" Niel yelled.

L.joe looked at where the voice came from and he sighed. Jessi stopped in her tracks and looked at the guy running towards Byunghun. "Heyyyyy!" Niel grinned playfully as he slung a arm over L.joe's shoulder. "Niel?" he raised an eyebrow as the other 4 guys came. "What are you guys doing here? Aren't you celebrating Christmas?" L.joe asked.

"I'm not really a Christmas person..." CAP remarked. "Oooo,so this must be your step sister!" Niel said as he eyed on Jessi. "Hello my name is Ahn Daniel,but you can call me Niel." he said and shook her hand. "Oh...uh...hi. Call me Jessi." she said awkwardly. "So this is Ricky,Chunji,Changjo and CAP." Niel introduced. "You are from Woollim high right?" Changjo asked.

"Yeah..." Jessi nodded quietly. "That's where our rival is." CAP whispered to Ricky. "Aigoo,you're so pretty!" Niel remarked. Jessi was pretty much taken aback,she doesn't get to hear those words most of the time,especially in times like this. "Uh,thank you?" she laughed awkwardly,rubbing her neck at the same time.

"Hwang Jin Ae!" a familiar voice exclaimed from the back. Jessi widened her eyes before she smiled. "Gyu ah!" Sunggyu barged towards her and eyed the 6 boys suspiciously. "Kim Sunggyu? Leader of Infinite?" Ricky pointed. "Ahh,Teen Top,our rival." Sunggyu nodded. L.joe was silent throughout the whole 'event'. He certainly didn't know that the boyfriend of his step sister was his team's rival's leader. This will make Niel want to chase after Jessi more.

"Let's go." Sunggyu said as he pulled Jessi away from them. "So which one is your step brother?" he asked. "Uh,Byunghun,I mean L.joe." she said. "Oh,that shorty. Okay maybe besides L.joe,don't talk to the rest of Teen Top okay? I don't like them." He blurted. "Okay." Jessi nodded approvingly,she has no reason to talk to them either.

 


 

I have no idea how it ended up here. Taemin silently face palmed as he sipped on his warm peppermint tea. "So you like dancing?" Yoora asked. He nodded silently,taking note on how awkward it is. Now they were walking in the park,together,with a warm beverage in their hands,asking random questions. "Why do you dislike Jessi?" he asked.

"Well,I liked Sunggyu oppa but–" "She was getting in your way?" Taemin completed her sentence. Yoora just sighed as she nodded. "I guess it was naive of me to do that. I can't believe that was even me,you do not know how much I regretted hurting Jessi. She's a nice girl." Yoora said. Taemin could see that she was changing for real. "Yeah,she is." Taemin nodded.

Yoora stopped and looked at her watch. "Well,I'll be getting home now. My dad doesn't like me going out so late. Thanks for walking with me Taemin,i'll see you next year." she smiled before she went into the opposite direction,not even allowing Taemin to reply her. "Yeah,thank you for keeping me company." he blurted before he drank the last sip of his tea.

 


 

I am beyond pissed right now. When it has 62 subscribers I was so happy,and then someone unsubscribed. I was okay with it,but then someone subscribed again and then unsubscribed. Well geez,please don't subscribe if you are going to unsubscribe later on. I don't know why,but I feel hurt you know! And now another one unsubscribed,making it 60 subscribers. When am I going to have over a 100 subscribers? When?! Gosh. I tried my best and I don't see why you guys like to subscribe and then unsubscribe.

-Mi Eun