Sick

In Love with my Nemesis [HIATUS]

∞20

 


 

Sunggyu slowly peeked out of his door to see whether Jessi was there. To his surprise,she was,but she was crouching and leaning against the door,unconscious.

He widened his small eyes and immediately went to her side,shaking her body. "Ya Hwang Jin Ae! Ireona!" he exclaimed anxiously,but no avail. He incidentally brushed his skin against hers and felt that her body was really really hot. He put his hands on her forehead and immediately removed it.

"Gosh it's hot fever alright." he sighed.

Bringing her to the hospital is abit of an exaggeration,he can't bring her to his home,and neither does he know the passcode to Jessi's apartment. He was walking in circles,trying to find the best solution as fast as possible,and it only led to one.

Guessing her passcode.

"Okay...so the common passwords are birthdays right? So...Jessi's birthday is uh...041096." Sunggyu mumbled to himself as he dialed the passcode in,and surprisingly,the door unlocked. Sunggyu literally facepalmed himself before he looked at Jessi. "Eish,you're still a cretin."

He carried her up effortlessly and went inside her apartment,laying her peacefully on the bed. He looked around,totally clueless on what to do next. "Okay...so...what do I do now...temperature...yea wait...I need a thermometer...thermometer...I have it." he mumbled anxiously before he went to his own apartment and quickly came back with a thermometer in his hands.

He gently opened Jessi's mouth,careful not to wake her up,and then put in the thermometer.

After a few moments when a beep came,he took out the thermometer and gasped. "Holy ing it's 45 degrees celcius!" he exclaimed. He quickly ran to the bathroom and took a small pail before filling it with water. He went to the fridge and brought out some ice cubes before he took a towel from the kitchen.

He soaked the towel in the ice cold water and squeezed it before he placed it on Jessi's head. He sighed before he looked at her from head to toe. "And you say I was the weak one? Babo." he chuckled.

After waiting for 30 minutes,he re-soaked the towel into the ice cold water and did the same just now,but now,he fell asleep on a chair next to the bed,while waiting.

 

"Eh? Where did hyung go?" Myungsoo scratched his head as he left his apartment,to see Jessi's apartment door opened. Curious(on why it was opened),he peeked inside,only to see his hyung peacefully sleeping beside the bed that Jessi was sleeping on.

He squinted his eyes to see the object on Jessi's head. A towel. Blanket covered till the head,a pail of water. Fever. I didn't know hyung will take care of people like that! Myungsoo smiled as he shook his head,before going in his apartment.

 

Jessi was trembling when she woke up. She didn't know why,but she was trembling/shivering non stop. She couldn't even relax all her muscles because she felt so sick. She couldn't even stop the trembling. Without noticing Sunggyu,she got up from her bed and slowly made her way to the toilet,still trembling.

When she went back to her bed,she gasped;still trembling. "S-s-sungg-gyu...w-what...a-ar-re you d-doing h-here..." she asked behind her shivering teeth. Sunggyu stirred up from his sleep and his eyes fluttered open. "You're awake?" he asked as he stretched.

"H-how...d-did-..."

"Good grief you're shivering like hell! C'mon...get in bed if not the shivering won't stop. I've experienced this once and it was horrible. You need to wrap yourself like a kimbap." Sunggyu said as he wrapped the blanket around Jessi.

She was still shivering.

"Jessi,you need to listen to me carefully. You need to calm down,and try your best not to use any muscle. Not even an ounce." Sunggyu said as he stared into her eyes.

Jessi tried,but it wasn't easy when all your muscles are aching like hell. "I-I...I...can't..."

"Do you know what I tried to do when I was in your shoes the last time?" he paused. "I imagined that my crush was singing to me. Crush therapy. It sure calmed me down. I kept telling myself that,if I didn't calm down,my crush wouldn't sing. So I tried,and it kind of works...for like 10 minutes. After that I continued shivering,but then I soon drifted into a deep sleep." Sunggyu continued.

"And so...what i'm saying is...even though i'm not your crush,i'm gonna sing to you,to calm you down,just think of me as your crush,araseo?" Sunggyu smiled.

But you are...Jessi closed her eyes tightly as she tried to stop using her muscles. It felt so horrible that a tear escaped from the corner of her eyes. But that's when Sunggyu started singing.

 

"The moment i've always dreamed about break downs

And after everyone I believed would stay by me,leaves

I'm left alone

You,who came to me,who was full of loneliness and hurt

Can't you hold me

Can't you hold my hand

I need you now,I need you now

Please help me so that I can say goodbye to everyone and bid farewell with a smile

I need you"

 

By the end of Sunggyu's singing,Jessi has already drifted into a deep sleep and was no longer shivering. It took me 3 hours to finally stop shivering and sleep,but it only took her 5 minutes. Sunggyu smiled.

He stood up and looked at the kitchen table. There was practically nothing to cook. He hesitated for a while before he rushed back home and took some uncooked rice,soya sauce and fish. He ran back to Jessi's apartment and after a while,Myungsoo entered as well.

"Hyung do you know how to cook?" Myungsoo whispered.

"Of course I do." Sunggyu said as he looked at the uncooked rice. "Myungsoo,bring our rice cooker here."

 

After 1 hour,Sunggyu finally successfully finished cooking the porridge. He had to ask Myungsoo,he had to ask his aunt and his grandmother as well,because honestly,it was his first time cooking porridge,and he didn't want to ruin it because first,it's for the girl he loves,second,the girl he loves is really sick.

And so,he waited for Jessi to wake up. Again,he fell asleep waiting.

An hour later,Jessi grunted as she got up. She was no longer shivering,but she was starting to sweat,which was a good sign. It meant that she was recovering. She made her way to the bathroom with a headache. Gosh it having a fever.

"Sunggyu ya..." she said softly as she tugged his sleeves.

He immediately woke up. "You're awake already? Are you feeling better? Since you're not shivering now." he asked.

Jessi nodded silently before Sunggyu stood up and placed his hand on her forehead.

She flinched a little due to the sudden skin contact. "Your fever has gotten down. It isn't as hot as just now." he mumbled before he walked to the fridge and took out some medicine. He poured a glass of water and handed it with the pills to Jessi.

"Eat it if you want to recover. I don't think you would want to miss too much of school time since you don't like missing your dance steps. Right? I know you." Sunggyu smiled as he pointed.

"And plus I made porridge for you." he added. Even though Jessi was feeling horrible,she could feel her heart skip a beat. It was nice having Sunggyu take care of her,since he's her crush.

 

She put the spoonful of porridge in . She was disappointed that she couldn't taste anything because her taste buds was blocked. Then it hit her. How did Sunggyu manage to get in?

"How did you uh...know the passcode?" Jessi asked.

"Who sets their birthdays as their passcode? Sure they set it for network accounts but this is an apartment. It's dangerous!" Sunggyu exclaimed. "Fine fine. I'll change it." Jessi pouted as she ate her porridge.

 


 

Sorry it isn't that long. I'm like writing this in 1 am and my eyes are so tired and my mind isn't working well. Sorry if this chapter . And anyways,it was based on a real experience. I did have a fever like...4 days ago? And I had the shivering part too,AND IT LITERALLY FELT HORRIBLE. I'm gonna sleep now peepo. Goodnights! Don't be silent readers. Subscribe,comment or even vote! Saranghae guyzz~

-Mi Eun