Chapter 1

What's Important

"Ta-dah!" you said dramatically and held out the present. "Happy birthday!"
Yongguk smiled bashfully and took the present from you. "You didn't have to get me anything."
"Of course I do!" you retorted. "What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't get my boyfriend a birthday present?"
He chuckled and kissed your cheek. "Either way, you'd still be the best kind."
You rolled your eyes playfully and then clapped your hands. "Hurry up and open it already!"
Chuckling once more, he ripped off the wrapping paper and stared at the box in his hands. You bit your lip and smiled at the shocked expression on his face. "It's the one you wanted right?"
He looked up at you. "You shouldn't have."
"Yes, I should have." you told him.
"But this is.."
"Yongguk." you interrupted. "I want you to have it."
"It's too expensive."
You sighed at his protesting. "It's fine. I really wanted to get it for you. That way you can make music and DJ at the clubs just like you want."
He looked back down at the professional DJ software in his hands. Then you let out a frightened squeak when he threw himself at you, his arms wrapping around you in a tight hug.
"You really are the best girlfriend ever." he said.
You giggled and hugged him back before he pulled away. You watched as he turned the box over and read the back with an excited expression on his face. "Go on." you told him. "Let's see it."
He smiled at you before hurrying over to the table and sitting in front of his laptop. He quickly put in the cd and started installing the software. You watched him and thought he looked like a kid on Christmas with the way he was impatiently fidgeting in his seat.
You walked to stand behind him and draped your arms over his shoulders, "Happy birthday."
He reached up and ran his hands over your arms. "Best birthday ever. Thank you." he said.
"Well it's not over yet." you told him. "I'm going to start your dinner now."
"Is it...?"
"Yep." you replied. "Ramen."
His hands squeeze your arms, "What have I done to deserve someone as perfect as you?"
You smiled mischievously as you moved your lips by his ear. "I don't know what you did," you whispered, "But I know what you can do tonight to show how grateful you are."
You felt his body tense slightly before he quickly stood up and turned to you. He grabbed you and pulled you in for a rough kiss that had you .
"Why wait till tonight?" he huskily asked as his he left a trail of kisses down your neck.
Despite your body heating up, you tried to push the growing lust away. "What about dinner?"
He stopped and pulled back slightly so you could see the smirk on his face. "That can wait. You're what's important."
Feeling your heart flutter from his words, you didn't fight as he lead you to the bedroom.


"How do I look?" Yongguk asked you.
You looked him over in his black jeans, white button up shirt and black tie. "Hot." you confessed.
He blinked at you in surprise for a moment before chuckling. Then he turned back to the mirror and fixed his hair for the tenth time that night.
"You look great." you reiterated.
He glanced at you before sighing and nodding. "Yeah. Just nervous."
You walked over and adjusted the tie a little. "Don't be. You wouldn't have gotten the job if your songs weren't good enough." Then you smiled brightly at him. "Only a month and already you're a club DJ."
"Couldn't have done it without you." he cheesily said.
You shrugged. "I know."
He laughed and kissed your cheek. "The only thing that is I work nights while you work during the day." He frowned a little and gave you a concerned look. "You sure you're okay with this?"
"Yes." you reassured him. "This is what you've been wanting to do and I'd be a horrible person if I stepped in the way of your dream."
He wrapped his arms around you and hugged you tightly. "I really don't deserve you." Then he smiled at you. "On your days off though, you're going to come to the club right?"
"Yep. Have to see my hot boyfriend in action."
A gummy smile formed on his face. "And I need to show off my hot girlfriend."
You blushed a little and giggled before giving him a playful push. "Go. Don't want to be late on your first day."


A week later, you slipped on a dress and heels. Tomorrow was your first day off so you planned on spending some time at the club where Yongguk worked. You'd be lying if you said you didn't miss him. With him working nights and you working days, there wasn't much time left where you could spend time together. Even on the off chance that the two of you were home at the same time, your sleeping schedules were different. He slept during the day and you slept at night which still left no time to spend together.
When you got to the club, you instantly noticed Yongguk up on the stage. You watched him with a proud smile for a while before slipping in to the dancing crowd. You danced and enjoyed yourself for a while until it was time for Yongguk's break. You chuckled to yourself as he got off the stage and was instantly surrounded by groups of people, the attention making him blush shyly. It was like he was some sort of celebrity and everyone wanted to be friends with him. You made a mental note to about it as you worked your way over to him.
You stopped a few feet from him though when a girl latched herself on to him, pressing her overly exposed cleavage in to his arm. He shyly smiled at her while blushing harder and the girl giggled. You couldn't hear exactly what they were saying to each other over the music and crowd of people around you. His eyes found you then and you saw his face brighten. Gently pushing the girl off of him, he crossed the distance and wrapped his arms around you.
"You made it." he said.
"Yeah." you answered, still feeling a bit uncomfortable.
"Yongguk, who's the gorgeous babe?"
He turned to one of the guy's that had walked up to him and smirked. "My girlfriend." he answered proudly and then introduced you to the group, mostly regulars that Yongguk had befriended.
"Let's go find a table." one of the girls suggested.
You allowed Yongguk to steer you through the club and to a table surrounded by couches. You sat next to Yongguk and started chatting with a few of the people sitting around you. Your eyes couldn't help but wander around though and you more than noticed a few looks that some of the girls were giving you. Or the looks they were giving Yongguk.
You sighed and figured there wasn't much you could do about it. It's not like Yongguk was asking for the attention. The only thing you could do was stake your claim and hope they backed off. So you scooted over so your body was tightly pressed against his. He glanced at you with a small smile and draped an arm over your shoulders. When you puckered your lips, he obliged you with a kiss before going back to his conversation. Then you looked around and notice some of the girls sulk off or give you even dirtier looks. At least they got the message though.
You sat there until it was time for Yongguk to go back on stage for his second set but having worked all day was catching up to you. "I'm going to go home." you told him.
He pouted a little but must have noticed how tired you were. "Ok. Be safe going home."
"I will." you promised. "I'll send you a text when I get home to let you know."
"Good." Then he kissed you one last time before heading through the crowd and to the stage.
You watched as he got behind the stand and the crowd cheered as he got started. Seeing him on the stage like that, smiling and bobbing his head to the music he made. Watching everyone dance and cheer for him. You really were proud that he was living his dream. His eyes found yours for a moment and he made a kissing motion with his lips. You mimicked him before waving and walking out of the club.