A Hard Lesson

Brothers in Arms: Darkness Falls

 

I sat down at the table, staring at the small box in front of me.

 

“So, Minhyuk… do you have a plan?” Sungjae asked.

 

“Well… I don’t think we should overthink this.  We should get Hyoyeon to take us to the underworld and just confront the trinity,” I said.

 

“And then get burned to a crisp before we can even open Pandora’s Box… great plan.”

 

“Well, do you have any better ideas?”

 

“Well… no, not really.”

 

“Okay then, play the harmonium and summon Hyoyeon. I’ll go get our weapons ready,” I said, walking off into the other room.  Joon was sitting on the floor playing with his toy car.

 

“How did you get in here little guy? I always keep this door locked…” I wondered as I picked him up.

 

“Well it didn’t seem to keep me out either,”

 

I gasped and looked up.  There was a tall, blonde man staring at me with icy blue eyes.

 

“Who… who are you?” I nervously asked, holding Joon tighter in my arms.

 

“I’m Gackt.  I’m just here to make sure you and your friend weren’t planning anything… nonsensical,” he said with a sadistic smirk.

 

“Get out of my house… now,” I demanded.

 

“Fine fine, as you wish… but I do believe I’ll be taking a small souvenir,” he said, his eyes glowing white.  My grip on Joon loosened as he floated from my arms and into Gackt’s.  Before I could do anything he disappeared.

 

“Joon!” I screamed.  Sungjae rushed into the room.

 

“What happened!?”

 

“Gackt… he… he kidnapped Joon….” I struggled to speak clearly.  Gackt’s voice echoed in my mind.

 

“If you and your partner decide to try and kill us… I will rip your son’s head from his body,”

 

I screamed and punched a hole in the wall.  There was absolutely no way Gackt was going to get away with this.  As I stormed out of the room, Rain ran from his room with a confused expression.

 

“What’s wrong daddy? Did something happened to Joon? Because, if it did, I didn’t do it,” he said.

 

“Rain, daddy has somewhere to go okay? I’ll be back soon though, I promise,” I said, kneeling down in front of him.  I could hear Sungjae playing the notes of the harmonium.

 

“Are you going to leave me with Aunt Chaerin again? She’s weird!” he replied, crossing his arms.  I couldn’t help but giggle.  I patted his head softly.

 

“I’m sorry buddy. I will be back as soon as possible alright. I love you Rain,” I said, hugging him tightly.

 

“I love you too daddy. Can you make me cheesecake when you come home?”

 

“Of course kid,”

 

I felt a hand on my shoulder.  Hyoyeon was standing behind me.

 

“Sungjae told me what happened… we need to act fast,” she said.  I nodded.  Gackt was about to learn a hard lesson; never mess with a slayer’s family…