Don't Say Such a Thing

A Love from the Past
“This is your friend?” I nodded in response and looked at Jongup who curiously fiddled with my phone. “Is he…?’
     “He wasn’t raised with technology, so it’s kind of new to him.” I took the phone and turned it on for him, his face lighting up in amazement and enjoyment as he rapidly swiped his finger across the screen. I smiled softly at him.
     “How long is he staying exactly?”
     I bit my lip. “Well, um, his parents are, um, gone.” He looked at me and frowned before looking back at my phone. It was technically true, they were dead in this time period (unless they were some sort of immortals).
     “Poor kid!” My mother jumped to her feet and yanked my father to his feet. “He can stay as long as he needs.” She smiled at Jongup and ran to the kitchen with my father.
     “Daehyunnie?” A voice came from my phone and I felt Jongup shift quickly beside me.
     “I am Jongup,” he spoke to the phone loudly, turning it at all angles in search of the voice source.
     “Dammit, Jongup!” I snatched the phone and ended the call, sighing deeply.
     “What was that voice?” He tilted his head slightly.
     “It’s this girl that is borderline obsessed with me.”
     “Your girlfriend?” He frowned.
     “I don’t have one of those.”
     He smiled softly again and played with his hands. “That’s a relief.” I tilted my head questioningly and looked at him. He seemed to panic. “W-Well, you’re too young, right?” He smiled clumsily and began looking around the room. “What is this?” He asked, picking up the stapler from my father’s desk.
     I blinked. “Um, it’s a stapler. It keeps papers together.” He nodded and continued to look around for things to look at.
     “What do you boys want for dinner?” My mom came into the living room and smiled at Jongup.
     I shrugged. “Anything, but cheesecake for desert!” My mom rolled her eyes at me.
     “He gets a say, too, Daehyun.”
     He smiled. “Anything, thank you. Oh, and cheesecake!” She smiled and disappeared into the kitchen again. “What do you have for dinner in the future?”
     I laughed. “Whatever mom wants to make.” I ruffled his hair. “She only asked because you’re here.” He nodded and pulled me downstairs. “Let’s do something fun!”
     “Like what?” 
     He shrugged. “What do people do for fun now?”
     I hummed. “Eat, play video games, stalk each other on the Internet.” I smiled.
     “The Internet?” He frowned.
     “Don’t ask me to explain it, because it’s impossible.” He nodded.
     “Can you still show me?”
     I nodded and grabbed my laptop from under my bed, opening it and bringing up my browser, “It’s really complicated, but simple at the same time.” He nodded slowly. “If you… write something here,” I pointed to the search bar. “A lot of things will show up on the page. You can buy things, too. That’s what I do.”
     “If they’re on there, though, how can you get them?”
     “They send it to my house.” I chuckled. “I’ll buy you something.” I opened an online store and hummed as I looked at everything quickly. “Here!” I brought up a necklace and grinned. “I’ll buy this for you. It’s a diamond necklace.” He smiled at the picture it showed of a man putting it on his apparent wife. My cheeks began to heat up and I quickly paid for it. “It’ll arrive in a few days.” I smiled shyly.
     “Thank you, Daehyun-ssi.” He quickly pecked my cheek and looked around. “You sleep in this?” I nodded. “It’s comfortable! Can I sleep here?” I nodded slowly and watched as he became comfortable under my covers. “Sleep with me, please?” He smiled and stretched his arms out. I gulped and laid in his arms, wrapping my arms around his waist loosely.
     He cuddled closer to me and sighed softly, burying his face in my chest and humming. I blushed deeply and bit my lip, watching as he quickly drifted off into sleep. I gently brushed his hair out from his eyes and touched his cheek with my thumb. “Why are you so perfect?” I whispered softly, gently caressing his cheek. “This isn’t fair to me.” I sighed and repositioned us so we faced each other, his eyes closed and his mind being transported to a dream world, his dream world.
     I watched him closely, his eyelids fluttering slightly as he slept.  A boy from a different time period, would his dreams differ from a boy from my time period? Would they want and dream of different things, or would they want the same? Of course, settings and people would be different, but do their dreams show the same desires?
     My mom called for dinner and I gently nudged him, attempting to wake him. “Jongup-ah? Dinner is ready, let’s go eat.” He groaned lightly and turned away from me. I smiled. “Just like any other boy.” I slowly moved from the bed and went to the kitchen, telling my mother to save some dinner and desert for Jongup when he woke. I sat upstairs with my mother and father, lying when they asked me what I knew about him. They asked about his parents a lot, and I really only knew his mother’s face and voice, so I could only say how pretty she was.
     I finished eating and went back to my room where Jongup continued to sleep, my blankets wrapped tightly around him to keep him protected from the cold air that leaked through my windows and underneath my door. I sat on the bed slowly and gently brushed his bangs back, blushing at his peaceful look. "So beautiful..." I smiled and laid beside him, slowly and carefully wrapping my arms around his waist and letting him curl up against my chest.
     I hummed softly and his soft hair, occasionally twirling a few strands around my finger. His fingers gently gripped my shirt and he lifted his head, eyes half-lidded from drowsiness. He looked at me and smiled sleepily, his fingers loosening just a bit. "Daehyunnie," he whispered softly. "Saranghae."

*officially gives up on writing long chapters because I can never seem to do so anymore*

._. Sorry.

Hope you enjoyed this really short chapter u.u *rolls away*