-3-

Resplendent

               Dinner was surprisingly quiet. Everyone kept exchanging glances among each other just because Jaehwan was there. To make matters worse I ran into Hongbin on the way back from dragging Jaehwan.

Flashback....

     " Walk faster you !!" I yelled as I walked through the gate. I stopped in my tracks to see a man pointing a camera to my face. " Hello!!" he said removing the camera from his face grinning. " Hongbin!!" I said happily. I then heard footsteps behind me and turned to see a very tired and sweaty Jaehwan bending down panting.

" You.... should ...slow...down "  he said between pants and then got up to lock eyes with Hongbin. " What are you doing here?" Hongbin asked. " I was invited too " Jaehwan replied. " He didnt do anything to you did he Junae?" Hongbin asked. " No..not at all " I replied.

" Pfft...she was the one who brought me back here in the first place " Jaehwan said smugly.

" WHAAT?!!" Hongbin yelled.

" Is that true?" he asked me. I frowned and nodded regretting my actions.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

" Im done " I said getting up from the table and taking the dirty dishes to the sink. As I scrubbed my plate Eunji came up and stood beside me.

" So...." she began.

I grinned " I met him okay?" I said my eyes not leaving the dish in my hand.

" Good girl " she said patting my head.

" So how are you and Leo? Have you guys gotten.." I lowered my voice " ...Intimate?".

I got a smack on my arm in return " Pabo! thats none of your business! Although we do share a room here ".

I gasped " Yaaah!! " I squeaked as she laughed.

" Hongbin was really looking forward to seeing you by the way " she said.

I sighed. Each and every one of my friends had this notion that Hongbin was ' the guy' for me and so were constantly trying to hook us up. Dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with him hes THE PERFECT FLOWERBOY but...I just didnt see him as anything more than a friend.

" So how many rooms are in this house anyway?" I asked.

" About 5 I guess? " she said. " One for Taekwoon and I, Ravi and Miyoung, Hongbin and Hyuk and you ".

" what about Jaehwan?" I asked.

" Oh..thats what the extra room is for " she said in realization.

Well he was technically the extra.

        " GUYS!!!" Ravis voice rang through the hall. " Lets go grocery shopping tomorrow!!"

" YEAH!!" everyone except Jaehwan chorused. Ravi noticed this and remained silent.

" Um.. Jaehwan too right?" I asked going towards him and patting him on the back. He turned around to face me with a raised eyebrow. " Just p[ay along you " i said between gritted teeth pinching his back.

" Yeah...sure...I'll tag along " he said his voice going higher with every word as I tightened my hold on him.

" Guess we'll have to take the mini van then..." Ravi mumbled.

         The next morning everyone was up by 9:00 am ready to go...that is except for Jaehwan and I...

" This is all your fault!!" I yelled as we walked down the road leading to the supermarket. Im guessing the fact that two new guests entered the Cha house didnt hit the other guests, not to mention the fact that the others were probably pissed off because I decided to invite Jaehwan along.

" How the heck is this my fault? you overslept too!" he said.

" Your existence itself is your fault!!" I yelled.

" Y'know something Kim? You havent changed one bit " he said through gritted teeth.

" Good to know " I replied sarcastically.

" Did you call Wonshik?" he asked.

" Yeah...they said they'd pick us up " I said.

" Im tired lets sit down somewhere " he said as he looked around for a bench.

" No way you got us into this mess no way your getting out!!" I yelled.

" Again! How is it my fault? " he asked. 

" Screw you "

          Jaehwan then grabbed me by the arm and turned me around to face him. He held me by the shoulders and stared into my eyes, I could have sworn I'd never seen anything more menacing. " Stop annoying me Kim.." he said in a low voice. I averted my eyes and nodded in fear. He released me forcefully and walked ahead of me.

       Dont cry Junae...its just him being the he always is...I said to myself. Too late..the tears began to fall down my face. I crouched down on my knees and buried my face in my arms.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

3rd person POV

       " Come on Ki-" Jaehwan yelled but stopped when he saw Junae with her face buried in her arms. He rolled his eyes and walked towards her.

" Look we're wasting time " he said annoyed.

Junae wiped her eyes and got up to her feet " I'm okay now " she said as her voice shook.

' Yeah right...look at how red your eyes are ' he thought.

" Kaja " he said walking ahead of her.

 This was how Jaehwan treated her back at school. No mercy and absolutely no regrets for all the pain he had caused. Eventually as time passed she came to ignore that fact. As they walked down the sidewalk in silence Jaehwan felt a sudden urge to turn around and check on her. He glanced back at her and saw that her head was down, he stopped.

" Yah.."

She looked up at him with bloodshot eyes.

" Are you okay?" he asked.

She frowned " Im fine " she said walking ahead of him.

" KIM!" he yelled causing her to turn around.

He let out a sigh and said the three words he never ever dreamed of telling Junae EVER.

 

 

" Im really sorry ".

Junaes eyes grew wide as dropped open. She went towards him. Once she was close enough she pinched his cheek...HARD.

" OW!! What was that for?" he asked rubbing his cheek.

" Who are you?" she asked.

" What the- YAH!!" he yelled.

" Jaehwan is that you?"

" Look I..I feel bad for starting off on a wrong note and im sorry...I'll try not to hurt you again "

She looked at Jaehwan with concern as a goofy grin spread across her face " Thats not the Jaehwan I know".

" Look its been 5 years since you last saw me there  has...obviously been some changes " he said as a matter-of-factly as he ran his hand through his hair.

" Im glad " she said as he stopped running his hands through his hair. " Lets try to get closer neh?" she said smilling.

He nodded as he let out an embaressed grin. Junae then looked past him to see a mini van come into view.

" Looks like they're here ".

The mini van came to a screeching halt before us. Ravi looked at us from the drivers seat.

" Got stuck in traffic sorry about that. Anyways getin theres plenty of room!" he said.

Junae nodded and got in and sat beside Eunji. Jaehwan still stood outside staring at everyone embaressed.

" You too " Ravi said through gritted teeth.

It didnt matter if the invitation was nice or not because Jaehwan felt himself being dragged by the hand and was made to sit beside Junae. She smiled back at him and oddly enough he felt a blush creep up his cheeks as he mouthed a 'Thank you'

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Its been ages since I've updated this T-T

Mianhe yorobeun *bows*

So what did you think of this update? :D

Do let me know!

-kaze27