-1-

Resplendent

      The deafening sound of clapping rung in my ear making my heart beat 300 times faster. Yes it was time.I held onto the paper containing my farewell speech tightly and made my way towards the stage. I crossed the smiling faces faces of all my close friends Wonshik, Hakyeon, Taekwoon, Hongbin, Eunji and Sanghyuk. I was too busy smiling at them in happiness to notice a polished black shoe pop out from among the crowd. I tripped over it and fell on my face, my graduation robe had flown up and so had my skirt. " Hehe...nice underwear Hello Kitty " an evil voice sneered in my ear. It was then I realized..I had just flashed my undies to the entire school. Tears streaming down my face I turned around to see the sole cause of my humiliation.

Lee Jaehwan.

___________________________________________________

     " OH GOD NO!!!!!" I yelled as I woke up from my slumber.

I rubbed my eyes in annoyance ' Same dream again ' I thought to myself.

I had been having different versions of the same nightmare everyday and in every single one of them i somehow managed to flash my to the entire student body. One of THE most embaressing situations I've ever been in, I remember being so thankful that I'd never have to see that bastards face again. I checked the time on my clock 8:00 am, I had a flight to catch at 12:oo. I dragged myself out of the bed and let my feet carry myself to the bathroom. I switched on the light and caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror. " Guess that facial helped " I said running my hands across my face. My eyes then fell on a small picture sitting beside my facewash collection.

      A fat teenager with big glasses,pimples,greasy hair and braces was smiling back at me. No wonder that bullied me so much i looked like a total loser then. Guess college and work really do change you. I lost almost 40 pounds ,dyed my hair brown and switched to contact lens. I wasnt considered as a very pretty person according to my colleagues ( they were all white). I took a nice long bath wore a tan coloured trenchcoat, black tights and ankle length boots. I then picked up my suitcase and left my apartment,

I was going to Seoul.

________________________________________________

 

         I watched the sky scrapers of NY literally fly past me as I travelled in the cab. I arrived in the airport and completed all the necessary tasks such as immigration and checking and made my way to the waiting hall. I checked the time on my watch 11. 25 am, I let out a sigh and rummaged through my bag to find my headphones.

" Attention passengers aboard the flight to Seoul..." the intercom rang.

I looked up from my handbag confused.

"...departure time has been preponed to 11.30.."

" WHAAT?!!" I yelled in shock and ran towards the boarding area.

        I heaved a loud sigh as I ran towards the plane getting ready to take off, trust me it wasn't easy. Aside from the fact that  it was blazing hot ( so much for wearing a trench coat ) it was really windy at the same time. As I ascended the staircase leading to the plane I heard a voice call out.

" My lyrics!! Please catch them!!"

      I then turned around to see a number of papers flying through the air. As I reached up to catch them they slipped past my fingers and flew into the spinning turbines that crushed it into nothingness. I watched as my mouth hung agape when yet another voice rang in my ear.

" Sir, Maam the doors will be closing now "

" NOOOOO!!!!!!"

______________________________________________

                I was placed in a seat next to the poor guy who lost his lyrics while the plane took off. Once it was in the air I turned to look at the man beside me. He wore a black turtleneck and jeans, his eyes were covered by coolers and his head with a beanie. " Um..." I began to say when he turned to look at me. " Im sorry about your lyrics..." I said apologetically.

" Ah...dont sweat it I can write lyrics anytime anywhere " he said shaking his hand.

" So..are you a songwriter or something?" I asked out of curiosity.

" A singer actually..." he said giving a small smile.

" Cool!! So what are you called?" I asked/exclaimed.

" Call me Ken " he said.

" Ken " I said smiling.

" So whats yo-"

" Excuse me maam " an air hostess interrupted. " Your seat in the first class cabin is ready " .

" Oh well I gotta go " I said getting my suitcase " It was nice talking to you Ken ".

" First class huh? So what are you a Ceo or something?" he asked laughing.

" Ah..aniyo!! Im an advertising agent " I said grinning as I followed the air hostess who was ushering me to my seat.

               I sat down in my seat and switched on my phone. I grinned as I looked at my wallpaper which was a self camera picture of my friends and I with different parts of our faces squished into the small screen. I grinned as I remembered the reason I was going to Seoul, Hakyeons wedding. He was gonna marry his girlfriend of 4 years Jisoo. A lot had changed since I'd left to the US for studies for one thing Leo( Taekwoon) and Eunji started dating and Ravi(Wonshik) got a girlfriend named Miyoung, Hyuk( Sanghyuk) and Hongbin were majoring in Architecture and photography respectively.  My friends were the only reason my high school life was bearable otherwise it was just plain torture thanks to a certain guy named Lee Jaehwan.

           Lee Jaehwan, memories of him calling me fat, pushing me into the pool during prom and stepping on my glasses during sports day flashed through my mind. As I remembered those horrid moments a sharp pain shot through my head as tears fell down my face. I coaxed myself to breathe slowly and eventually fell asleep after a while.

________________________________________________

            I walked through the airport dragging my luggage behind me,popping a few berry flavoured jelly beans into my mouth every now and then, as I looked around I saw a familiar face come into view. A grin spread across my face, " HAKYEON!!!!" I yelled running towards him. He grinned and held out his arms as I gave him a tight hug almost breaking his bones. " I've missed you so much!!!" I said, I then looked up to see Hakyeon staring straight ahead. " What are you..." I said and turned around.

          " Ken? Hi!!!" I said smiling. Hakyeon looked at me in shock and back to Ken who slapped a hi-five with him. " Whats up man?" Ken asked. " W...wait you two know each other?" I asked surprised. " Yeah...Im surprised you know him too " he said. Hakyeon held an anxious look on his face.

           " So how do you guys know each other?" I asked. Hakyeon let out a sigh and whispered to me. " Junae please dont hate me for this..." he said holding his hands together.

I raised an eyebrow " Why would I-"

" Jaehwan you remember Junae right?" Hakyeon asked Ken.

Time seemed to stop my ears which just got free from the air pressure got blocked gain and the packet of jelly beans in my hand had hit the floor.

" W..what?" I said in surprise.

" Junae? who's that?" he asked.

" You called her differently uh...Kim, you called her Kim remember? " Hakyeon asked.

" K..K..KIM?!!!" Jaehwan yelled removing his coolers to reveal the bratty face I dreaded seeing for 3 years.

__________________________________________________

            " You guys arent gonna start fighting now right?" Hakyeon asked shielding himself. Before I could say anything Jaehwan spoke up. " Are you crazy? We're not 16 anymore!! right Kim?" he asked turning to me. I nodded confused.  Wait...how did Lee Jaehwan become so mature?, I honestly found it hard to believe.

           " Thank god...anyway I brought the mini van so  lets get going shall we?" Hakyeon asked walking ahead of us. I watched Jaehwan follow him and wondered if he had really changed. I knew it was to early to judge but I couldnt help but just wish he had really changed. He turned around to face me " You coming Kim?" he asked. I nodded and followed him. Unfortunately I didnt see the black converse appear before me, I tried to avoid it trust me I really did.

     " OHMYGOD!!! Junae!! are you okay?" Hakyeon yelled running towards me getting me up to my feet. I turned to glare at Jaehwan who shot us a deceptively innocent look " What?" he asked " she started it ". I rolled my eyes in return.

Some people never change do they?...

______________________________________________________________

 

Early update *wipes sweat off brow *

Do let me know what you guys think in the comments!! :D

Psst..I'll try my best to update soon <3 <3

-kaze27