02

To Make A Story

I rejoined the party holding onto HyungSik's hand. We went back outside with the others and HyungSik raised our interlaced hands.

"You confessed?" JunYoung asked him.

"I didn't have to. Addie did."

Kevin pulled me over to him and squeezed the life out of me.

"A party and boyfriend all in one night! My little sister is growing up too fast!"

"Kevin, quit being so dramatic." MinWoo said.

He took the words right out of my mouth. I tried to squirm free but Kevin wouldn't let me go.

"HyungSik, help." I whined.

Everyone helper pry Kevin off of me.

We all made our way back inside and went to do some dancing. HyungSik pulled me close and despite the loud and upbeat song that was playing, he danced with me like it was a slow song. It was like he had his own song playing inside his head. It made me feel so horrible. I was an awful person.

I got lost in my thoughts and next thing I knew HyungSik was twirling me over and I tumbled forward into Kevin.

 

"I've been calling your name. Were you in your own bubble of love?" He asked.  

I didn't know how to respond to him. I was still somewhat in my head. I just nodded and Kevin started to bring me to the door.

 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

 

"Home. You have a curfew."

Kevin never follows curfew rules. I didn't even know I had one. Since I never go out, I guess I didn't need one. My parents however never told me about a curfew.

I looked back at HyungSik who was talking with JunYoung. Was I that much in my head I didn't hear him say goodbye? I continued to watch him as Kevin led me to the door. Before I exited he looked over at me and smiled. He waved to me and I smiled to him, waving back.

On the way back, I thought about my story. I think I was going to start it over. Tell a story similar to mine and HyungSik's. Take bits and pieces and formulate my story like that.

I was taken out of my thoughts as Kevin started to talk to me.

"When did you start liking HyungSik? I've known he liked you for I think a year now. If you had just told me, then I could have hooked you two up."

I bit my lip and shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm not sure when. I just know I like him."

I don't think the guilty pain in my stomach would be going away any time soon.

"There wasn't a moment when you looked at him and just felt butterflies?"

I buried my head in my hands. How was I supposed to keep this up?

"What did I say?" Kevin asked confused.

"I really don't want to talk to you about relationships." I said.

"You wanted to ask for my help earlier. What's changed?"

I lifted my head and leaned it on the car window.

"I'm just tired." I lied.

Kevin chuckled.

"That's what you get for partying."

We reached our house and I hurried into my room. I took my notebook and looked at the story I had started. I wasn't that far into it. I ripped out the pages I'd already written on and stayed up as I wrote my new story.