03

To Make A Story

In the morning, I was awakened by my phone. I noticed that I had fallen asleep at my desk last night. Luckily my phone was right next to me. I didn't want to get up right now.

 

"Hello?" I said not bothering to check who had called.

"Addie were you still sleeping?" HyungSik asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just that it's noon."

I turned around to look at my clock and found HyungSik was right. I had slept in late. Why didn't Kevin wake me up?

"That's what happens when you stay up writing." I told him.

"You can sleep some more then. I just wanted to let you know I'd already planned to be with the guys today but tomorrow night we can go have dinner. Does that sound good?"

"It sounds great." I said trying to be excited.

The conversation ended there and I put my head down on my desk. I closed my eyes and thought about HyungSik. He really is a great guy. Why can't I share his feelings?

Instead of thinking of HyungSik I decided to focus on my story. I worked on it all day. I didn't get much done. However, you can't write a story in a day.

 

When I sat down with my parents and Kevin for dinner, Kevin said he had an announcement to make.

"I'm moving out." He said excited.  

I seemed to be the only one not happy about that. I sat there with my mouth hanging wide open while my parents started to clap.

"It's an apartment." Kevin explained. "I bought it though and I'm on my way to a life that is more then parties."

"Good for you." Our dad said.

"My baby is all grown up!" My mom said proudly.

"You can't leave." I said. "I'll miss you."

"Don't worry. I'm only a fifteen minute drive away." Kevin assured me.

That's too far.

"You act like fifteen is close." I said.

"I could have gotten the cheaper apartment but that was an hour away."

He spent more money to be closer. That was nice of him. Still, I don't want my big brother moving out.

"Won't you get lonely?" I asked.

"Nope. Siwan is going to live with me and I'm letting the guys drop by when they want. It's almost a place for us all."

"Is it a place for me when I miss my brother?"

"You and your boyfriend are more then welcome to stop by every now and then."

My parents eyes turned to me.

 

"Boyfriend?" They asked together.

"Someone didn't tell mom and dad about their new boyfriend." Kevin said with fake shock.

"Who is this boy and why haven't we been introduced?" My dad asked.

"You know him. It's HyungSik."

My mom got up from her seat and gave me a hug.

"I knew that you two would get together! It was just a matter of time." She said.

She knew we would get together?

"If it was any other boy, I'd have been mad that you kept it from us." my dad told me.

"I only got together with him last night." I said. "It's not like it was a big secret for a month."

After dinner was done, I joined Kevin as he started to pack his things. It was going to be weird once Kevin leaves.

"If your moving out, can I have your room?" I asked him.

It was bigger then the room I had. Seeing that he is older, it makes sense. It's not like my room was painted. So I think I deserve his room.

"Doesn't sound like your going to miss me."

"You said it yourself. You will be only fifteen away. I'll get used to it. Even sooner if I have your room."

Kevin shrugged his shoulders as he sat down on his bed.

"You'd have to ask mom and dad. It won't be mine."

I went to our parents and I was given the okay. I took out my phone and called the first person that came to mind. HyungSik.