01

To Make A Story

I checked myself in the mirror of the bathroom as my mom passed by.

"Your going out?" She asked surprised.

I was the daughter that stayed in on Friday nights. Kevin is usually the one who goes out and parties.

"Yeah. HyungSik is having a party." I said.

When he had called and asked me to go to his party for once, I didn't say hesitate to tell him yes. If I needed to live life with a boyfriend before I wrote about having one, then I saw no better candidate then HyungSik. He had no girlfriend and he didn't have his eye on someone. He was someone girls wanted but he said no to all. I've never seen HyungSik like that but I would try to if it meant I could write my story.

"Have fun then. I guess."

My mom walked away seeming to be confused. Understandable seeing as this is my first time going to a party that wasn't for a birthday. I just never saw a reason to.

When HyungSik arrived, he seemed shocked.

"You... Dressed up." He said.

"It's a party why wouldn't I?" I asked.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. I giggled at his lack of words.

"Come on. Let's go!"

I grabbed onto HyungSik's arm and led him out to his car. He smiled all the way to his house. When I asked him why he was so happy, he said he was happy I actually came.

"It's no big deal." I told him.

"But it is."

We walked inside to the party that was already going on. As soon I was in, I was engulfed in a hug.

"You came!" The very happy Siwan exclaimed.

I think he might be spending a bit too much time with KwangHee.

"Yes. For once I did."

I freed myself from his grasp as I looked around at my surroundings. People were talking and enjoying the music. Few people were actually dancing. I followed HyungSik and Siwan out back where my brother was and he was surprised to see me as were the other guys.

"My sister came to a party. That doesn't make sense." He said.

"I for one am glad she decided to have fun and not write about it." Siwan said.

I rolled my eyes and gave him a playful push.

"That book won't write itself." I told him.

"Speaking of which, I'm going to be in your thank you note at the end right?" DongJun asked with hope in his eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Contribute something to my book and we'll see."

I spent the first half of the party just having fun with the guys. Then as HyungSik came back with my soda, I asked to talk to him in private.

"uh-oh! HyungSik is in trouble." Heechul teased.

I rolled my eyes at his immaturity and took HyungSik with me to his room.

"Heechul was wrong right?" HyungSik asked sounding nervous.

It was actually kind of cute.

"Your not in trouble. I just wanted to ask you something and I didn't want the others to hear."

"Ask away." HyungSik said and leaned against his door.

I took a deep breathe and calmed myself down. Why was I so nervous? I was doing this for my story.

"I was wondering if by any chance you'd be my boyfriend?"

I was ready to hear the speech from him. That our friendship was too great to risk by going on. HyungSik just smiled at me.

"Boyfriend?" He asked.

I nodded and next thing I knew, HyungSik was crushing me in a hug.

"You don't know how long I've wanted you to ask that." He said almost sounding relieved.

"You've... Waited a long time?" I asked.

 

When I heard a yes from HyungSik, I hated my plan. I felt awful. As if I'd just dumped him. He had been waiting for this day. I just wanted a story.