chaper 3

perhaps love

Chapter 3

“Donghae-ah, I’ll go to the grocery. Take care of Yoobin for a while.” I told him.

“Should I drive you down there?” he asked. He’s what? He’s going to take me there? Wow.

“Anio. Just look after Yoobin.”

I took a bus going to the city. I went to the grocery in one town. It’s quite small; not like the groceries on the mall. I bought a lot of Yoobin’s favorite chocolate and cereal. For Donghae, I bought him carrot juice; his favorite.

As I was strolling in the aisles, I accidentally bumped onto a person.

“Mianhae!” I apologized immediately.

“Oh, it’s okay. I’m not hurt at all. Gwenchena?” she asked. I nodded. What a beautiful person.

“I’m Tiffany by the way.” She held out her hand to me.

“I’m ____. Nice to meet you.” I shook her hand.

“Are you by yourself?”

“Yep. How ‘bout you?” I asked.

“I’m by myself too. Well, this is a nice meeting for us.” She said while chuckling. I did too.

“You’re right. I hope to see you again here.” She nodded and we both parted ways. When I went home, the door was wide open and Donghae and Yoobin were sitting on the doorstep. Yoobin ran to me laughing gleefully while Donghae helped me with the plastic bags.

“Are you going to hold a party? You bought a lot.” he spoke.

“It’s for the week’s supply.” I answered.

We had our lunch and afterwards, we cleaned the whole house. As I was wiping the table, Yoobin tugged on my shirt and pointed Donghae outside.

“Donghae-ah, where did you get that motorcycle?” I asked him.

“It’s mine. My friend dropped by and left it here.” He was smiling while looking at the motorcycle. He grabbed a pail of water and soap. He began washing it. Yoobin tugged on my shirt again telling me to help him clean.

“Hey, Yoobin wants to help.” I said.

“Sure.” He answered. I grabbed another sponge and Yoobin was playing with the water hose. She accidentally sprayed water to him. He looked at her grimly that Yoobin whined and was about to cry. I looked at him telling he should not make her cry. So instead of getting angry, he sprayed me water and the both of us got wet. Yoobin laughed with her little voice. I hope she talks already but she’s close to talking. I’m close to money. Victory!!!

The day ended. After we put Yoobin to bed, Donghae and I would always go up to the roof and wait for 9 in the evening. The lights lit up again and we could see the sky closely. It never failed to amaze me even though I saw it many times. We would talk about our past lives and what our futures would be.

“I want to be a successful woman someday; with my own company, own family and lots of money!” I said.

“Is that what you want?” he asked. I nodded.

“What about you? What do you want for your future?”

“Hmm. I don’t really know.”

“C’mon! It’s free to dream big. Once I dreamt of being a billionaire. I know it wouldn’t happen but somehow it feels good to think about it.”

“Let’s try. I wanna be a… a great dancer someday.”

“Wow. Imagine your self dancing on the stage. People cheering and clapping their hands for you! Doesn’t that feel good?” I laughed. He closed his eyes and danced on the roof.

“Yeah! I could already hear the roaring of the crowd! Whoo!!!!” he laughed. “And I’ll bow to all the people who would come to my concert!!” he bowed gracefully.

“Yay!! That is so fun!!” I jumped on the roof.

“And I’ll hug the person who became the reason of my success!” he suddenly pressed his body to mine and crushed it tightly. *Closed eyes*

“Thank you! Thank you for encouraging me ____! I’ll never be this successful if it weren’t for you!!!” he said then he let me go. “Ah~ I wish it would happen.” He finally opened his eyes.

“I hope so.” I muttered.

“You know what… you’re the best friend I ever had. Better that my girlfriend.” He said.

Best friend? Is that it? I asked myself. Silence brought us staring at the park.

“Donghae-ah,” I spoke after. “Are you willing to go back to you girlfriend?”

… now that I’m feeling something here inside me.

“Hmm. As you said, everyone deserves a second chance.” He put his arm to my shoulder. I could smell his sweet scent. “And this time, everything will be perfect and no one can stop me from doing my thing.” He smiled widely.

What if I stop you? But no! I’m just his guide. Honestly, I didn’t realize that I would like him like crazy. I always thought I’d be the one who’ll make him happy. Now that I’m doing it, the happiness I gave him will benefit to another person. That hurts! *whine*

“How about you ____? Isn’t there someone who makes your heart beat?” he asked.

“Hmm. There is one. He is the first person to make me feel this way. But I think he won’t like me anymore for he loves someone already.” I said sadly.

“Well, good luck with that. I hope he notices you.”

What?! I thought he’s going to help me fall in love with him. Aish! So annoying. I saw the stars disappeared for the first time. Every night it comes out suddenly. But now, they refused to show up.

Yoobin woke up to find me. From the look on her face, she wanted to sleep with me so I didn’t refuse. As we went to her room, she was holding Donghae’s hand.

“What do you want?” he asked. She looked at him.

“Sleep with us.” She seemed to say.

“Yoobin, he has his own room. Let him sleep.” I told her. But she whined as if begging to me.

“C’mon! Anyway, we’re just friends. What’s up with that?” he smirked and went inside.

Stop it Donghae. You’re hurting me.

Tears rolled down my cheek drop by drop. I looked at the ceiling –with glow in the dark stars above - wishing Donghae never said that. I never thought it would hurt like this. Yoobin was between us. She hugged my hand- pleased to know that I’m with her. Donghae fell asleep quickly. I guess I’ll put on a mask tomorrow; to show that I’m okay and nothing like this ever happened.