But Erika's Not Your Usual Girl

Sweet Holiday

Min Hyuk held a party in his parents' house because it was his birthday. His parents were not around, just his aunt. Shin Hye helped in cooking because it was also her birthday gift for Min Hyuk.

Meanwhile, during the actual celebration, his aunt went to a relative's house for the night, leaving Min Hyuk alone with his friends. But because Min Hyuk was a party guy, he brought along some of his flings from school.

"Annyeong, Hyukkie?" Krystal greeted flirtatiously.

Jong Hyun and Jung Shin scoffed to hear Krystal's annoying voice. The other girl, Woori, smirked as her frenemy flirted with one of the hottest boys in school. Jong Hyun and Jung Shin were hot too, with the latter getting more fan girls than the former. 

"Annyeong?" Hyukkie greeted before giving Krystal a kiss on the cheeks.

Meanwhile, as the sounds blasted over the radio, Shin Hye brought out the food from the kitchen and brought it to the dining room. She called on the other guys and dthe two girls, who went to the dining room to eat. Meanwhile, Yong Hwa and Hong Ki came, bringing along Erika. When the two es saw Hong Ki, they scoffed, thinking that the nerd should not be there to start with. When they saw Erika, they raised their eyebrows. Surely, this white girl already had a taste of Jong Hyun, who was more flirtatious than Min Hyuk.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Erika greeted everyone politely.

The two girls saw how the rest of the guys acted around Erika. But Erika was very formal and dignified, like she could be a long-lost sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cabridge. The way she interacted with Min Hyuk made the other girls jealous of her.

Later on, while everyone was having fun, Jung Shin turned up the volume of the radio because house music was on. All of them went to the living room and used the space to dance, like they were having their own disco. Min Hyuk began to dance flirtatiously with Krystal and Woori, while Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were having their own dance at the corner. Jong Hyun and Jung Shin were monkeying around, while Hong Ki just sat in the corner with Erika.

"Hey, why don't you dance?" Hong Ki asked Erika.

"It's not my thing," she confessed.

"Why not? It's fun!" Jung Shin answered, for he heard her.

Jong Hyun held out his hand, and Jung Shin too, but Erika took Jung Shin's hand because he looked harmless. The three of them danced on the dance floor in a non-malicious way, unlike the dance that the es did with Hyukkie. However, when Hyukkie saw his ideal girl dancing with his friends, he became jealous. He did not know that Erika, too, was jealous that he managed to dance dirty with some rowdy girls.

"I... I don't like that type of guy for a boyfriend," Erika thought. She prefer someone like Hong Ki who was responsible. "Why did Min Hyuk have to dance like that around with girls?"

Krystal rolled her eyeballs to see the Caucasian dancing with the other guys. She thought that Erika, being white, should be a party girl who loved to drag men along and be dragged along by any men. But she was wrong! Erika was not that type of girl.

After the party, Jung Shin offered to take Krystal and Woori home, for they were neighbors. Yong Hwa accompanied her home, and Jong Hyun went home alone.

"Take Erika home," Hong Ki said before going away.

The two of them got awkward as Min Hyuk accompanied Erika to the house where she resided. Silence filled the place, but Min Hyuk spoke up first.

"You dance well," he said.

"I really don't dance," Erika said. "I am more into the coffee shop type of girl, with books and stories and poems to accompany me. If I want to have a good time, I just sing."

After the silence, Erika confessed she was jealous, and it shocked Min Hyuk. He had never heard a girl confess in front of him.

"You like me?" he asked.

Erika nodded, unabashed. Though she could be demure, she was honest with her feelings. She thought that because most men don't want to read the ladies' minds, she had to tell hers.

A smile errupted on Min Hyuk's face.

"Wow... I didn't know you also feel the way that I do," he said. "I got jealous also seeing you dancing with my friends."

But he was not able to tell all, for Erika grabbed the lapel of his shirt, leaned forward, and gave him a kiss on his lips. Min Hyuk was shocked to be kissed like that in the middle of the road, but nevertheless, he kissed her back, with all the feelings he had been keeping since the first day he met her.

 

~~~~~