That Awkward Moment When...

Sweet Holiday

Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun? Mianhande, I just got busy again. Thank you so much for your patience, and I value it so much. Anyway, here's the continuation to "Sweet Holiday." Enjoy!

****

Min Hyuk was trapped in his own fantasy world while looking at the Caucasian woman. She was radiant and confident, and he was... not one to be emulated. All he knew was that his English was naturally good so he can converse with her fluently.

In the middle of the poem reading, Min Hyuk suddenly interrupted.

"Excuse me, Miss," came his flawless English.

Everyone, including the Caucasian woman and Shim-seonsaengnim, turned around. Hong Ki, who was at the counter, paying for a book, turned to see his cousin making a scene. The people near the piano saw a very chinky-eyed guy who slightly raised his hand. Shim-seonsaengnim fumed to see his student, but the Caucasian woman looked with interest.

"And you are?" she began to ask.

"Kang Min Hyuk," Hyukkie replied. "I am Kang Min Hyuk."

The woman smiled. "I'm Erika Dixon."

"Erika-ssi's name is like a poem," Min Hyuk spoke, while the crowd hissed. They thought of him as some kind of a nut.

"A poem?" Erika replied with a smile.

"Yes, a poem," the Korean lad replied. "The name is pleasing to the ears."

The Caucasian woman replied, "For a Canadian woman like me, your name is like snow on a summer night."

"Waeyo?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Because it sounds unique," she replied.

Hong Ki gingerly approached his cousin and pulled him by the sleeves. If the woman Erika was the same Erika that was Shin Hye's BFF, then it is a must to let Shin Hye know that his cousin had fallen for the new girl.

Oh great!

"Min Hyuk-ah, gaja," Hong Ki whispered. Then, to the people, "Joesonghamnida... joesonghamnida..."

Shim-seonsaengnim uttered out loud, "Kang Min Hyuk-ssi, this poem reading session is paid by the hour, and we do not want interruptions. If you are looking for girls to flirt with, do it outside."

The people in the poem reading session laughed heartily, making Min Hyuk embarrassed.

"Gaja~~," Hong Ki encouraged him.

Min Hyuk waved Erika goodbye, and the Canadian woman did too.

"Well, I hope to see you again," Min Hyuk said before the nerdy Hong Ki managed to pull him out of the door.

****

Outside the bookshop, Hong Ki wiped his brow.

"You have me embarrassed there," he told Min Hyuk in frustration. "Mwo haesseo? Mwo saenggakhasseo (What were you doing? What were you thinking)?"

"I... I fell for that girl," Min Hyuk replied.

"I will have to tell Shin Hye about that," Hong Ki threatened him before walking away.

"Shin Hye?" Min Hyuk voiced out in confusion.

When he remembered that Shin Hye's friend was a Canadian who loved books, he shouted at his cousin to wait for him and not to tell Shin Hye about it.

"Let me," Min Hyuk promised him.

"Tsh..." Hong Ki replied. "Gaja."

 

~~~~