Turning Over A New Leaf

Sweet Holiday

Min Hyuk was so in love with Erika that he was willing to change for her, but she told him that he should do it for himself. He started to study hard and skip skating whenever school time is still up, and he often taught Jung Shin how to find his own self-confidence. He started engaging himself in reading Reader's Digest first before going to reading newspapers seriously. And that meant that he read not only K-pop news.

However, time came for Erika to finally go back to Canada, making Min Hyuk dolorous. Just when he had fallen in love, the apple of his eye would be taken away from him.

"I wish you could stay here and study," Min Hyuk said to her.

"I'm sorry, Min Hyukkie, but I really had to go," she told him. "Being with you is the best memory that I can bring back to Canada."

Loving someone, letting go... Not a sweet holiday.

"Ara~~" Min Hyuk said thoughtfully.

"I'll call you," Erika told him before giving him her Skype ID.

He also gave his Skype ID and his Kakao ID, as he preferred using Kakao over Skype. Good thing, Erika also liked Kakao because she was following Big Bang.

At the airport, Erika bid him and her newfound friends goodbye. As she waved her hand, Min Hyuk's mind went into a series of recollection:

When he first saw her at the bookshop, reading a poem.

When they exchanged verses at the bookshop.

When Erika ate with them for the first time.

When Erika read to him the Haruki Murakami classics.

When they played music together at Hongdae.

When he jealously looked on at Jung Shin and Jong Hyun for dancing with Erika.

And lastly, their first kiss together.

But before Erika could even go in the departure area, Min Hyuk ran up to her and gave her another round of kiss. Everyone, even Shin Hye, was shocked. Erika never shared to her that she and Min Hyuk had their kiss already. And the perceptive Hong Ki and Jong Hyun did not know that Min Hyuk already had confessed to Erika, though he was very obvious.

"Goodbye, Girlfriend," Min Hyuk whispered.

Erika smiled sweetly. Of course, she liked Min Hyuk, and wanted no one but him. Even for that short encounter, someone had stolen her heart away.

"Saranghae, Boyfriend," Erika whispered back.

Both exchanged hugs, thus earning them howls and cheers from their friends. And so, finally, Erika bid them goodbye, and Min Hyuk looked at her back sadly as she went away.

****

Long distance love was hard, but they found time to still communicated. And despite the short encounter that they had been together, that short time was sweet and memorable.

Like sweet candy.

Like tea and honey.

It was a sweet holiday.

 

*END*

~~~~~

Yeoreobun! Thank you so much for taking time to read this short fic of mine. I was planning to write a Jung Shin fanfic after this, but I guess I will have to postpone it.

Up next, another YongShin fanfic! ^_^

I miss writing YongShin fics. <3

Thank you for reading my fic. Gamsahamnida! ^_^

 

~~~~