Past: The Fates

Present Past

The people of Argos were infront of the King of Argos' palace waiting for the new-born baby to be shown.

Inside the palace, the queen was beaded with sweat  safely giving birth to their first born baby, beside her was the King,

tightly holding her hands. "I can see it!! Its head!! push more!!!" the midwife was talking to the queen, even the midwife 

was tensed and at the same time nervous.

 

 

" this is their first born, If I fail on getting the baby out of her mother's womb, My head shall be cut off"

She tried so hard to encourage the queen to push mor, the midwife felt hope when she saw the baby's head 

coming out, she will not be killed. she thought. "My queen!! A little more!! push!!" the Queen screamed in agony.

Atlas!! the baby was out, she immediately cut off the cord that's connecting the baby to her mother. The midwife craddled

the baby, she asked for water and cloth to wipe the blood clean. She gently patted the baby's bottom so it would start to cry.

The King thanked the Gods for keeping his wife and child safe. The Queen felt delighted for they have now a child.

 

 

The Midwife was happy because she successfully have assissted her queen giving birth to the princess of their Land.

yes, It was a princess. She patted again the baby's bottom but still... There were no cries heard from the baby. 

She leaned close to the baby's nose, The child wasn't breathing. She leaned her ears to the child's chest. Gods. 

The child was dead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, She heard the King and told her to bring the child  to them. Her heart raced. What have I done?. 

My head will be cut off, I will die mercilessly by the King's own hands. This time the King's voice was stern.

She gulped. Seeing Her lady's  happy face seeing the child was unbearable. The Queen's smile dissolved.

There were hurt and questions in her eyes. The King seemed to took notice of that. He too, the King was surprised. 

She took the courage to look into the Royal Highness' eyes, there were a hint of fear and sadness in the midwife's eyes.

The Queen sobbed, She covered her face with her hands, the King was deeply sorrowed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Outside the palace, the people were waiting. Waiting for nothing. 

then the people started jumping into theories and conclusions.

Are you sure that this will be the day the baby will be born?

Is the baby? ...

 

 

 

 

The clouds turned gray, The sound of  laughing voices  echoed to the whole land. 

green smoke traveled to the ground. The people were terrified, they ran back to their houses and slammed their houses shut.

The laughing voices and the green smoke traveled its way to the King's Castle. In every place they passed, the plants wilted. 

Flowers died. The laughing voices was going louder and scarier as they went closer to the palace. Even the Palace Guards had no chance.

Moirai.