Event

Skinship

EXO was finally on a hiatus. While most of the members went back home to spend time with thier family, Kai spent a few days planning an event for his leading lady. He felt bad that he hadn't seen her much in the past few weeks. He'd usually get a smile in the morning before she had to leave for class or he'd wake her up deep in the night when he'd make a dip getting in the bed. Tonight, however, he planned a whole night dedicated to just them. He checked the time, and calculated that she'd be getting home in fifteen minutes. He hurriedly laid down a formal dry cleaning bag, a shoe box, and a card on the bed. Knowing her, she wouldn't take too much time to get ready. He rushed out the front door and headed over to the venue. 

...

She got home a few hours later than usual because of traffic. Knowing that Kai would be waiting for her, she excitedly walks into the front door only to be left dissappointed. She searches his favorite spots where he likes to hide and scare her, but he's not there. She walks into the bedroom and finds the presents that Kai left on the bed. She reads the card first, and it reads:

Get dressed, and meet me at our secret place. Manager hyung will be there to pick you up at 6 -K

She disregards Kai's demand, and tries to think of what "secret place" he's talking about. She s the bag and lifts the lid off the shoe box. A smile spreads on her face as realization hits her. For the first time in their somewhat short relationship, he's planned something romantic. She looks at the digital clock on the bedside table. It's red numbers are screaming at her, telling her that she only has thirty minutes. She quickly gets rid of her lazy clothing and puts on the dress and heels that Kai meticulously prepared. At exactly 6, a knock is heard at the door. She finishes off her look with a quick brush through her long brown hair, and heads out. 

The drive takes longer than it should, but when the car starts to make circles around a building, she realizes that the manager is just trying to give Kai a bit more time. She doesn't mind having the extended time to calm her nerves. The car finally gets to a complete stop, and she makes her way into the building and follows the fake red carpet trail. Taking a deep breath, she enters the room to find Kai's backside. The door makes a creak and he turns around to take a look at his beautiful lady. She makes her way towards him and asks, " Do I look alright?"

He smiles and nods, "You look wonderful." 

He takes her hand and leads her to her seat at the table for two. He lifts up the lid to her plate of mandu. "I helped Kyungsoo," he says, which explains why the wrapping looks messily done. She laughs and waits for him to get seated so that they can start eating. They share a few knowing glances at each other. Not needing any words, they know how each other is feeling at the moment. When they finished eating, Kai stands up and holds out his hand to her, "Care to have a dance?'

She takes his hand, and gets out of her seat. He leads her out to the floor and with a snap of his fingers, their song starts playing. He puts her hands around his neck, and brings his hands to the sides of her waist. They sway in rhythm to the song. As the next song plays, Kai wraps his arms around her, bringing her closer. She closes her eyes and lays her head on his chest softly whispering, "What's all this for?"

He takes a peek at her gentle face and sighs, "Just because. You deserve something like this once in a while."


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRI!! The last couple of chapters will come later today c: