First

Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one is up!

Enjoy!

Author POV

 

Did we really love? Or was it just a long war?

At the tangled memories, I smile and cry.

More than any of the good memories with anyone else, I miss the times I spent with you.

I want you so I’m stewing in sickness.

 

“You have to know that no matter what, I’ll always be yours and you will always be mine and mine only.”

 

“That’s too cheesy..”

 

“I don’t care! Don’t you remember our promise?”

 

“I remember, okay? Us against the world.”

 

“Us against the world!”

 

“Yeah, Us. Us against the world..”

 

 

Dara woke up with tears continuously falling from her eyes. Again. For the countless time.

 

“I hate this..” Dara mumbled as she wiped her tears away.

 

This is her new daily habit. Every morning she wakes up with tears falling and and she doesn’t know why. She doesn’t have any idea.

 

Dara sat up for awhile on her bed and do some little stretching. She turned her head from left to right, Up and Down and another little stretching to start her busy day.

 

She stood up and headed towards bathroom to brush her teeth and take a quick bath. After she get dressed, she walked to kitchen, She took out her milk from fridge and pour the milk to a big glass. She reached some breads and jam from her kitchen’s cupboard for her breakfast.

 

Dara is chewing her food slowly as she look around her house. Her family’s house.

 

She found no differences with the others day. It was same. Empity. Only her and just her presence.

 

Took a bite for the last time, she empitied her glass of milk and went to living room.

 

As she passed the corridor she smelled the familiar scent; the scent she loves the most. Fresh Rose.

 

She has a glass house beside her small park on her house. Her mother loves flowers and plants so much. On her mother’s funeral day, There’s so many flowers decorated beautifully beside Dara’s mother and father coffins.

 

Dara smiled weakly. She missed them so much.

 

She’s about to turn the TV on but she caught the Big photo frame nailed on the wall.

 

Dara reached the frame, swept the little dust and put it on her lap. She smiled widely as she saw the picture.

 

It was a photo of herself with him. Him, the guy she missed so much right now.

 

Dara heaved a weak sigh. “Seunghyun…” She rubbed her tumbs on the picture. “I miss you Seunghyun… So much…”

 

Choi Seunghyun, or Seunghyun for short was Dara’s childhood friend. When she was just 8 years old, her parents died and left her on relative’s house and Seunghyun is their one and only child. At first, Dara was scared to play with Seunghyun because those cold looks he gave her everytime Dara tried to approach him, But later on, she found out the reasons behind those cold treatment that Seunghyun gave her.

 

*Flashback*

 

The 8 years old Dara crying messily, Mrs. Choi walked to her slowly and hugger her tightly.

 

Mrs. Choi rubbed Dara’s back comfortingly as Dara cried harder. “Dara honey, what happened?” She asked her softly and gently.

 

“Mama choi.. Tabi is keep on glaring at me.. I’m so scared.. what did I do, mama choi?” Dara answered and asked her back. Mrs.Choi Kissed Dara’s head as she pick her up from the ground. She stared at her son who was fiddling his fingers on his big shirt.

 

“Don’t cry my baby, I will ask Seunghyun about that. You didn’t do anything bad baby, stop crying..” She shushed her, Dara nodded like an obedient child she is and held Mrs.Choi’s shirt tightly.

 

Mrs.Choi patted her son’s head softly. “Seunghyun, why did you do that? Why are you glaring at her awhile ago? Did Sandara do something wrong, baby? Tell me..”

 

Seunghyun shook his head. “No mommy.”

 

“It’s okay, just tell me..” Mrs. Choi assured her son.

 

Seunghyun looked up and bit his lips. “Mommy, Dara didn’t do anything wrong.. it’s just that I..”

 

“Yes?”

 

“She said she likes me and I’m about to kiss her but she ran away… I got tired and maybe she felt guilty but it’s too late already I got upset at her. She’s lying mommy! She said she likes me…” Seunghyun whined. Mrs.Choi laughed softly.

 

Dara puffed her cheeks. “Tabi-ah I’m not lying! I really like you but I don’t want you to kiss me! You just ate a chocolate look at your lips! It’s sticky and dirty! I don’t want to!”

 

“How dare you!? You lied to me!!”

 

“Andwaeyo!”

 

“Sooo, is Seunghyun likes Dara too?” Mrs. Choi finally speak again. She put Dara’s down as she held Dara and Seunghyun’s hand.

 

Seunghyun stared at Dara. “No!”

 

“Eeeeh!?” Dara whined. “Mama Choi! Tabi is being mean again! He wants to kiss me it means he likes me too, right??”

 

Mrs.Choi laughed again. “Aiigo these two… Listen up, Seunghyun tell me first, why are you keep on glaring and Dara and treat her cold? Tell me.”

 

“It’s because Dara keep on lying! She said she---“

 

“I told you I like you, Tabi!!” Dara screamed again.

 

“Then let me kiss you!!”

 

“NO!”

 

Mrs. Choi stifled her laughs and hugged them both. “You two are loving each other, you know?” Dara and Seunghyun stared at her. “Dara, He did that because Seunghyun didn’t know how to express his feelings.. Seunghyun is a shy guy, but she likes you too, You have to know that..” Mrs.Choi explained. “And he was just being overprotective to you, because Seunghyun is jealous when you and Donghae, the guy who put a little crush on you holding hands.”

 

Seunghyun is blushing, he tried to cover his face. Dara smiled at mrs. Choi and then Seunghyun. “Tabi ah, Donghae was my friend, I don’t care if he has a little crush on me. You know I only like you and only you..” Dara cutely held his hands and swung it with hers.

 

Seunghyun smiled at her and hugged her. “But Donghae said to me he’ll kidnap you away from me…” He pouted.

 

Dara’s eyes widened cutely. “Really?” He nodded.

 

“Then Tabi should promise me to protect me from any bad guys!” Dara offering her pinky fingers to him. Seunghyun smiled and took her fingers with him. “Then Dara should promise me too to stop calling me Tabi and stop being near with those fugly mean guys!”

 

“EEEH! But Tabi is cute, Tabi!” dara trailed. “And my friends aren’t fugly, they’re handsome and pretty!”

 

“No! My name is Seunghyun or you can call me TOP! Not Tabi!” He growled. “And NO! They’re ugly! I’m the only one who got a handsome face here! Only me!”

 

“You conceited! I will always call you Tabi!”

 

“Then I will call you Ssantokki!”

 

“I’m not Ssantokki!”

 

“Ssantokki, ssantokki, ssantokki!!”

 

“MAMA CHOIII!!” Dara whined and runs to Mrs.Choi again, making Mrs.Choi laughs crazily with little Dara and Seunghyun’s cuteness.

 

*Flashback end*

 

Dara chuckled softly as she remembered their memories. She was nothing but a crybaby back then and He was nothing but an overprotective bully.

 

“He was overprotective but such a bully to me..” Dara wishpered to no one. “Aiigo, I really should call him and meet him! I miss him sooo much!” Dara whined. She stood up from sofa and reached for her phone.

 

Dara is scrolling her phone’s contact and found his name. She named him ‘Cutie Tabi’ on her contacts. “Cutie Tabi!” She chuckled and pressed the button. She’s hoping he doesn’t change his number.

 

Dara knows Seunghyun doesn’t know her number. Why? She changed her number about 1 or 2 years a go, and she forgot to tell him her new number. The last time they met was 3 years a go. That time, Seunghyun was struggling and concentrating on his study and work so he could be a doctor. Dara didn’t want to burden him or disturb him, so she decided to change her number and because of her dumbness, she forgot to tell back her new number to him.

 

But thankfully, he did it. He is now a famous Doctor of psychology from the biggest hospital on their town.

 

After two rings, He picked up. Dara felt so relieved. ‘I’m glad he didn’t change his number or I’ll be doomed.’ She wishpered to herself.

 

“Hello, This is Choi Seunghyun, the head doctor of psychology from Seoul National hospital, may I help you?”

 

Dara smiled softly as she heard his business tone. She just missed him. So much. “Hello mr.Choi, This is… Just call me Park. I want to talk about my problems to you, can we meet on the Monique café beside your hospital?” Dara asked him with different tone, she wants to surprise him.

 

“Mrs.Park? Okay I will check my schedule first.” He trailed for a minute. “Okay Mrs. Park we will meet Tomorrow at 2.00 P.M. Is it okay for you? That’s the only my free time..”

 

“It’s okay Mr.Choi thankyou, See you tomorrow.”

 

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter