Chapter Two

Nightingale

A/N: Heads up, I cried writing this. Fair warning. Fighting!


I pulled the tattered leather book from my bag and set it on the table in front of me.

“That must be that guy’s that just ran into you hyung.” Kyungsoo said staring at the book on the table, before shrugging, “I think Baek’s got class with him, just give it to him to deal with. Let’s go Jongin before we’re late to class. Again.”

I smiled as my little brother flashed me a smile before dragging his tan dancer behind him, leaving me alone in the empty library.

“Hyung, hurry up we’re going to be late.” I rolled my eyes at my lover’s emotionless nag.

“Calm down, love. Here, I found it.” I said pulling a small box out of my pocket; I smirked when I saw his surprised expression.

“Hyung, what’s this?”He asked (cutely, not that I’d ever tell him, I like my handsome face and plan to keep it) pulling a key shaped necklace out of his pocket.

I just smiled and winked before tugging him off to class as the warning bell went off.

It says the words I could never say.

The warning bell rang pulling me from my thoughts; I sighed and grabbed the journal heading towards one of the practice rooms in the music building.

I couldn’t help but open it to the first page, looking at the nightingale staring back at me, loopy handwriting, looking so much like his it made my heart lurch, scrawled in the center of the bird reading,

 I need a light to take me home.

I kind of need a hero. Is it you?

I’ve never seen the forest for the trees.

I could really use your melody.

Baby I’m a little blind,

I think it’s time

for

For what? “What is it time for?” I muttered to myself, a sudden memory invading my head making me freeze where I was.

∞∞∞∞∞

I raised my hand to knock on the wooden door only for it to be swung open and a middle aged woman throw herself into my arms weeping.

“I’m so sorry Kris. I’m so so so sorry!” She sobbed; I kneeled so I could look into her eyes, not fully understanding what was going on.

“Umma?” I called soothingly, “What’s going on?”

She opened to speak but another sob racked her body preventing any words from passing through her trembling lips. My heart broke at the tiny woman crying who’s been like a mother to me, before something dawned on me.

“Where is he?” I asked slowly. This is weird, ever since his dad left he was very protective of his mother, so why isn’t he out here now? Why isn’t he comforting her?

“Umma, where is he?” I repeated, a slow dread filling my body.

She looked at me with a tear stricken face and sniffled, pulling herself together and smiling a small sad smile.

“He’s gone Kris. My baby’s gone. Now, now he’s truly your Nightingale.”


A/N: I know it's super short, but that's because I'm about to update the second part, and I just thought that was a good place to leave this part. You know, this really took a weird turn, and when I read all of it again, it'll probably make no sense, but oh well! I hope you enjoyed, the second part of this chapter is on it's way! (:

You're a brave soul.

                                                                      -DoubleXX