Birthday Party

Selling My Marrow

boogie on & on - Beenzino

03. birthday party

Your POV

"Done." I smiled satisfied as I looked at Soojin's gift, wrapped in black and blue gift wrap paper. I took it with me and dialed Yoora's number.

"Jiwon? You done now?" Jo Yoora, one of my other friends asked and I nodded. "Just got done, and it's six by now. We should go."

"I'll come in no time." she hung up and so did I.

I looked into the mirror a last time and got my favorite black bag that matched my black heels with copped, silver studs at the back.

My black pullover was tight yet its sleeves were puffy and had a long cut from my shoulders down to my wrist, making my arms visible.

My pants were just some of my favorite ripped blue jeans.

I walked out of my house and down my little street, waiting there for Yoora to arrive.

A black Hyundai arrived my side and I glanced at it. I didn't know the car, but the window went down, revealing Yoora. "Hop in! It's a friend's car!"

I grinned and went in like told, looking at a girl with short green hair who was driving with a girl sitting next to her on the passenger seat.

-

We didn't chat a lot until we arrived and I already saw a big light coming our way. I grinned and held the gift close to my chest.

I hadn't partied with my best friend for about four months now, and I was more than excited to get drunk with my best friend again.

The second the car stopped I unbuckled my seatbelt. "Thank you a lot for taking me with you, girls!" I shouted and ran outside, seeing Soojin already coming my way.

"My favorite !" she shouted loudly.

"My loveliest hoe!" I screamed and fell around her neck, squishing her to death. We both squealed for some other seconds before we parted and I gave her my gift. "Here, hope you're happy."

She squeaked quietly. "I'm already happy that you're here! Thank you, baby!" she kissed my cheek and hugged me once more.

"What are we all going to do today?" I asked quietly and Soojin greeted some others while replying. "We're going to drink and eat here at my house, then go partying. I've rented a small hall in our favorite club and then we just enjoy the time!"

I clasped my hands and sat down while she told others and me she'd be right back. Blinking I sat in a lonely corner, looking Soojin's way as suddenly a guy appeared while Soojin stamped with her feet and jumped onto the young man, almost attacking him. 

"Hey, baby! Happy birthday!" he shouted and hugged her tightly, swinging her around while both of their eyes sparkled with love and joy. I bit the inside of my lips in distaste and tedium.

It was Lim Sungbin, also called Beenzino which was his rapper name in the underground, Soojin's boyfriend.

He was your average, not ugly, not beautiful looking guy. Of course, in Soojin's eyes he was perfect and her one and only angel.

There was always an adorable smile on his face beaming Soojin's way whenever he talked of her, thought of her or was with her. He was simply perfect for her, for her miserable life.

But me? I didn't like Sungbin, just for one reason: He was working and rapping in the underground. Underground people are s, nothing but s. Dealing with drugs and ing up their lives. I may not have the best life either, but at least I don't rip families apart.

I gulped hard at the thought and Soojin pardoned herself with a short peck on Sungbin's lips and waved shortly at all her friends.

Yoora came my way and I grinned at her. She put her pointer and middle finger to , signaling a cigarette and I nodded, following her.

Two other girls were standing already next to Soojin’s kitchen window, one of them smoking. I recognized them as the two girls from the short car ride.

“Yoora!” the one with the green hair smiled brightly, waving, and Yoora waved back just as wildly.

“One cigarette before we start eating?” the other girl with light brownish, long hair chuckled and both of us nodded.

Yoora lighted her cigarette while I was still searching for my box. I groaned and suddenly found a hand with a cigarette showing my way. The green-haired smiled at me. “Can’t find yours?”

“I remember putting them inside…It’s not like I’m cadging or something!” I blinked and she shifted the little tube in her hand. “Take it, you can continue rummaging later on.”

I thankfully took it and Yoora lighted it for me.

“You’re Soojin’s best friend Jiwon, right? She talks of you all day.” The other girl laughed and I nodded, exhaling the smoke. “Yeah, we’re pretty much like sisters…What are your names?”

“Kim Hyun Jung.” She answered and the green-haired smiled. “Call me KittiB.”
I blinked, obeying.

There was a small silence until KittiB looked at Hyun Jung. "Do you know if I have brought the stick over to Fana? Or Wegun?"

She simply shrugged, looking around. "Why should I know it? Also, they must be here as well, if not then they have to be in the club later on. Ask them."

Now green-hair was the one to shrug and she puffed a last time before snipping the cigarette away.

"Let's go, Jungie." she nodded to the back again yet came back. "Hey, wanna get a bottle together at the club tonight?"

Yoora and I nodded happily and KittiB made a peace sign with a cute smile before both of them disappeared.

"I like them." I grinned and exhaled a last time, throwing the cigarette over a big bush just like KittiB did it and we left our spot.

"So, we'll just eat and then leave?" I asked and Yoora nodded. "And drink some here as well...that's how I understood it." I just nodded and we sat down, but Yoora pardoned herself to go to the toilet.

"Jiwon?" I perked up at my name being called by Sungbin's voice. "Yes, what?" I asked annoyed, obviously, while he just in his lips. "I have prepared a cake for Soojin...and I was asking you if you wanted to present it along with me. You're like the sister she never had~ so~ Would you do it? For her?"

I my lips shortly and nodded. "I'll do anything for Soojin..."

"Thank you so much!" his smile reached his ears and he patted my shoulder before disappearing. I shrugged my left shoulder, the one he touched, even after Sungbin was way out of my sight. My eyes even rolled, but I inhaled deeply after having Soojin bright smile in my mind if she'd receive the cake from her two most beloved ones.

"Alcohol and food, peasants!" Soojin shouted and people started to gather around her at some table, where food seemed to be given out. Of course I got up as well and got myself a plastic knife and fork along with a plate and went to grab some of the precious Kwon-family-made food, the best you'd find nowhere else.

-

I hung up and looked at Hyun Jung. "Okay, a cab will come in no time...let's get the others together." I winked and the two of us went back. Soojin chose Hyun Jung, KittiB, Yoora, another girl called Nieah and me to be in the "birthday" cab. Take that Lim Sungbin, a ladies cab!

Soojin walked over to me after I've seen Hyun Jung talking to her. "Ah~ thank you, baby! I was really busy just now planning and calculating and whatnot and couldn't call the cab myself...!"

I laughed, some alcohol kicking in. "Boy, it's alright! Anything for my baby!" we hugged each other and she checked up on her garden and gateway if anybody was still there before we left for the street where the others were already standing, waiting for the at least five cabs to come.

"10:00pm...the best for starting to intrude a club, unnie." I nudged her side and we walked side by side to the end of the road.

Soon all the cabs arrived and took us to our favorite club "Prime" in the blink of an eye.

Since she reserved a lounge for all of us to sit we could enter just like that. And to be honest, especially Soojin and I had connections. We knew almost all of the bouncers at this popular club...we had advantages, a lot.

But back to the main topic, Soojin's birthday.

Sungbin tapped my shoulder twice. "Hey, let's get the cake." I nodded and followed him while a cap and a special hoodie caught my attention. I looked after him and ran into some people, immediately apologizing like the polite person I was.

I inhaled and looked at the black pullover and cap again before following Sungbin again.

"You light the candles and I hold it...we'll carry it together later on, okay?" I just nodded and put out my lighter, marshaling the fire to the candles.

When I was finished he smiled brightly. "I've baked it myself...it's with small tangerines inside. I know she loves them!"

I responded with a nod again and put my lighter back inside my pocket. "Okay...now carefully..."

"Let's go this way. I told people to not let others go through it, there won't be any wind or something." Sungbin and I started to move along the already sticky walls and soon arrived the big room everybody was located in. Both of us started to sing "Happy Birthday" and Soojin cupped her cheeks while she sat next to some other girls at a table.

We brought the cake over to her, also finishing the song right at that moment and Soojin blew out the candles. Everybody clapped and Soojin fell around my neck, kissing my cheek. "Ah, Jiwonnie ah! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you!"

I grinned just as widely and hit her shoulder softly before she walked over to Sungbin, passionately kissing him. She then came back to me, pinching my left side softly. "Dongsaeng ah, really...Thank you."

I knew what she meant, I indeed did. I glanced over at Sungbin and smiled back at her. "Anything for you."

The rest of the night went perfect, yet the boy with the "Comme Des Down" hoodie didn't leave my mind.

-

My door clicked lightly and I pressed down the knob. I heard no sounds and tipsily put off my shoes, stumbling upstairs.

I closed the door of my room and lighted it, inhaling happily. "Appa is sleepin'...Ugh." I groaned when my bladder surrendered and I opened my door again, walking into the bathroom.

When I came back I sighed in joy yet gulped heavily when I saw my father's figure standing there next to my door frame. "A-appa..."

"Where are you coming from?" he asked loudly and I blinked, a bit lost because of my alcohol level. "Uhm, Soojin's birthday...I've told you, no need to lecture me..."

I tried to walk past him, but he pushed me back, making me fall down on the ground.

"I-I want to sleep." I mumbled. He stunned his hands on his hips. "Oh really, no need to lecture you? Excuse you, normal kids don't come home drunk."

"It is abnormal for kids to come home sober after a party, so excuse you." I blinked, standing up. His eyes widened and he extended his arm, letting it fly fast over to me, slapping me hard.

I swallowed heavily and felt how my right cheek pulsed. It must've been dipped in a hot, red color.

"How dare you talk to me like that?" he slapped the same cheek again and soon tears formed in my eyes. "Appa, I want to sleep.-"

This time his left hand collided with my left half of my face. "Wrong, you don't want to talk back like that."

My father grabbed my right arm harshly and literally threw me into my room. "If you don't wake up at 9am tomorrow I'm going to continue and you know I won't be soft on you."

I saw some tears falling on the ground and wiped them away, laying down on my back. Sniffing I fell asleep on my carpet ground.

-

A/N: yeah, now you've seen the real face of her dad, how was it? im sorry if it's too short...or something :'D