OG Chp 7 "The Questions He Wants The Answer"

Our Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7  The Questions He Wants The Answer

 

Yunho is sitting on his bed with back leaning on the headboard, reading his book for his homework. He looks up from his book as his bedroom door opened. His apartment mate has a pout on his lips while his pajamas feet strides toward the taller man on the bed. It's already 11 pm. He smiles at the sight of pouty Jaejoong crawling toward his side.

 

“You are not sleep yet?”

 

Jaejoong turns his face to look at the taller man. Even though the room is dark, Yunho still can see Jaejoong’s face clearly from the dim light of his nightstand lamp on his left. And Yunho needs a couple of seconds to make sure himself whether it is a pink blush covering Jaejoong’s cheeks.

 

“I'm bored,” Jaejoong murmurs as he brings one of Yunho’s pillow against his chest.

 

Yunho chuckles. “You either hungry or high on sugar if you are not sleepy at 11 pm,”

 

Jaejoong stays silent, waiting for a pat on his head that never comes. His pout grows longer. “Who told you that?”

 

“The book you never read?”

 

“Meany!” Jaejoong hollers, punch his bestfriend with his own pillow. The taller man’s laughing brings music to Jaejoong’s ear. It takes them a couple minutes to continue bickering with a little pillow fight until it totally silent with the two boys lying flat on Yunho’s bed. Jaejoong is staring at the ceiling, heart beating faster not because the pillow fight they just did but because the question which lingering on his head since two hours before. But his lips are closed, too coward to say it out loud.

 

“Your little head will be burst if you think harder than that,” Yunho comments. Jaejoong turns his head to see the chestnut haired boy is staring at him with a playful glint in his eyes. Jaejoong’s heart speeds up.

 

“Yunho, what will you do if your girlfriend tells you she is bored?”

 

The wide smile on Yunho’s face wavers even though it's not totally gone. The glint on his hazel eyes dimmed as he stares at Jaejoong. There is something in Yunho’s eyes, something that Jaejoong can't name every time they are gazing at each other like this. Jaejoong isn’t good reading people’s mind but he has lived with Yunho for two years. To see something foreign Jaejoong can't recognize on the taller man makes him sad. His train of thought stopped when the latter smiles at him.

 

“I will take her to places that make her smile,”

 

Jaejoong replies the smile with a small smile which still looks pretty in Yunho’s eyes even in the dark room. Heart races slowly increasing, Yunho waits for the latter to respond. He doesn’t want to be ahead of himself, but the way Jaejoong is staring at him makes his stomach burn and his body rigid. His brain is going haywire. It keeps telling him that his speculation may be true. What Chayeon said might be true.

 

“Yunho, I'm bored,”

 

Yunho’s heart stops. He looks straight to Jaejoong’s doe eyes. They are deep black as his hair. And Yunho really don’t mind to be drawn in them. Takes a couple of second that Jaejoong thinks Yunho doesn’t like how he initiates his mind. He almost laughing off his monolog earlier before his bestfriend sitting on the bed suddenly.

 

“Let’s go to Busan,”

 

Jaejoong blinks, baffled at the sudden idea. “…right now?”

 

“Are you sleepy?”

 

“…umm…no…”

 

“Do you want to go to Busan?”

 

“…well… it's been a while since last time I went to Busan…”

 

“Let’s go to Busan! We can riding around the city, find good foods, then go to the beach,” By then Yunho is already standing by two feet and heading toward his wardrobe. He looks back at his shoulder. “Well?”

 

Jaejoong stares at Yunho’s radiant face. He smiles wider as he as well sitting up on the bed. “I’d love too!”

 

As Jaejoong runs toward his room to pack some clothes and toothbrush, he can feel his stomach giddy with the butterflies. He will going to go on a date with Yunho! At Busan!

---------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong falls face first on the bed as they reached their hotel bedroom. He groans from the tiring day and he barely can open his eyes. Both Yunho and Jaejoong rode a bike from Seoul to Busan for 5 hours. The arrived at the city around dawn and immediately looking for a good food stall that opened around the hotel complex they planned to stay. Instead checked in the hotel to catch some sleep they lost, the two boys agreed to drop their belonging only to drive around the city when the sky was still dark and the road was empty. Jaejoong laughed as Yunho pull a stunt on the street or slowing down just so Jaejoong could breathe the fresh air.

 

They laughed as they talking from behind their helmet, with Jaejoong’s arms wrapped around Yunho’s torso. They stopped once or two when Jaejoong spotted a good place to take a picture and when he saw a food street stalls. Then they bought a couple of snack and Jaejoong’s strawberry milk as they drove higher to the hill to watch sun rise while sitting on the bench. The black haired boy secretly stared at the taller man, admiring how handsome Yunho is when his face was hit by the orange glow of sun rise. Not that Yunho wasn’t knowing the secret glances from the beautiful boy, just let say Yunho was actually enjoy it. So he turned around to catch a surprised Jaejoong whom acted by looking for a sandwich he bought earlier. But Yunho didn’t laugh nor withdrew his eyes away. His eyes lingering to the pretty face, the pink tint cheeks, and the nervous lips bite.

 

Jaejoong shyly looked up to stare back at the hazel eyes and the small smiles that looked permanent on Yunho’s lips. They hold the gaze for what feels like hours. Because when both are out of their trance, Jaejoong can see how Yunho’s fingers reach out toward his face. Holding his breath seemed like Jaejoong’s new habit these days especially when Jung Yunho is around. So without killing himself from unable to breath, Jaejoong stays still, feeling the rough fingertips grazing his cheek as if he was made of glass. Kept telling himself not hallucinating, he witnessed how Yunho’s eyes linger down to his lips 3 seconds longer before he pulled away.

 

“The weather is good, let’s take a walk,”

 

Before Jaejoong can say anything, Yunho was already walked away from the bench. Shivering, Jaejoong bit his lips as he slowly walked toward the taller man. Why was his heart hurt so much?
 

Jaejoong screams to the pillow as he flapping around like a fish. What was that? Was Yunho is about to kiss him? Was Yunho entranced by him? Jaejoong isn’t bluffing cause even his past ex-girlfriends told him how pretty he is. So what happened? But what makes Jaejoong more stress is not only the fact that he can't understand what was happening between them, but how his disappointment was arising the moment Yunho pulled away. Did he expect something from Yunho? Did he want Yunho to kiss him? But—my God!—Yunho is a man and his best friend! He can't just…. Just…

 

“Jaejoong, you okay?”

 

Jaejoong gasps as he sits straight on the bed. He has been wailing by flapping his hands around and Yunho starts to worry. By how unbothered Yunho looked ever since that incident, Jaejoong decided not to bring that up. There are things he wants to make sure but he knows he can't straightly ask Yunho about it. The chestnut haired man just walked out from the hotel bathroom with fresh shirt and sweatpants. Suddenly Jaejoong feels homey and wants to snuggle.

 

“It's better for you to take a bath and have a rest for a while,” Yunho sits on the other bed, ruffling his half-wet hair. “It's already 1 pm. When you are done take a bath, sleep. I will wake you up on the evening for dinner,”

 

“A-alright,”

 

After 20 minutes Jaejoong is ready to sleep, he is about to pull the converter to his chin but then he stops. He looks at his left to see Yunho is looking at his phone. What is he doing? Is he texting Chaeyeon? Is he texting someone I don’t know? Will he call her when I slept? He has never been an impulsive kid but not today.

 

Yunho tears his eyes from the message he is about to reply when he feels a nudge on his right. Jaejoong is slipping into his bed. He knew Kim Jaejoong is a clingy person and they had done this many times before. But right this moment when the ravennete looks up to meet Yunho’s eyes, Yunho feels his heart is about to explode. Jaejoong looks so pretty in his oversized tee, leaning on his shoulder like that. Peachy full lips parted asking question Yunho needs to ask twice.

 

“I said what are you doing?” Jaejoong pouts and Yunho can't help his eyes not to linger there for a moment. “Won't you sleep? You had been drove for 10 hours, Yunho,”

 

“Yeah, sure,” Yunho nods, smiles still wavers because his heart beats so fast.

 

If Jaejoong giggles mutely as Yunho puts his phone away, Yunho doesn’t see it. At first the taller man thought Jaejoong will move out back to his own bed but no. As Yunho lies on his back, immediately Jaejoong glues to his side, arms possessively wrapped around Yunho’s muscular arm. Yunho needs all his self control not to tore his arm away and hover about the smaller boy. This morning when they watched sun rise, he hardly kept his hand to himself. He doesn’t want to make Jaejoong uncomfortable. So he silently breathes in and breathes out to bring peace to his heart—and body.

 

“You must be tired,”

 

He hears Jaejoong murmurs. Heart starts to speed up again because murmuring and whispering aren’t their thing. Jaejoong always loud and open. This is new. Decided to not opening his eyes, Yunho only answers with a soft hum. It was silence for a couple of minutes, so Yunho thinks Jaejoong is already falle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter