OG Chp 6 "The Trouble of The Heart"

Our Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6  The Trouble of The Heart

 

Jaejoong wakes up the next morning with a dazed eyes. He looks at the distant place where his windows provide him. The black haired boy turns to his side, looking at his empty bed beside him. Yunho usually sleeps with him but the latter didn’t come into his room last night. Last night, right after Yunho called it late enough, he told Jaejoong to go to sleep but the taller man didn’t follow him inside his bedroom. As Jaejoong laid on his bed, stared at his slightly ajar bedroom door, he didn’t realized the dried tears stained his bedcover. Nor he realized he fell asleep waiting someone to walk in.

 

Shakes his head, Jaejoong gazes at his bedroom door. He needs to sort his ego aside. Why he feels like this, he doesn’t know the answer. Why he is so shaken up by the fact that Yunho was taken, he can't find himself to answer that. Because he thinks Yunho hides a secret from him? No, Jaejoong appreciates Yunho’s privacy. Both of them appreciate each other’s privacy that’s why they can maintain a good two years together. So nope, it's not just because Jaejoong feels betrayed that Yunho is not telling about his life Jaejoong doesn’t know. Even it still stings that Jaejoong thought both of them knew each other.

 

It's because he is not yours.

 

Jaejoong breathes out. No. That’s not the case. Jaejoong can't be upset because at least now he is realized Yunho isn’t his, Yunho isn’t free for him anymore, Yunho isn’t able to stay by his side forever. That he is not Yunho’s number one anymore. Jaejoong slaps his cheeks with his palms. What is wrong with him. It's not like him at all. Since when Jaejoong is the type of person who despise his bestfriend’s happiness? No, he can't let Yunho know that he is thinking this way, feeling this way. Yunho surely will hate him. No, Jaejoong isn’t a hateful person. And he definitely doesn’t want Yunho to hate him.

 

With the new resolution, Jaejoong takes a deep breath and wakes up from the comfort of his bed. He will give his best smile to his bestfriend. He will pat Yunho’s back and gives his blessing. He will support Yunho. As long Yunho is happy so…

 

“You don’t have to,”

 

“I want to,”

 

But Jaejoong isn’t prepared to have the sight of Yunho’s beautiful fiancé so early in the morning inside his apartment. The first thing he sees as he opens his bedroom door is the pretty girl with her jet black hair in maroon long dress and small bag. The girl is tailing behind Yunho into the living room. The two have their back on Jaejoong and the latter doesn’t know why he is standing there hopes to be invisible. Because no, his heart isn’t hurting the moment Yunho ruffles the girl’s hair.

 

“Well, thanks for the homemade pizza. Jaejoong will surely love it,” Jaejoong frowns. Chaeyeon brings pizza for him? Well, Yunho told him she is a good cook afterall. Did Yunho told her Jaejoong’s favorite foods? Nice, she is after her fiancé’s bestfriend’s blessing now. Is that mean she knew Jaejoong doesn’t fond of Yunho was taken? “What time you woke up to made this?”

 

“Don’t touch my hair, Jung,”

 

“Yea yea. Have a seat. So, have you eat?” Yunho asks, still having his palm on Chaeyeon’s head. “And don’t answer me that whatever diet you are having cause I hate that,”

 

“I'm having my chocolate diet. There. What are you going to do?” Chaeyeon sits with hands folded on her chest.

 

“I'm so going to tell your mom,”

 

“That won't work, you . My mom hates you since last year,”

 

“Your mom loves me, Chaeyeon ah,” Yunho laughs in amusement. “She didn’t tell you she called me last night?”

 

Chaeyeon turns her head and makes a face Jaejoong assumed as a shocked expression. “You two gang up behind my back?” Yunho laughs as he stands up. “And here I thought she told me she hates you since you broke…”

 

“Oh, Jaejoong ah!”

 

Both Yunho and Chaeyeon turn to the man in front of the bedroom door. Jaejoong doesn’t like even bit how shocked the two are, the familiarity Yunho shows with the girl and the girl’s Mom, and how close they are as if they live in their own bubble. This is HIS and Yunho’s apartment! More over how they are exchanging a glance with each other. As if there is something they are hiding form Jaejoong.

 

“Oh, Good morning, Jaejoong sshi,” Chaeyeon stands up as if she wakes from her daze, gives Yunho a side glance. “I'm Jung Chaeyeon. Yunho’s fiancé. We met yesterday at uni,” She smiles beautifully.

 

Yunho narrows his eyes at Chaeyeon playfully which she replies with a scrunch little nose of hers. Jaejoong doesn’t like the closeness. Jaejoong doesn’t like the introduction. Jaejoong doesn’t like how she betitled herself. Jaejoong doesn’t like the fact how beautiful she is. Jaejoong doesn’t like the smiles they throw at each other.

 

“N-nice to meet you. I'm K-Kim Jaejoong,” Jaejoong bows, missed the glint in Chaeyeon’s eyes when she noticed that Jaejoong stutters.

 

“Sorry to disturbing you so early in the morning,” Chaeyeon smiles. “I bring a homemade pizza. I hope you don’t mind eating pizza for breakfast,”

 

“Uh oh, t-thankyou,” Jaejoong bows awkwardly. “Please join us,”

 

Chaeyeon gazes at Yunho and Jaejoong quickly looks away as he saunters toward the dining table, the place that used to be seated by only him and Yunho. He hears Yunho’s murmurs at his back about how he will destroy Chaeyeon’s diet followed by small shuffles sounds. The two stops bicker when they reach dining table. Yunho being a gentleman he is, pulls a chair for Chaeyeon before seats beside her. Jaejoong feels his stomach churns. Yunho usually did that for him when they are having a date.

 

At that Jaejoong stops. Their date! How could he forgot? Will Yunho still take him to a date? Will Yunho still teach him how to treat his girlfriend right? But then the sting comes across Jaejoong’s chest. Was all this time Yunho showed him how he usually treat Chaeyeon? Is he only a replacement when the girl is not here? Is he only a….

 

Yunho and Chaeyeon stop munching their pizza and look at the boy across the small table. Jaejoong just slaps his cheeks and shakes his head, eyes finding the pizza very interesting.

 

“Jae? What’s wrong?”

 

“N-nothing,” Jaejoong stutters. He bites his lower lips, tries to shake off his bad thought. He hates himself to think that way. His mind is getting dangerous. Why is he like this?

 

“You sure?” Yunho asks, his palm goes to Jaejoong’s cheek. The long fingers rub the red patch softly. “Don’t slap your cheeks. See how red they are now,”

 

For a second Jaejoong forget there is Chaeyeon, sitting there with them. For a second Jaejoong really wants to lean against Yunho’s touch. For a second, Jaejoong really really really wants Yunho to stay that way, rubbing his cheeks and face like Jaejoong is the most beautiful thing in the world. Like he used to make him feel. Like he used to do. Just for another second Jaejoong realizes Yunho’s fiancé is looking at their interaction.

 

“Yeah, so-sorry,” Jaejoong tries to lean away from Yunho’s palm. He quickly takes a bite of the pizza. “This is good,”

 

Chaeyeon notices it. Every single bit of it. “Thanks, I bake it with so much love,” She sings.

 

Jaejoong stops the bite toward his mouth. Only Yunho who oblivious to the shorter man’s reaction, instead he snorts as he takes a big bite. “Yea~”

 

“Is that sarcasm I heard from you, Jung?”

 

Yunho throws Jaejoong a knowing look. Did he ask Jaejoong to gang up against his fiancé? Jaejoong blinks.

 

“Oh of course not, Ms. Jung,” Yunho stuffs more exaggeratedly into his mouth in front of Chaeyeon. “By the way what time you wake up to make this? You are not a morning person,”

 

“At 5. And I AM a morning peson,” Chaeyeon dead panned.

 

“What do you mean? You sleep like a cow,”

 

Jaejoong isn’t exactly sure how to feel the moment Chaeyeon pinches Yunho’s side hard while smiling at him. “This dumb fiancé of mine doesn’t even save my dignity in front of you, isn’t he awful, Jaejoong sshi?”

 

“That’s so savage of you, Ms. Jung,” Yunho hisses in pain.

 

“You are so dumb, Jung, I hate you,”

 

“Is it your real name?” Before Jaejoong can hold himself back, the question rolls out his tongue. The couple in front of him turns to look at him with questioned eyes. “Your name, Jung Chaeyeon, is that your real name?”

 

Because, boy~ Jaejoong feels so bothered by how the two have the same surename and call each other with their same surename. Jaejoong needs to make sure that’s not how they address each other as theirs.

 

“Of course,” Chaeyeon smiles, puzzles by Jaejoong’s question.

 

Secretly breathes out in relief, Jaejoong tries to start the conversation. “You are so pretty. I wonder is that why Yunho tries to hide you,”

 

“Why, thankyou,” Chaeyeon chuckles shyly while Yunho murmurs why he needs to hide a scary nanny.

 

“Yunho never tells that he is engaged. We were so shocked. He never said anything about having a girlfriend,” Jaejoong tilts his head as he stares at his bestfriend. Yunho looks away almost feels a bit guilty for not telling Jaejoong the truth, but he can't embarrass Chaeyeon just like that. He will let Chaeyeon tell Jaejoong by herself since she is the one who started all this fiancé things.

 

“Our Mom did that, we met because of them,” Chaeyeon says, while Yunho nods looking at his pizza. “They were a college bestie but lost contact when my Mom went overseas with my Dad. When she came back to Korea and met Yunho’s mom, they discovered they have children with the same age and became so excited about it. So here we are…”

 

“You were arranged in engagement by your mothers?” Jaejoong tries to smile. The thought of both Yunho and Chaeyeon’s mothers are friends and planned to marry their children doesn’t sit well with Jaejoong. “That’s kinda old school,”

 

“Yes, I know right. As for girlfriend… He doesn’t have one,” Chaeyeon side eyeing the taller of the three. “I guess it's hard to have one, isn’t it, Jung?” The girl asks teasingly and Yunho knows damn well what she means by that. Jaejoong gulps. Is she implicitly said that they were bond long before that?

 

“Nah~ It's just no one catches my eyes,” Yunho gives the girl a warning glance. He knew Chaeyeon will spill the idea that he got a crush on Jaejoong for a damn two years.

 

“Oh, really?” Chaeyeon grins in mockery.

 

“He lies. He always surrounded by a lot of girls. Yunho can easily pick one if he wants to,” Jaejoong smiles uneasily. “He is pretty popular,”

 

“Well, he got nothing others than his look,”

 

Yunho howls at that and the two bickers full of laugh. Both of them are beautiful and they look so good together. But it's not a sight to be seen for Jaejoong. Not when Yunho has his arm around the girl neck, playfully knock her head, while Chaeyeon puts her hand on Yunho’s stomach in resistant. Jaejoong swallows hard. Suddenly the moist and delicious pizza is so hard to swallow. He tries to continue eating companied by laughter from the couple. When the two seems over the banters, Chaeyeon turns to Jaejoong again.

 

“He is pretty loyal, Jaejoong sshi. Once he gave his heart to someone, he don’t spare a glance to anyone else,” Chaeyeon says, stares at Jaejoong intensely while Yunho feels like about to die in embarrassment.

 

But of course Kim Jaejoong is dull and he doesn’t catch the hints Chaeyeon throws his way. Jaejoong thinks he can't take it anymore. So he nods in understanding before excuse himself to prepare morning class. As the black haired boy walks to his bedroom, Chaeyeon stares at Jaejoong in disbelieve. It was only until the bedroom door closed, Chaeyeon blows a disbelieve sigh exaggeratedly. She stares at Yunho as if she wants to throw something on Jaejoong’s face.

 

“You know, Jung,” Chaeyeon puts her long fingers on her forehead, tired all of sudden. “No wonder you guys are nowhere near lovers. He is so stupid!”

 

Yunho only bites his pizza, looking at the lamp hanging above the small table. “I know right?”

 

But Yunho has been talking to Chaeyeon about his effort pinning after Jaejoong since the latter broke up with his late girlfriend. Chaeyeon knew about the childish-date fiasco and she thought something about it. After meeting Jaejoong she knows Jaejoong isn’t type who willingly take Yunho’s hand in relationship. She needs to make Jaejoong realizes his feeling toward Yunho.

 

Jaejoong hopes the moment he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter